Forum home Archived I got married in 2010

SAVE THE DATE

Hey all you brides2b of 2010 just wondering how soon are you sending out Save the Date Cards, and can you send them if you are not finalised on the location of the wedding?

Also does anybody know any good websites to visit to start me off in the process of making my own stationary Please?

Thanks everyone

• ALLYWALLY85ALLYWALLY85 Posts: 949
    Quoted:
    Hi! We are getting married on Aug 7th 2010, and are sending our save the date cars in January 2009. We figured this is when people start booking their summer holidays for the next year so we want to send the cards out before they do that! We are just putting on the cards 'please save the date for the wedding of .... and .... to take place on 7th August 2010. Formal invitation to follow, so although we have booked our venue we are not mentioning it anyway as we didnt think this was important for the save the date cards! So if you havent finalised yours it wont matter. Hope this helps!

We are having our invites made so cant help you there, sorry

Thanks so much for your help, its made me start thinking of getting myself together to make them as I know what I am like, I am very picky and everything has to be perfect so I need as much time as possible to make them.

Once again thanks and Good Luck
  • ALLYWALLY85ALLYWALLY85 Posts: 949
    Quoted:
    Hi! We are getting married on Aug 7th 2010, and are sending our save the date cars in January 2009. We figured this is when people start booking their summer holidays for the next year so we want to send the cards out before they do that! We are just putting on the cards 'please save the date for the wedding of .... and .... to take place on 7th August 2010. Formal invitation to follow, so although we have booked our venue we are not mentioning it anyway as we didnt think this was important for the save the date cards! So if you havent finalised yours it wont matter. Hope this helps!

We are having our invites made so cant help you there, sorry

Thanks so much for your help, its made me start thinking of getting myself together to make them as I know what I am like, I am very picky and everything has to be perfect so I need as much time as possible to make them.

Once again thanks and Good Luck
  • Hi,

We are planning on getting married in Mauritius in October 2010. We are telling people verbally about our plans, but we will begin thinking about Save The Date cards once we can begin booking. Prices are released around the beginning of 2010 so that's when we will do it. They are going to be along the lines of "We would love it if you could be there, but we understand if you can't...".

I think it's especially important for notification in advance for a wedding abroad!

As far as getting them made up, have you looked on somewhere like Moonpig? You can also get Save The Date Magnets which are pretty cool! x
  • mrshampson2bemrshampson2be Posts: 1,690
    We are getting married on the 6th of August 2010 and will be sending our save the dates out this time next year (July/August 2009) - a year in advance - I know that some of our family and friends book holidays this year for next year!
  • j2bej2be Posts: 134
    oooh great post i've been thinking when to do this aswell - I was advised by a friend who just got married to do a year in advance but even longer for summer weddings and since as i'm july 2010 i thought about sending them out around January xx