music to walk down the aisle

hi i was wondering what music everyone is hacing to walk down to i have finally decided on the rose by westlife

• zoda84zoda84 Posts: 84
    Aww I love Westife, My H2B would never agree to it though!! I am having prelude in C played on the harp, always loved harps, think they sound really romantic!
  • LAV1983LAV1983 Posts: 743
    After a LOT of thought and listening to loads of songs i finally decided on You are so beautiful by Joe Cocker. It is perfect in everyway, and my Dad is a huge fan of him and i grew up with his music! It is about 2 and a half minutes long so don't even need to shortn it! x
  • Hi i am having a very traditional classical song as i'm having a trio playing classical music...i really like it and it's abit of a tear jerker

xx
  • im having - in a country churchyard chris de burgh
  • tillypusstillypuss Posts: 571
    What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong,

• I am getting married at Canterbury Cathedral so having something classical but not too well-known. It is 'if ye love me' by Thomas Tallis. It's a beautiful choral piece, and will be sung by the cathedral choristers, so will hopefully sound gorgeous! We found it really difficult to choose though as we didn't want to go for anything cliched, but am really happy with our choice. xx
  • OCDbrideOCDbride Posts: 524
    I'm having the forrest gump theme tune played on the harp. Love the sound of the harp and it is one of my favourite films so had to have it.

xx
  • MrsB55MrsB55 Posts: 12
    Hi

I am walking down to DJ Sammy Heaven the candlelight version.

• Does anyone know where you can find samples of wedding music to listen to? We are having a civil ceremony and finding it really hard trying to think of something to walk down isle to?!?

Hey bex2907

Think you can have pretty much whatever you want as long as there is no mention of god in it.

Each registrar is different so worth once you've picked one to give them a quick phone before you set your heart on it.

xx
  • sprite68sprite68 Posts: 727
    We haven't come to any decisions yet - not the only thing we haven't sorted!!! Thinking of maybe 'here come the girls' or 'walk this way' or something equally as tongue in cheek. Haven't even decided if it's going to be on CD, or a musician playing it. Better make some decisions soon . . . x
  • Ok, am i being really thick? I thought "here comes the bride" was pretty standard to walk down the isle and then the organist just played something standard when we exit the church. Are we supposed to be actually picking a song? I'm getting married in a church, does that make a difference or i have i just completely missed this aspect of wedding planning?
  • You can pretty much have anything now but some brides are still going for traditional "here comes the bride!".Im having Disney "When you wish upon a star" played by a harpist so excited im a mad disney fan! x
  • zoda84, i agree t love westlife 2. have you listened to there song I DO thats a lovely song get your H2B 2 have a listen x
  • I'm having 'Songbird' sung by All Angels. It's a really beautiful version.
  • ziggywigsziggywigs Posts: 1,435
    We're getting wed in a church but i'm walking down to All My Life by KCI and Jojo....the gospel choir will sing it for us!

It's a special tune for us both especially the chorus...

All My Life

I Prayed For Someone Like You

And I Thank God

That I..That I Finally Found You

All My Life

I Prayed For Someone Like You

And I Hope That You Feel The Same Way Too

Yes, I Pray That You Do Love Me Too

...as we're getting wed later in life it seems apt...i'm 47 he will be 33!
  • ziggywigsziggywigs Posts: 1,435
    duplicate....ooops

[Modified by: ziggywigs on November 18, 2009 12:33 AM]

• I'm having "somewhere over the rainbow" sung by Izrael Kamakiwowa (think that's how it's spelt!) He's amazing image
  • Im having Clair De Lune by Debussy ...... it gives me goosebumps when ever I hear it!! And according to my brother, I used to have a toy that played it as a kid..... how spooky!! x
  • we are having dark isle played on a violin

Hey popples82 i might have to steal that one for at some point thro the ceremony as the tune is so pretty have you heard it played on the harp yet?

• We are having a civil ceremony and have to choose music for guests to be seated too, me to walk down the aisle to, signing the register and walking out together too....

Havent decided which tune fits where....but think I will walk down the aisle to either 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' the Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version (loved it when heard in the film 50 First dates!) or 'Waiting for my real life to begin' by Colin Hay
  • We are also having somewhere over the rainbow - its so beautiful!
  • pinar123pinar123 Posts: 122
    ziggywigg im having kaci and jojo 2, i love that song. but im just having the tune, no singing.
  • I'm walking down to Cascada - Everytime we touch - a slow version,

The guests are being seated to Eva Cassidy Songbird and You take my breath away,

Signing the register to Shania Twain - From t5his moment and leaving the ceremony to Queen - Don't stop me now!
  • MrsStay2bMrsStay2b Posts: 502
    I'm having Adele-make you feel my love. Love that song and just feels perfect for our wedding
  • If Ye Love Me by Thomas Tallis!

• Lisa226Lisa226 Posts: 127

We are marrying in Sorrento next May and having a civil ceremony. I have chosen Norah Jones come away with me.  Good luck everyone and enjoy your day :)

• Fiona98Fiona98 Posts: 406 New bride

I like the vitamin string quartet version of fellowship of the ring. I love the tune. Though I haven't decided on anything yet. My partner suggested the imperial March from star wars but I said no lol. 

We are massive geeks so it could end up big a song from doctor who. Haha

• MrsHall2bMrsHall2b Posts: 51

Somw beautifil selections here.

We are having Make Me Whole by Amel Larrieux.

It's such a beautifully calm song and it''s always reminded me of him... even way before we were engaged. The lyrics always make me so emotional