Forum home Archived I got married in 2010

Table Names

Hi

please help need table names

please help with cute names i have 12 tables ??

• Hi,

Ours will all be winter based, for example, frost, sparkle, ice, glisten, snow drop, winter, crystal, twinkle, diamond, snowflake etc..

I also heard of someone where they picked one person from each table to name the table after..for example if a close aunt was on a table you could name it after her.

• Well... We spent the last month trying to decide, so have lots of ideas!

The winner is Christmas Food + Drink. We love to eat and drink at Christmas! So have picked our 17 favourite Christmas foods and drinks (we have 17 tables eek) and we're going to write a little piece about when/why the item became traditional to have at Christmas. And on some of the tables, we're naming it after the person who makes it / provides it in our families.

Top Table is Turkey + All the Trimmings! Other tables include: Mulled Wine, Sarah's Christmas Cake, Pigs in Blankets, Pat's Chocolate Log, Port, Candy Canes, Brussell Sprouts (I love them!) etc etc.

Other ideas we had were: Christmas Number Ones (with photo of album cover), Christmas Films (with picture of promotional poster), and Places We've Been Together (with a photo of that place at Christmas time).

Hope that inspires you!
  • How about 12 days of xmas - five gold rings, 4 calling birds etc!

or xmas characters, frosty the snowman, rudolph, santa ....

xxxxx
  • thanks cxc
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I would go for each of the reindeer

plus rudolph and Santa if you need another one
  • I have finally decided on all my xmas songs as table names, it was a toss up of that or xmas films. I am going to print out a picture of the record/cd (have found all these on Google images)and just put a fact about the song and what number it got to in the charts...probably too much info and no-one is going to even bother but makes me happy. Also like the 12 days of xmas esp if you have 12 tables xx
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    We have kit cars as my OH chairman of a club so will have the names and facts about the cards, luckily the names are things like Mojo, Riot, Striker, Jester so no problem with them
  • we are having orginal records of 7 songs from the 50's as our invites were records. image x
  • Hi

We have nine tables and have gone for reindeers names, such as donner, blitzen, rudolf and we are sitting at the sleigh. All ties in with my reindeer theme, and real reindeers at the wedding, just static outside with a sleigh, the kids will love it.

• Mrs-L-2bMrs-L-2b Posts: 1,702
    Hi

We aren't having anything Christmas or winter related ~(although i do love some of the ideas on here, especially the food one!) - we are having the names of places we have been together on holiday and putting a little picture of us in that particular place.

• artaliceartalice Posts: 113
    we are going slightly different but romantic... we wanted christmasy things due to the time of year but wanted something original so we have gone through all of my chick flick films and love films and taken our favourite quotes and will have these are our table names - for example

???????I will love you my whole life. You and no other.???????

~ Braveheart

I'm a just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her"???????

Notting hill

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.???????

Shaw Shank Redemption

You are what I never knew I always wanted ???????

~Fools Rush In

• We are having christmas films like Love actually (top table) Its a wonderful life, elf, miracle on 34th street etc We are putting the DVD on the table so everyone can see it
  • We're having places we've both lived, both separately and together. It feels like our 'journey' so to speak. And our top table is naturally where we live now image
  • Hi girls!

I love your ideas! I'm struggling with this!

Thinking....either

Places where new year is celebrated and facts about them

Or

me and fiance are obsessed with 'friends' so were thinking maybe having tables with names like friends episode titles like they do like 'the one where.....' - 'the one where Laura and Martin travelled round europe' (and maybe some bits about that...?) and do it in the friends style writing.... Not sure if everyone will get it though....

Hmmmmm