Forum home Archived I got married in 2010

Is anyone going to have their camera with them

Hi

just wondering if anyone is going to have their own camera with them at their wedding (more the reception really) so they can get their own view of their wedding celebrations.

Was thinking about this the other day so was just wondering if anyone else had thought about it

• LampiekatLampiekat Posts: 3,527
    Yeah we are going to have disposable cameras on the tables. I just suddenly thought that i'd like to have a camera myself so that i can capture what i see of my day well the reception anyway and was thinking that i might give my camera to a friend for the wedding so she can capture some shots for me at the church etc.

I know most brides don't but thought i might be different lol
  • MissVWMissVW Posts: 7,419
    We're marrying abroad and will have our cameras with us - even though we'll have professional photography taken too (as well as all the guests and their cameras!). I think it adds a personal touch to have a few pics that you've taken yourself so you can see it through your own eyes instead of those of others x
    You've just said it in a better way than i had worded it MissVW. It was watching the olympics when all the athletes had their cameras whilst they paraded round the stadium that made me think of the idea
  • kazzyjkazzyj Posts: 46
    my camera will be coming but i wont be the one taking the pictures i will give my own camera to my mum and her b/f will have their camera so i wil never be behind the lense but as my photographer leaves at 8pm what they arent there to take we will have at home. Was thinking of getting disposable but after asking everyone if they would like them they all said they will be bringing there own digital ones so didnt want them to go to waste!
  • baby-babybaby-baby Posts: 1,877
    We have thought about it and we will prob have our own camera with us. Like you say, it will be nice to have some photo from our perspective. We are thinking that instead of disposiable Cameras we will leave black Cd's and ask people to put thier pictures on the cd's and send back to us. We have a great printer that allows you to print on them so we will put instructions on the actual CD.

Michelle

I like that idea Pookylou, might do that aswell hehe