Forum home Archived I got married in 2008

June 08 Brides

Is there any June 08 brides who still haven't sorted out their bridesmaids dresses?

xx

• deniseoukdeniseouk Posts: 1,920 New bride
    Yep

MOH is on diet so can't buy just now until see what weight she will be.

FG's..............god where do I start...........I had initially bought 3 lovely dresses all the same, then my great neice has turned into a right little podge and not sure if the dress would fit her by the time of the wedding............so bought 10 lovely ivory dresses, so nearer the time will get the 3 flower girls together and see what they're wearing.

Not stressing though............everything will turn out fine x
  • i have chosen the dresses i want but i can't order them yet because my bridesmaids are 11 and 12 years old and currently growing taller every time i see them!!! i think it's the only thing i have left to do now!!

Sian x x x x x x
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    I haven't bought mine yet, as haven't found the one(s) yet. Am on a serious search though at the mo. Have 1 bm about to give birth to twins on Friday and a 12 soon to be 13 year old who I'm struggling to find something for along with 3 other adult Bm and possibly 2 flower girls. Crazy I know.
  • Gemma610Gemma610 Posts: 293
    Don't worry I haven't bought mine yet either. I live in Essex and I have one BM in Bath, one in Southampton and one in Singapore!

I think I have found the dress I want for them (had 1 BM try it on) but I think I am going to order it from House of Brides on the net as it is £77 on there compared to £199 where I have seen it! I am waiting for a sample of the fabric to come in the post and if I like the colour I will order them. Am having to guesstimate sizes and then we'll have to get a dress maker to alter them if they aren't quite right. There is no way I can get them all together except for the day before the wedding probably so am having to do it this way!!

• clujucluju Posts: 2,843
    Yep. I want them to choose their own dresses, they want to shopping all together though, and ones in London and the others got three kids and is trying to lose the baby weight so hopefully we'll sort something in Jan or Feb, though I'm not around much then, as I'll be visiting h2b in Glasgow (I'm in Bristol).

xx
  • nanauknanauk Posts: 990
    I have only just picked my own dress Saturday past so still have bridesmaid dress to get. Hoping to buy one in Debenhams in the New Year. Not sure what type or colour.

Have bought a dress for junior bridemaid in ivory from Next but may return it .
  • We have my MoH's dress already, but the 4 small bridesmaids (aged 11, 9, 8 and 2) are having their dresses made, but we are leaving it as long as possible incase any of them have a sudden growth spurt. They will be started after Xmas and then we will have to just have the hem length done, maybe beginning of May. x
  • have sorted out my big bridesmaids but not flowergirl am going to take her after new year, wanted to leave it as long as poss as she is only 3 and growing quick!!! x
  • Already have dresses picked out and have got the girls' measurements, but haven't ordered yet... I'll be ordering them first thing in January though!

The only BM dress I haven't got sorted is for my junior BM, as she's growing all the time, so I'm waiting a couple of months til I order hers.
  • Mitme08Mitme08 Posts: 503
    sorted out 3 bms but have just had a new bm 2 weeks old so will now have to look for her in the spring bless lol