Forum home Archived I got married in 2010

flowers issue...

went to see my florist on saturday to find that her shop was empty and that she has done a runner... not answering the phone or anything - very annoyed!! although now i dont have time to worry about it i have to try and find a replacement...

is there anything that i could substitue for bouquets for me and the bridesmaids?? if i cant get silk ones made in time - i am hoping that some of you creative ladies can think of any ideas for us to carry than flowers... thanks xx

• where are you based?
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I would head to a local garden centre at the moment they have some fab feathers/ sparkles/ fake flowers etc. Or ring another florist and explain situation or go to a supermarket and see what their arrangements are like
  • GemszGemsz Posts: 148
    Oh no that's terrible!

My bouquet is jewellery, and bridesmaids have pomanders have you thought about those?

xx
  • Have you tried sarah's flowers, a friend got her wedding flowers from there and they were really nice, and very quick

http://www.sarahsflowers.co.uk/
  • artaliceartalice Posts: 113
    thanks ladies,

i am based just outside birmingham... having called all of the local flower shops 99% of them are closed or want an absolute fortune for the short notice and time of year... lol...

• we are using a lovely lady called Meryl from Black Cat Floral Design. they are based in Knutsford and Chester...give her a call you nevery know she may be able to help. She is NOT expensive but very good. tell her Mandy, Belle Epoque, 5th Dec 2010, recommended you if you want. tel no. 07966 843095
  • So sorry to hear that's happened. What did you have ordered with her, was it just bouquets or centrepieces too? Sure between us we can figure out how to solve it. xxx
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Forgot to ask what have you paid in way of deposit and how did you pay?

For centre pieces I would get some poinsettas for the middle of the table
  • I know how you feel cause for a couple of hours I thought the same thing had happend to me (turned out to be a whole crazy situation and it was ok in the end).

I think those furry muffler things are a cute alternative.