staffordshire string quartet - anyone recommend??

Hi Girls

I'm looking for a string quartet to play at our wedding that's in Staffordshire, can anyone recommend any?

They don't have to be professional or anything just want them to create a lovely atmosphere when guests arrive and then during the signing of the register and for drinks after (it's an outdoor civil ceremony so they will just be in one area).

Thanks girls! xxx

• NowMrsR-HNowMrsR-H Posts: 280
    Hi,

What date are you getting married?

I am getting married in Rugeley on the 11th and we are using Nero (based in birmingham). We knocked them down to £500 for 4 hours.

I was also told to get in touch with local colleges and universities as they provide string quartets for events?

good luck

• Hey MsLashes

I'm not sure which part of Staffs you are in... We live in Trentham, however were getting married in Market Drayton, Shropshire and we have hired a string quartet from Manchester called Serenade...

http://www.serenadeweddingmusic.co.uk/

Obviously we haven't had our wedding yet, but I did much research into this and value for money and options these guys were by far the best out there! And the communication with them has been excellent, very very helpful and very prompt at answering questions and getting back to you..

Hope this helps you and you manage to find what your looking for..

Regards K x
  • Hi,

My name is Caroline. I am lead violin with the 'Classique String Quartet'. Please feel free to browse our website on www.classiques.org.uk. Prices are from £290 for 1 hour, £370 for 2 hours etc. We have played at numerous weddings in the past 6 years.

My email address is [email protected] My telephone is 01543 677978.

Best wishes for your wedding day!

Caroline
  • Hi there!

Just seen your post about needing a string quartet, do you still need one or am I bit late and you're already married? (If so CONGRATULATIONS) image

However if not I have a working string quartet who are well acquainted with the wedding circuit, the quartet is called 'A String Thing' filled with four young females who are looking to hopefully make your day a bit more special..

All the best,

Laura x
  • Hi all!

I too am looking for a string quartet for June 14, 2014 in Weeford Staffordshire. We'll probably require 3-4 hours, if you could email me with a quote that would be great: [email protected]

Thanks very much!