Forum home Archived I got married in 2011

Silly Question - does anyone know?

Hi Ladies

Yesterday we went to see the registrar and give our notice. While we were there she gave us a little book with vows and other information regarding the ceremony in it.

Anyway, I was thinking last night and it may just be me being a bit daft...do you sign the register in your maiden name or new married name? I didnt want to ask H2B or the registrar yesterday coz I didnt wanna look like an idiot! image

• Not so sure is a silly question? I have no idea either, !!
  • corbanatercorbanater Posts: 147
    oh my goodness...thats an extremely valid point!

I'll ask my married friends and if nobody's answered you by the time I know i'll pass on the information!
  • MissLodyMissLody Posts: 120
    Hello before,

I have heard this question before and you are meant to sign with your maiden name I've been told.

I've got the little booklet too, it does make you feel like it's getting close! image

• Hello

We had our rehearsal on Monday, and you sign in your maiden name. We have to write our full names, not using our signatures!! The witnesses use their actual signatures image

Hope this helps!!

xxx
  • emmaelcemmaelc Posts: 98
    Thanks mcweedon

Maybe it wasn't such a silly question then!! image

Having the little book does make it all seem very real and when I read the vows out loud to myself the other day the tears started! I'm going to be an emotional wreck on the day! 10 months today for me ..... image

• emmaelcemmaelc Posts: 98
    Thanks mcweedon

Maybe it wasn't such a silly question then!! image

Having the little book does make it all seem very real and when I read the vows out loud to myself the other day the tears started! I'm going to be an emotional wreck on the day! 10 months today for me ..... image

• PixenPixen Posts: 607
    I have notice a few weeks ago - didnt get a booklet - just a couple of A4 pages - just 2 different vows to use - have you got more choice then?
  • Hop11Hop11 Posts: 1,404
    Thats actually the kind of question I would of thought of after and then paniced about LOL.

We are going to give notice next week.....makes it suddenly seem all so real doesnt it, just making the appointment really hit home (specially as for us the documents all have to be done within 6 months of the wedding because abroad!

Eeeeeeeek its all so close now image
  • hiya

You sign the register in your single name, its the last time you sign it.

Bobi