Forum home Archived I got married in 2011

Wedding Music - Walking Down the Aisle

Hi Everyone,

Ive just been to my friends wedding (2 weeks ago) and ive become obsessed with wedding music and listening to songs that i want at my wedding, particulary songs to walk down the aisle to. My friend walked down the aisle to KC & Jo Jo 'All My Life' and it was absolutely beautiful. I have no idea what song i want to walk down the aisle to. I definately want a song with words as opposed to instrumental. Although i will have some instrumental at my wedding.

One song i absolutely love is 'Speechless' by Michael Jackson - the words in the song are lovely.

Has anyone thought about music yet?? image

• I am walking down the aisle to You Raise me Up by Westlife and we are walking out to Your my best friend by Queen
  • laura2288laura2288 Posts: 135
    I'm walking down to Eva Cassidy's Over the Rainbow.

xx
  • i really like Eva Cassidy 'Songbird' too.
  • I'm walking down to Cannon in D by Pachebel, by friend is going to play it on her guitar, we are walking out to somewhere over the rainbow, but the version by the hawaiian guy (I can't remember his name!!).

• MrsKBiggsMrsKBiggs Posts: 715
    Am going for a bit of classical too (used to play in an orchestra), probably Beethoven's 'Romance' - it's a lovely piece I've actually played, very mellow. Not sure about signing the register or walking out! One step at a time...
  • jlee1984jlee1984 Posts: 478
    i am having adele - make you feel my love!!! LUUUUUUUUUURVE thsi song!! x
  • My niece is singing 'Songbird' (Eva Cassidy), love it!
  • I'm walking down to an instrumental version of all i ask of you from phantom of the opera! No idea what I'm walking out to yet! Possible LOVE by Nat King Cole.
  • MrsKBiggsMrsKBiggs Posts: 715
    Have had another think about this and want to squeeze in 'all you need is love' by the Beatles - I loved them as a kid!! Plus my nana would approve. image

[Modified by: Kymbles on October 29, 2009 07:18 PM]

• inkiepixieinkiepixie Posts: 2,156
    We're entering to Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter image
  • Quoted:
    Have had another think about this and want to squeeze in 'all you need is love' by the Beatles - I loved them as a kid!! Plus my nana would approve. image

[Modified by: Kymbles on October 29, 2009 07:18 PM]

This was our second choice for walkin out, I love the way it starts quiet and builds up, h2b loves the beatles so we wil probs have it played at disco instead
  • I think i am going to have Etta James "at last"
  • I honestly can't stop listening to music spent 2.5 hours last night listening to soooo many songs on You Tube. I have officially become obssessed with trying to find a song to walk down the aisle too. i just haven't found a song that has struck me yet!! and i have been through lots. Me and my fiance do not have a special song so feel like i am starting from scratch and i am trying to search for a really special song that the words mean something to both of us. still searching but keep the ideas coming i love reading what ideas everyone has. xx
  • LadyFordLadyFord Posts: 551
    Hi!

We're having "With or Without You" for the Processional and "Beautiful Day" for the Recessional - both by U2 image

xxx.
  • Quoted:
    i am having adele - make you feel my love!!! LUUUUUUUUUURVE thsi song!! x

I'm OBSESSED with this song too! I want it in my wedding somewhere but not for walking down the aisle...

I'm thinking of a disney song - (I used to work in disney world) and some of the classics have been rerecorded and are beautiful... not sure yet though!
  • Quoted:
    I think i am going to have Etta James "at last"

Oh my god I'm also obsessed with this one... oooh decisions ....!
  • We are having gospel singers!!! They sound beautiful!!! x x
  • Quoted:
    We are having gospel singers!!! They sound beautiful!!! x x

I've looked into Gospel singers but found them very expensive. Can you tell me who ur using?
  • Its a choir based near Stratford, London, They are quiet expensive. Its £1000 plus traveling expenses.

My MIL2B is paying for this.
  • I am still searching for songs to walk down the aisle to, i definately want a song with words, just a few ideas tell me what you think:

• I love Eva cassidy and Jason Miraz...........not much help to you really lol, I'd probs go for Eva Cassidy
  • MrsAndoMrsAndo Posts: 623
    Not 100% sure but I do love somewhere over the rainbow (the Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version)... I didn't realise it was that popular!! It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it!

Our first dance will defo be a Phil Collins number and if we have a silly dance it'll be Mika (our personal joke) and father daugher song will be Luther Vandross dance with my father,

although I've heard another lovely one... Heartland I loved her first which is beautiful and appropriate!

May do karaoke with me dad though to something stupid by Frank and Nancy Sinatra!

Cor I know all the little details we're having, just not the big things lol!!

Happy song searching and sorry to go off track and start rambling... I do love my music though!!

I like the MJ song and the words are appropriate, love Jason Mraz... such a funky song and you'd have a beat to walk to lol! Eva Cassidy's songbird is just beautiful.For me it'd be out of the last 2 chick! Sorry I'm crap at decisions!

L -x-
  • We are having "the balcony scene" from the film romeo and juliet. It's instrumental and very pretty x
  • HannikinsHannikins Posts: 1,046
    I'm thinking of having either..

but without the trumpets!! or....

but I can't decide!!!

• I am thinking of using Cleo....Love was made for us...........the words are great and i love the beat,

This is the link...........

Let me know what you think?
  • oh my god, i love this song:

what do you think?
  • Really like Amazed by lonestar, will have it played but unsure when!!

• Miss Sunshine, love that song!!!
  • we're having a string quartet but they said they will learn new peices of music if we would like them to......I love lional richie and really want to walk up the isle to TRUELY so hopefully they can learn this song and it will sound amaizing fingers crossed. All your music ideas are fab....We're having all your need is love for when we sign the resister it sounds fab with the quartet playing it. xx
  • I'm getting married at christmas 2011 but I can't help spending hours on you tube looking for music (glad I'm not the only one ha ha) I'm torn between Canon in D major by the London Symphony Orchestra or the Carol of the Bells. Carol of the Bells is so dramatic and christmasey, I don't have a long walk down the aisle so I want something thats starts quickly. We are getting married and having our meal in a medieval vault so I'm planning on having classical/choir sung christmas songs as background music during the meal. I have a little list made up already xx