Forum home Archived I got married in 2010

First Dance...again

Hi,

I know there have been loads of threads about this in the past but we are totally stuck. Have been through all the usuals and there are loads we really like but havent found "the one".

Anyone have different ideas for first dance, perhaps a christmassy or wintery song, something beautiful, romantic and different??

xx

• Hi, were getting married in December, not that this has any bearing on our song but I thought I would tell you anyway. We are having "We have all the time in the world" and instead of it being played via CD etc our singer is learning it. It's a lovely romantic song x
  • Hi, we've got a Rat Pack style band and he's singing 'The Way You Look Tonight', which I absolutely love!
  • We are having "Tinchy Stryder - Never Leave You" unusual but sweet.
  • We are having five for fighting- Superman very strange for first dance but we love it

• We are having Eric Clapton- Wonderful tonight
  • Ellie Goulding is releasing a version of Elton John's "Your Song" which I think sounds a little Christmassy... If you've not heard it then it's on the new Christmas advert for John Lewis. x
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I am trying to talk H2B into the Pixie Lott version of The Real Things You to Me are Everything as a twist on well known song and a bit different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brGmjVk-acM
    Ok scrub that after 2 hours we finally agree on Rod Stewart - Have I told you lately
  • LMK2010LMK2010 Posts: 234
    Our first dance is to Alicia Keyes - Thats how much I love you.

Although i have found an accoustic version of Bruno Mars - Just the way you are and i Lurve it lots. xx
  • Ours is Pulp 'Something Changed'. It's funny, we listened to it together during the first few weeks when we were going out and we said then that if we ever got married we'd have it as our first dance. We never changed our mind image
    December Bride that is lovely you have a your song. And that is works for this.
  • we're having 'Something' by The Beatles image
  • Were having Michael Buble - Everything xxx
  • Lainey_DLainey_D Posts: 256
    December_Bride we are having "Everything" too. Our band are playing it. Having a friend who is a dance teacher help us a little as we both have 2 left feet and we need some kind of help to make it look like we are dancing and not falling over in a ball.

xxxxx