Almost 1 year on! anyone around? How we doing?

Hey October girls!

2 weeks til our first anniversary! anyone doing anything nice?

How have you all been? any babies?

So far we have moved back home, changed jobs, been to 6 other 5 other weddings image

• MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    Hey Shelley,

We're good. I miss our wedding. Wish we could do it all again this year! Can't wait for our anniversary, just wish I wasn't going to be so near to popping out a baby so I cold enjoy a nice meal a bit more, and a glass of wine! No babies yet, but he's on his way. Scary times! Exciting too of course. Not much other news from the year, apart from getting preggy in Feb. We've finished all the DIY on our house. But I'm just loving loving loving being married! image

Muchos love xxx
  • shelleyf30shelleyf30 Posts: 3,971
    Quoted:
    Hey Shelley,

We're good. I miss our wedding. Wish we could do it all again this year! Can't wait for our anniversary, just wish I wasn't going to be so near to popping out a baby so I cold enjoy a nice meal a bit more, and a glass of wine! No babies yet, but he's on his way. Scary times! Exciting too of course. Not much other news from the year, apart from getting preggy in Feb. We've finished all the DIY on our house. But I'm just loving loving loving being married!

Muchos love xxx

MIA!!!!

Muchas love right back at ya chick!

Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy!

Married life is great isn't it, i never thought it would be this good.

We have moved and are in that mammoth stage of decorating , due to this and changing jobs we have no major plans for 1st anniversary just yet, nothing majorly extravagant but it doesn't have to revolve around money, just being together and appreciate that

xxx
  • I'm still here too! And about to pop out baby number 1 tomorrow (c-section!!) Talk about a busy year, this time last year we were preparing for our weddings, this year a bubs on the way!! Not sure how we will be celebrating our first anniversary as I will still be recovering but I'm sure it will be wonderful whatever we do as we will have our little man with us too!!

Hope you're all good! xx
  • shelleyf30shelleyf30 Posts: 3,971
    Congratulations and good luck hunny! Im sure it will be amazing and i wish you a speedy recover xx
  • NikNiksNikNiks Posts: 736
    hey girls, its my anniversary today!!! cant believe the weather its gorgeous, this time last year was pouring rain and gales all day, still it was brilliant!! looking forward to a lovely meal at our fav restaurant tonight to celebrate... wont be drinking tho as we are 6 months pregnant with our first bubba, little boy due on 5 Jan... spent last two weeks sorting out the nursery, not finished yet as bigger job than we thought but getting there.

Congrats on the baby news mia and nowmrssh, hope ur csection went ok and u and baby doing well .

Hope everyone else is well too and congratulations on your anniversaries as they arrive this month

lots of love

niks xxx
  • MrsKIrwinMrsKIrwin Posts: 400
    Hi ladies I really miss all the planning. We've planned a short stay in York for our anniversary. Just want to relax and enjoy the place. We're 14 weeks pregnant so no drinking for me either. Have to wait until march to meet our baby.
    Yay lots of babies image Love and congratulations to all and Happy Anniversary for my date twins image

(Tomorrow really but we're making a weekend of it, as much as I can heavily pregnant!)
  • Hi i still pop in, its my anniversary on the 29th. And i have been very busy this year, had by baby boy Alfie in september.

Hope everybody is well x
  • cluckyukcluckyuk Posts: 571
    Hello Everyone,

Can't believe it's been so long, I was thinking of you all on my anniversary, wondering what everyone is getting up to.

Huge Congratulations on all the babies and moving, times are hard for us since getting married, my hubbie lost his way of income, and just as he's found a part time job, I was made redundant a week ago.

Bit stressful at the moment. image

Apart from that on the relationship side we couldn't be happier, I can't believe how long it took me to get used to NOT planning a wedding, I didn't know what to do with my time, and missed all the regular get togethers we had to have with bridesmaids and my mum, and when life went back to normal we didn't HAVE to meet up so it slipped a little, on the plus side one of my bridesmaids was an old friend, and since the wedding, we couldn't be closer which is fantastic.

Has the wedding changed anyone's relationships, with partner or family/friends or is it just me?

I'm so broody it's unbearable at the moment, but we are waiting to sort jobs and money out first. So happy for everyone.

XXX
    Bad luck clucky about your jobs, what a shame and how frustrating! I had the post wedding blues for a while too.

The only thing I think that's changed about our relationship is that we're closer. And I didn't think that would ever be possible. And I love it image xx
  • nicolac34nicolac34 Posts: 738
    Hi everyone!

Haven't been on this site in ages, but I thought today - being our 1 year anniversary - I'd see if anyone was still around!

I can't believe how many babies there have been/are on the way! Congratulations to you all image

Lots has been happening for us too, hubby lost his job again in April which was devestating - but quickly turned into a new opportunity.... we decided to sell up (everything!) hand over the cat temporarily to my parents and hop on a plane to Australia!

So since the end of June we've been living in Perth, WA - enjoying the sunshine and saving our socks off. The plan is to be here until May next year at which point we'll come back to the UK for a wedding (our best man's - hubby is his best man) and then go on the Round The World Adventure!

We are doing 1 month in America, 1 month in New Zealand, back to Australia for 2 months, 1 month in Vietnam and 3 weeks in India before plopping back in the UK to move back to Yorkshire and buy a house and have some babies! image

It's all very exciting!

xxx
  • Hello everyone!

I'm really late but I hope everyone had a fantastic wedding anniversary, I can't believe where the last year has gone (let alone the last month!). So good to read so many babies stories and everyone is doing well! Copngratulations to all the expecting and new mothers!

Cluck, so sorry to hear about you and your husbands jobs, I hope new and better oportunities are just around the corner.

Niks congrates on the expected arrival image January is the BEST month to be born, not that i am biased image

Nic, sounds like you are having a fantastic time travelling, i am VERY jealous, I hope you have a brilliant time and enjoy every minute. My best mate is over in Oz at the moment and she is loving it.

No exciting news from us, just plodding along with each other image although time is going mega quick. No babies for us, although people have been asking and giving not so subtle hints image but we are a good few years off that as yet. My brothers getting married in Spring so i'm still getting my wedding fix from hearing all about his at the moment, wedding rehab for me next year image
  • BLK BrideBLK Bride Posts: 6

I know it's ages since our first anniversary but my computer was playing up so I couldn't post anything for literally months image. How is everyone???? No exciting news from us except that we are going back to South Africa in October this year - very likely around our 2nd anniversary - I'm secretly hoping hubby will surprise me and take me back to our wedding venue - we look at the photos so often.  I can't quite believe that was me - it all seems like a dream now....