Forum home Archived I got married in 2010

OMG OMG OMG SO EXCITED HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

well today ive been to look for bridesmaid dresses and my own and im so so so excited ive found everything in one shop (tickled pink in doncaster) its amazing they were so helpful god i cant get the smile off my face hehe. my MOH is wearing raylia,

http://www.rayliadesigns.com/detail.php?id=286

it doesnt look much on the pic but its in pink ivory and gold, its gorgeous absolutely stunning with lace up back hehe. my two little flower girls are goin to be in soft pink big dresses they look amazin woo

and mine is by my lady its actually advertised on the main screen the only one with a halterneck i cant believe how nice it is my mum actually cried which set me and my MOH off hehe the only sane one in there was my 3 year old daughter we were all so giddy lookin through the dresses i have absolutely loved my day today.

http://www.rayliadesigns.com/detail.php?id=286

anyway when i register on the site i can view the dresses so once its done ill try find a pic god im so excited anyway let me know what u think hehe im goin to pay my deposit 2mo hehe xx;\)

• LOVEBUGukLOVEBUGuk Posts: 73
    Hey that dress is gorgeous for the bridesmaids image i cant wait to go dress shopping its all just soooo exciting is'nt it image your soo lucky aswell to find your dress there aswell image
  • suzanne84uksuzanne84uk Posts: 320
    There lovely especially yours seeing all the dresses on here im wondering if i got the right one? image
  • allbcozofuallbcozofu Posts: 251
    i still havent stopped smiling did you get to see my dress on the my lady site its a bit crap u cant see the dresses straight away image i put the dress on twice in the shop it was the second i tried on and didnt want to take it off im in love love love hehe. i just wish it was 2mo now hehe xx
    waiting for a confirmation email image all the dresses look gorgeous already even though you can just see the top of them whats it like on the bottom half? i got my dress in the first shop i went in when and where u getting married?
    aww suzanne i bet your dress is gorgeous too. its so difficult to explain the whole thing theres swarovski crystals all over the bodice and on some of the skirt its the same pattern type thing, its a full skirt but rouched at the top its got no train which i love as i know i would wreck it hehe. the bodice its self is a lil seethrough i kno that sounds wierd but its so gorgeous, were goin to look at cedar court in harrogate on sunday and wood hall 2mo night but im thinking now ive paid so much for my dress that i may have to budget on the venue ie wood hall would be a lot more expensive i think. xxx
    do you get the matching necklace too?

i bet its lovely the whole dress, ive seen a dress a while ago i liked and that had a see through lacey kinda top is it really expensive dont mean to be cheeky just wondered with all the crystals image
    oooh good thinking i dont think i would actually but my mum asked what jewellry i was thinking of so i might see if i could buy it direct then i know it would match hehe good thinking, whats your dress like then hun and what date r u getting wed? xx
    wood hall looks gorgeous i had a quick nosey hope u dont mind
    hehe not at all hun well your gonna gasp in horror like i did lmao. they are selling the dress off so full price the bodice was £3500 and the skirt £1500 but as they were selling it off i got them both for £1900 bear in mind i only bloody budgetted £1000 for my dress, but when a dress makes ur mam cry and MOH it has to be special, ive tried lots and lots of dresses on so this reaction was great. trust me when i say i dont have a massive budget etc, but as were only having approx 50 people there and can cut down on things elsewhere i thought why bloody not hehe i want to go back now to try it on again xxx
  • mrshampson2bemrshampson2be Posts: 1,690
    I love your MOH dress!!

We went to view Wood Hall - it is lovely and the views are amazing!! When you drive down the driveway, which is miles long, it just suddenly appears and it certainly has the 'wow' factor. The italian gardens are stunning too and would be great if you got a sunny day. Inside is very grand and traditional - The spa is lovely too but we realised we wouldnt really have time to enjoy it!

The bedrooms are really nicely finished but we thought a little pricy for our guests. The wedding coordinator we met was nice enough but she wasnt the friendliest we met.

You'll have to let us know what you think.
    i definitely will let you know were goin 2mo, we went to have a look at aldwark manor too and she seemed a lil unfriendly not major but made us feel a lil silly for what we wanted if you get me. so where is it your getting married? i think we may end up goin for cedar court in harrogate as the lady there has been nothing but fantastic when it comes to helping us out hehe xx
    mine is http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/thumbnails.html?c_album=8041509

i got it last year we were going to get married incyprus but i had another baby so its now on the 5th july at anvil hall

http://www.gretna-bride.co.uk/webcam/

keep thinking i want a different style dress now something more fitted and girly image but this is bought now think i need to try it on and realise i do still like it?hope h2b likes it also got put off as someone on here says it looks like sumet out of a period drama ! which it prob does. yours will be nice espec at that price image
    U thought of a date i know someone who makes cakes if you would like the number shes making mine

