October dresses

Come on 10/10 brides lets see your dresses image il post mine for a short while when H2B is no where to be seen.

I love this game hehe, 7 months tomorrow for me image

• shelleyf30shelleyf30 Posts: 3,971
    Come on 10/10 brides lets see your dresses image il post mine for a short while when H2B is no where to be seen.

I love this game hehe, 7 months tomorrow for me image
  • MrsSBM2BMrsSBM2B Posts: 129
    Me too. I've chosen my dress i just have to go back and be measured before the order can go in
    here it is...

www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=JSM1240
  • WeddingMonsterWeddingMonster Posts: 2,098

Thats lovely wedding monster
  • lizzyp83lizzyp83 Posts: 139
    Any excuse to show mine off!! I love it so much, as I think it's a bit different - larger gowns just didn't suit me at all...

http://ttp://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab84/lizzyp83/dress1.jpg?t=1267710043

Oops, sorry it's huge! I don't know how to resize them...

Here's the back...

Thats so elegant Lizzie.. beautiful x
    Aww, thanks Shelley! Elegant was the look I was going for! It's so comfy too!

Yours is amazing - I love the pick ups aroung the skirt. What colour are you having it in? I just can't stop myself looking at other people's dresses - there are so many fabulous ones out there!

So in less than 7 months you'll be a married?! Our date is 16th Oct, so only just over 7 months for us - I just can't wait! My main problem at the moment is trying to get bridesmaid dresses - I don't want to spend a fortune so want them from the high street but my two bridesmaids are very different sizes/shapes and live 400-ish miles apart! A bit difficult for shopping...!

How organised are you about everything? Getting things sorted nicely?

Xx
    LOL im the same cant stop sneaking peps at it and love seeing other peoples dresses and addicted to love stories & this siteimage

My dress is Diamond white, its amazing i cant stop smiling when i think about it. let alone the rest of the parade which is all for.... well.... ME image haha

scary hey! not that much time when you think about what needs to be done, all is going well thanks, got grooms suits last week, OMG i wanted to drag him out the shop and take him home. i cant wait the more organising that i do the more excited i get.

What colours are you having on there dresses, il help you look image there has to be a way, what sizes are they and whats your budget??

we'l all get there

have you got your email button active?

x x
    We're 10/10/10 ordered BM dresses a few weeks ago in red to match the red embroidery on my gown.

My BMs live a fair distance apart but we agreed a date we would all meet and had to choose them that day, we had a brilliant day had lunch shopped it was amazing!
  • misssparrowmisssparrow Posts: 694
    This is mine! Appologised in advance if the picture is massive x image

[Modified by: MissSparrow on March 05, 2010 08:50 AM]

Miss Sparrow - I can't see your pic?

Wedding monster - I want red dresses too - what did you go for? Can you post a pic? That will look lovely with the trim on your dress - I love it when things match image

Yeah, I'm going to have to arrange a meet up of the two bridesmaids - they've not even met yet! I think it will have to be a weekend in London (one lives there), but at the moment I haven't seen any dresses I like on the high street for us to meet up and try! And, to make things more awkward, my other BM is actually from Australia so is going back there for a few weeks soon! But we still have plenty of time!

Shelley - thanks for the offer of help - if you see any short (knee/cocktil length) red dresses out there, let me know! I had found some lovely prom style strapless satin ones, but one BM really doesn't like strapless unfortunately. One BM is a size 12 and quite busty, and one is size 8 with not much in the boob department! We will get there though! What sort of suit has your h2b gone for? A classic lounge suit or the full shebang morning suit with tails etc?? Are you hiring for the whole bridal party or is he buying his own?

So tell me some more details about your weddings girls.. church or civil ceremony? Where abouts will they be? Any fantastic little ideas that you have got to make the day extra special etc?

(I think I should use the October brides thread more - things can sometimes get a little, ahem, 'heated' in general chat! And I guess there's fewer peope on this one, so can get to know people a bit better!)

Xx

PS Oops, sorry that's a huge post!!
  • misssparrowmisssparrow Posts: 694
    Third time lucky!
    Ah, I see it now, another gorgeous one with pickups around the skirt - it's lovely! I tried something similar on, but it just didn't suit me at all....

What date in Oct are you getting married?
  • AliStarAliStar Posts: 16
    http://www.ianstuart-bride.com/docs/5.param_dress_seville.html This is my dress... 9th October 2010... feels so soooooon. Cannot wait! hee hee
    Miss Sparrow & Alistar your dresses are amazing! how exciting!

