Forum home Archived I got married in 2010

24 July 2010 anyone

Hi everyone we have put off the wedding till 2010 to have a baby i already have a we boy with h2b, over the moon but by the time the wedding has come I think I will have popped of the world into the stars with excitement.

Gives us more time and maybe even be able to go away on honey moon anyone else on the same day or month

want to a buddy to get through with two feet still on the ground:\)

lorrs

• todddatoddda Posts: 25
    hi

i am getting married on the 24th july 2010 as well. have booked the venue both h2b and i have a daughter each and 1 boy together. cant wait . we have booked Dodmoor house in Weedon northamptonshire. having civil service. was not going to look at dresses for ages yet but opened a wedding mag the other day and spotted two i really liked. when are you getting yours?
  • lorrsuklorrsuk Posts: 50
    Well I seen a dress online it was too good to be true went to pay pall as it was £300.00 but worth £1000 it was a con they had no registered company under that name but I know what i"m looking for. We have not yet booked Venue, we too are having service there got prices back they are great as we are paying for it ourselves want the 24th so saving like mad just now, dress will get after we have deposit down.
  • Hi All

I am a newbie, so just getting used to all of the wedding business!

We are getting married on 24th July 2010 at Wroxall Abbey Estate. I am so glad to see that I am not the only planning a 'far off wedding'

The reason for the long engagement is that I am studying until June 2009 and didn't want to be writning assignments and wedding planning at the same time, so we settled for 2010 (and then of course had to decide on our date depending on 2010 world cup dates)

Would love to hear from you fellow 2010ers.

Ellie image
    HI MRS LEWIS2010, GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE STUDYING I HAVE JUST FINISHED A COURSE AND GLAD IT IS OVER NO MORE ASSIGNMENTS YEE HA!

IT WILL FLY IN BEFOR YOU KNOW IT

IT IS WELL WORTH IT, I WAS STUDYING CHILDREN SERVICE AND HAVE A COUPLE OF JOB I HAVE PUT IN FOR.

SO KEEP FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME EVERYONE

"WHAT'S FOR YOU! WILL NOT GO BY YOU",

SO I HOPE THIS SAYING IS TURE.

H2B IS NOT FOOTBALL DAFT BUT BEST MAN IS, SO GLAD HE WONT MISS HIS FOTTIE, H2B IS MAD ABOUT MUSIC HE PLAYS GUITAR.

THE ONLY GUITAR I CAN PLAY IS ON THE WII! I FINSHED IT ON EASY, ANYONE ELES WII MAD GOING TO GET FIT. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON.

TAKE CARE FOR NOW

LORRS

[Modified by: lorrs on August 21, 2008 06:21 AM]

• samfoisamfoi Posts: 415
    Hi Ladies - just had to pop in as im getting married on 24/7/10 as well! How exciting, we have less than 2 yrs now! So far we have booked venue = registrar and i have designed the invites but thats about it. Next step is the photographer me thinks! x
    Hey everyone got Venue Info back all good so far and they are very nice and have no problems, also very helpful too. Also to arrange a day for florist coming round for a bridal consolation, You name it they do it so any one in Scotland if you have any problems I will more than gladly pass on details (All the flowers I wanted, and how I want them too) not over priced either. Is anyone opening a wedding account we are putting into a savings account for big day.

Things are going so well just now, seen a few dresses I like.

My sis not happy with wearing bridesmaids dress, so looking for cream suits. I Want something special and something they will use again. Checked on line and seen nothing yet that jumps out at me. Anyone any help on this one.
    hi guys i am studying up untill the wedding. Crazy i know but the figured will help time fly. i am thinking pink for two adult bridesmaids but not sure what shade. i have loads of ideas for flowers, i like gerberas. dont want to spend too much on flowers. as my venue is a barn dont want centre peices to be too elaborate just want nice relaxed country type feel. going to national wedding fair in birmingham in october taking H2B he is actually really forward to it. going to take my mum in spring if i havent dragged her in to bridal shop before then. my sister inlaw is angling after her children being bridesmaid and pageboy. she has seemed to assume they will be even though H2B and i have 3 children between us not sure how i am going to deal with that one yet. Any Ideas ?
  • I'm a newbie to the site but have just discovered all you other lovelies getting married 24/7/2010!

I have booked the Church, still negotiatiating with the reception venue on having the 'closed house' service the way WE want it (not the way they want us to have it!)

I have my dress & the flower girls dress. Have seen & pre-ordered my bridesmaids dresses & matching waistcoats for all the boys, ordered my cake, seen the invites I want & the Mr just nods along.

Phew, when I get it down in writing it seems I've done loads & then i remember something else we could arrange or be looking into!

Am so excited!!!!!
  • Hey ladies!!

I'm a 24/7/2010 bride as well!

Wow you're all so organised! We've booked church & venue & our cars, think the next one soon will be photographer as the one we want books up way in advance!!

Glad to see some of you are studying up until the wedding! I think I'm mad because I'm starting a 4 year uni course in September! Figured there is never going to be a good time to do itsoI may as well do it now!!!

