Help needed with present for my father

Hi ladies here is my problem, my dad used to be in a skiffle band when he was in his teens (he is now 65) They had a couple of records out that did go on sale to the public, They weren't famous and unfortunately my dad doesn't have a copy of the record he was on. I want to try and find a copy of the record and get him one as his present. I have asked my mum and she doesn't know anyone who has a copy of it, can't quiz my dad too much as i want it to be a surprise. My mum doesn't know much about the band members that are still alive so i couldn't really contact them.

I have tried a search on the internet but can't find anything for the band. If anyone has any suggestions as to what i could try next they would be greatly appreciated. xxx

• NikNiksNikNiks Posts: 736
    hi ya, I would try old record shops that sell vinyl (ie not HMV!) or this site here says they can find old hard to find records... worth a shot... if you let us know the name of the band and record your looking for we can maybe help you look too?

http://www.vinylrecords.co.uk/
  • I'd happily help you look hun if you give us a few more details, have you tried Ebay? x
  • I'm happy to have a look too if needs be! xx
  • cluckyukcluckyuk Posts: 571
    Hi Hun, my mum used to work for a vinyl records shop, if you know the name of the band I can ask around for you, because alot of people who worked there, just bought a copy of everything incase it went big. x
  • cluckyukcluckyuk Posts: 571
    Hi Hun, my mum used to work for a vinyl records shop, if you know the name of the band I can ask around for you, because alot of people who worked there, just bought a copy of everything incase it went big. x
  • Thank you so much ladies for your offer of help, the bands name was The Imps and the record my dad was on was called Dim, Dumb, Blond Not very politically correct ha ha. Nikniks I will try old record shops and that website, thanks. xx
  • Hi symondstobe,

Not sure how helpful this will be butwe used to have an independent record shop in High Wycombe that I would always go to source obscure records from backin the day, and if it was possible they would invariable find what i wanted and track it down and order for me.

The shop closed about 5 years ago but they are still trading online, had a quick look and couldnt find it in their catalogue, but here is a link to their contact details.

http://www.gemm.com/c/search.pl?&table=sellers&seller=GMV89936&view=CONTACT

I think it might be worth dropping them a line as they may have agood idea of whether it can be found!!

Good luck! x

• Hi Louise, OMG i can't believe this, my dad's name is Norman Rogerson. He was in the band just before they got signed. His dad would not let him be in the band as they were doing the pub/club circuit and my dad has asthma so grandad didn't want that affecting him. My poor dad was gutted. I have been searching since last year and even tried parlaphone and EMI records but they couldn't or wouldn't help.
  • ADELE 

I have just listed this record on ebay if you are still looking for it!  - Good luck

Greg