Lizzie, we have gone for Claret as well, when i took my h2b to the suit shop they built a suit around the details, we chose a corvin?? i think it is they said its a comtempory style prince edward, shows more waistcoat, when she saw my dress she advised him wearing a silver waistcoat whihc looked lovely. he will wear silver cravet, other 6 men will wear claret cravat, oh my it looked stunning we went for a very dark like graphite grey suit, we have hired them £115 per suit all the extras

this is the waiscoat pattern, all together think James Bond gets married phooowwwww.....

whats the budget on your BM dresses hun?

Lizzie do you have an email address i have some stuff to show you
  • Miss sparrow mine is v similiar to yours! but mines not designer, I got it from ebay, it had been made by a dressmaker, Ilove it and can't wait to wear it! will try and get some pics next time I try it on so I can join in!
    Wow, Alistar, what a fantastically unusual dress! It's amazing!

Shelley, any help with BM dresses would be gratefully received - I've activated my email button now (I think!) I would like a more 'reddy' red than clret if that makes sense - am hoping to have orange and red flowers, very autumny. I am definitely not paying moe than £100 for BM dresses, so that rules out most the traditional BM dress makers like dessy, alfred angelo etc,m so that's why I'm thinking high street. Of course, the cheaper I can get them , the more other things (shoes, jewellery etc) I will be able to buy for my girls!

All the stuff you've got for the men sounds great - I really like the very dark grey suits as well - really stylish. The silver will look lovely with your dress too image And you got a good deal at that price!

Xx
    Oh bless thank you lizzie thats very sweet comment image

i have sent you an email, forgot to say by ordering the dresses bigger ad having them taken in will mean they will fit perfect and you make have enough material to make your big boobied friend a neck strap to attach onimage
  • Hi ladies!

Hopefully will have posted mine below.

x x
  • Yay! It worked! Am not having the shoulder strap thingys and am having it made into a sweetheart neckline. Also having it in champagne which is a really lovely warm goldy ivory x x
    Lovely dress mrsduffy! I love the corsages at the side image

When are you getting married?

Shelley, I've emailed you back

Xx
    Quoted:
    Wedding monster - I want red dresses too - what did you go for? Can you post a pic? That will look lovely with the trim on your dress - I love it when things match image

if you see any short (knee/cocktil length) red dresses out there, let me know! I had found some lovely prom style strapless satin ones, but one BM really doesn't like strapless unfortunately. One BM is a size 12 and quite busty, and one is size 8 with not much in the boob department!

So tell me some more details about your weddings girls.. church or civil ceremony? Where abouts will they be? Any fantastic little ideas that you have got to make the day extra special etc?

These are our dresses but in crimson with ivroy band. They are by Romantica called Frufru.

We have 4 BMs one a size 8/10 and about 5ft1 two about average height size 12s and one size 16 but with like GG boobs so we do have a mixed bunch. They tried on dozens of dresses and it was the one that suited them all and most strapless dresses come with detachable straps so our lady with larger boobs will have the straps added. They were £150 each.

We're actually having a civil partnership so a civil ceremony in a lovely tudor hotel local to us.

My parter is wearing this dress....

We're both having veils and tiaras.

We have a string quartet for the ceremony and a band for the evening. We are having our photocall in the local public castle park! image We are having an amazing 4 tier chocolate wrapped cake and a sweetie buffet! yumyumyum

Any excuse! here is me in my dress! image yay

Our venue! image

Our friend runs the hotel so we know we will be 100% looked after and taken care of on the day!
    Og, so you've seen each others' dresses??! Not too superstitious about that then??! I love the tiara - that;'s gorgeous! Really dainty! Those BM dresses are gorgeous!

I love the idea of photos in a park - some friends of mine who got married recently had their photos in the playpark - they were fantastic. There's a lovely one of them sitting in a wooden children's horse and cart thing, which they sent round as their thank you cards!

Xx
    Our local park has a roman castle in it and some lovely steps and covered walkways so weather permitting will make lovely photos.

Yes we have seen each others dresses needed to ensure they didn't clash, weren't the same one and that one was not so big that the other looked like a bridesmaid. We tried one combination on and with both our hoops we couldnt actually get close enough to hold hands LOL so it was really important as we wanted full wedding gowns that we tried them on to make sure they worked together.
  • euk1euk1 Posts: 2
    Shelleyh29

very biaytifyl youre dresse.........and yours weddingmonster......