Glad there's a few of us now! Hehe!

xx
  • hi all !!! im getting married at whitworth hall in spennymoor and its all booked up !! woop !!!

aint booked nothing else yet. how do you go about booking the registrar? xx
    hi you have to ring registry office and they put you through to right people. i rang in march week after i got engaged and they have made a note of it and have to ring back 12 months before wedding to confim booking. think they only let you provisionally book it this far in advance.

deposits are normally paid when you book your venue. my venue wanted a 50% deposit not normally this much but just check think they are usually around 500 pound some may even depend on how many people are attending. just ask when you look around hope it goes well.
    Hi all!

With venue and package we want there is a clause but as all my family will fill rooms up they are looking for you to book 17 rooms. Which is actually the cost of what the room for service would cost? That you get free with package, do you think this sounds bad! I was thinking although it is still the same price as whole wedding if package not taken out! Offering to all staying apart from immediate family, that there would only be a £40.00 room each couple, This quite a drop from normal price we could make up the rest ourselves. Then we will stay on budget for reception. Have emailed venue with reference to room as they offer honeymoon suite free.

But who is the last people you want to see on your honeymoon dad and other Family members, I don't think so!

Going to go see lawyer friend as contract is a bit OTT apart from that I am in love with place. It's only £500 deposit but if you change mind at all you have to carry full cost of the whole day. So think really hard about this one.
    Hi all!

With venue and package we want there is a clause but as all my family will fill rooms up they are looking for you to book 17 rooms. Which is actually the cost of what the room for service would cost? That you get free with package, do you think this sounds bad! I was thinking although it is still the same price as whole wedding if package not taken out! Offering to all staying apart from immediate family, that there would only be a £40.00 room each couple, This quite a drop from normal price we could make up the rest ourselves. Then we will stay on budget for reception. Have emailed venue with reference to room as they offer honeymoon suite free.

But who is the last people you want to see on your honeymoon dad and other Family members, I don't think so!

Going to go see lawyer friend as contract is a bit OTT apart from that I am in love with place. It's only £500 deposit but if you change mind at all you have to carry full cost of the whole day. So think really hard about this one.
    hi lorrs

it does seem abit OTT to have to pay all of wedding cost. where is your venue? we will loose deposit oficially but because so far away and date in middle of summer our venue did say that we probably wont loose deposit as they will have no problem rebooking that date. not that we will cancel of course just a lot of money to pay out and we didnt get 2008 prices. never mind mum and dad are stumping up for that.
  • We booked our photographer last night, and this weekend we are going to a cake makers to discuss ideas.. really exciting!
    Spoke to place getting back to me on a few things so it just wait and see, just now but want to book so I don't loss my day Got alot of work on just now doing OT to get ££££££££ in. We are paying for it our selfs my dad has offered but we can do it ourself so that way can have the day of our dreams without putting it upon my dad he not well and i just want him to enjoy himself.

Going for a coffee before the little lad wakes up, we are all doing so well, booking etc I just need this back and then I can go ahead and book our self's!!!!
    BY THE WAY I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER THE MOON I WILL NEED TO LEAD BOOTS THINGS ARE JUST GOING SO WELL JUST NOW.
  • Hi Girlies! I'm so excited by this post... as we're also getting married on the 24th July 2010 (The best date in my opinion!!) We have our church, reception venue and photographer booked. I've also provisionally booked our wedding cars as my cousin works for the company. And last weekend i found the dress of my dreams and have put a deposit down on it- in doinf so i've secured the dress for 2008 price (but the dress wont be delivered until Jan 2010) and got my shoes and veil thrown in for free so i'm well chuffed. Sorry if i'm going on i'm just soo excited to see other B2B getting married on the same date. How are all your plans going? xxx
    hi divina m congrats, quite agree 24th july is the best date. it certainly is exciting, i havent sorted dress out yet but have seen a couple i would like to try on. up at mums this weeks so have been shopping for wedding things went to confetti and got some bits and have seen a few ideas for table centres buit cant decide yet. im just waiting to go to the national wedding show in october then it will be all systems go. only have venue booked at mo but will hopefully have photographer booked and cars very shortly.
  • Wow! You sound super organised! I cant wait for the National Wedding show either. Which one are you going to? I'm going to the one at the Birmingham NEC.
    hi yes i'm gong to one at birmingham on the friday going with H2B so looking forward to it. may have to lose him whilst i have a look at the dresses though. when are you going?
  • Thinking about going on the saturday, but its going to be soooo busy and probably wont get a chance to get to see most of it. H2B is coming with me also (in fact i think its turning into a full family day out as both mums are also coming!) xxx

• Hi

I am going too! NEC Saturday, with H2B and both mothers. (not sure if it was such a good idea) I went to the clothes show last year on the saturday and got there early and the queues were tollerable and wasn't that bad - fingers crossed this will be similar?!

It will be so exciting - everything you could possibly think of all under one roof!
  • I'm so glad someone else is bringing both the mums along... you'll probably see me i'll be the one looking stressed in the corner!image Its also really nice to see other 24/7/10 brides are getting stuck into the whole planning thing, think my family think i'm a bit weird starting so early! x
  • hi there just a quick one!! our perfect weddings are less than 2 years away now !! infact its 694 days to go !! woooooop !!! xx