http://www.maisiefantaisie.co.uk/butterfly-wedding-cake.html

but alot cheaper and in ivory gold an taupe image
    didnt realise i was in the 2010 forum just saw ur post so i wb oops
    image i cant see ur dress i had a right do getting a pic on here the other day took me so many attemps lol i bet its gorgeous. anvil hall looks gorgeous are you having a big ceremony or just small like me? a lady was trying a dress on in the other room to me earlier and her dress was gorgeous just simple lots of lace, it looked like a vintage dress it was very unusual is yours big or fitted? xx
    hehe dont worry about it hun wish i was getting married this year image that cake is amazing that is very similar to what i want actually id probs go for loads of little diamante's instead of butterflies tho i think im goin a bit too bling on this wedding haha how much is your friend charging for the cake to be made it looks great xx
    We are having our reception at Woodlands - on the edge of Leeds

http://www.tomahawkhotels.co.uk/home.aspx?h=3

It was between there and Wood Hall - we really liked both of them and they both had different pros and cons!

Woodlands is absolutly beautiful, we really like it and Catherine, the wedding coordinator is amazing, very friendly and knows what shes on about!

Good luck tomorrow xx

ive tried again dont know if itl work im useless i think£300 ish thats how much my aunties was for a three tier, were just having 30 people i only wanted something small ;\)
    ooh that looks gorgeous think im goin to have to see how far away that one is hehe hopefully not too far image it makes it so much better when ur wedding coordinator knows what u want etc and makes u feel great about everything xx
    it does look really nice that image wheres abouts do you live?
    thank u mrshampson im getting excited about that place now too think im goin to ring her 2mo to see what she says. im not sure if i read it right but did you get an offer for the whole place including bedrooms for £5000? does that include food?

i live in doncaster me suzanne where do u live? im also only having a few people i dont see the point in having people there you dont normally see so whats the point now lol your dress looks gorgeous btw and dont u worry what ppl say on here its an individual thing and if you feel like a princess in it thats how u should feel. u look well tall hehe im a right midget at 5f4 image lmao gotta have about 4 inch off my dress hehe xx
    thank u mrshampson im getting excited about that place now too think im goin to ring her 2mo to see what she says. im not sure if i read it right but did you get an offer for the whole place including bedrooms for £5000? does that include food?

i live in doncaster me suzanne where do u live? im also only having a few people i dont see the point in having people there you dont normally see so whats the point now lol your dress looks gorgeous btw and dont u worry what ppl say on here its an individual thing and if you feel like a princess in it thats how u should feel. u look well tall hehe im a right midget at 5f4 image lmao gotta have about 4 inch off my dress hehe xx
    i live in hudersfield i was stood on a box in pics im only 5ft 2 image my auntie had familly from scotland etc! i wouldnt know any of them to invite them. i went to the racing college in doncaster a few years bk now b4 all the kiddies ! image
    hehe you'll be needing high shoes like me then hehe. how many kids u got? ive got a lil girl shes 3, bless her tried her lil dress on today she looks amazing lookily the shop actally makes these dresses as shes so tall for her age (didnt get this from me hehe) so what date do you get married then? ill be 25 by time i get married lol xxx
    on the 5th july h2b will be 24 a week b4 we tried his birthday but it was booked up and i wont be 24 til september. 3 children boy whos 4 a girl whos 1 and girl whos nearly 4months ! got preg again just after my other daughter thats y the wedding changed image but i dont mind now well av to go somewhere sunny one day to renew our vows
    Woodlands is great, we really like it. We live in Rawdon, Leeds.

We have been quoted £120 a person for 2010 - if you download the wedding borucher from the website it gives you all the details. Its quite near the motorway junction which was good for us as our families live in Manchester and Blackburn! Means that is easy for people to get home afterwards if they dont want to stay over.
    hehehe im soooooooooooo excited been to look at wood hall today and oh my god im in total love i was gobsmacked got greeted with champagne so imagine me i was over moon haha also ive been today to put my deposit on my dress and MOH flower girls etc i feel so good and more organised ive been a very busy girl hehe how have you days been ladies? xxx

ps mrshamson ill download that brochure now as ive still got 3 more venues to look at may aswel make it 4 hehe xx

bless 3 little babies suzanne im defo ready for another one me and h2b have been trying now for a few months hope this is the month if not think ill leave it till after wedding dont want to not fit in my beautiful dress hehe xx
  • jlbridejlbride Posts: 1
    Quoted:
    hehe not at all hun well your gonna gasp in horror like i did lmao. they are selling the dress off so full price the bodice was £3500 and the skirt £1500 but as they were selling it off i got them both for £1900 bear in mind i only bloody budgetted £1000 for my dress, but when a dress makes ur mam cry and MOH it has to be special, ive tried lots and lots of dresses on so this reaction was great. trust me when i say i dont have a massive budget etc, but as were only having approx 50 people there and can cut down on things elsewhere i thought why bloody not hehe i want to go back now to try it on again xxx

Hi, where did you purchase your dress?

Thanks so much and congrats!!!