Forum home Archived I got married in 2013

First 3 viewings done!

I'm so excited! My fianc???? and I went to see our first 3 venues today!

The first is a golf club with views over a beautiful lake with lots of room, but not so much room that you lose everyone! The wedding coordinator was fantastic and open to everything we said we wanted and emailed us 2 detailed quotes within 2 hours!

The second I was disappointed with as I'd booked an appointment with the wedding coordinator and a waitress showed us around, she was lovely but couldn't tell us any more info than I'd got from the brochure. Fianc???? now has his heart set on it so we will go to see it again.

The third was nothing like the website had portrayed it as! Garden 'feature' was tiny and it was on a main road with a car tuners behind it!

It's made things feel very real, can't wait to see more venues! Has anyone else seen venues this weekend?xxx

• Monk2bMonk2b Posts: 29
    Glad im not the only one getting married in 2013 and started looking - we have just booked our venue, but looked at loads first.
  • swongswong Posts: 306
    where are you looking? perhaps we can help with reviews?

xx
  • We're looking at the Solihull/cov area and north Wales. Were looking at another tomorrow and more Saturday image

Where are you getting married?xx
  • We are looking at 2013 too, going looking venues on sunday ah x
  • postscriptalexpostscriptalex Posts: 1,069
    we went to see two venues this week both are completely different. One is a grand jacobean house and is really ornate and the other is a funky gastropub - both are near where we live in South East London.

Although we liked the way the outside of the house looked it was bland inside and a bit unkempt - could have done with a lick of paint. Also as it is a publicly owned building people could walk in and out as they pleased so was a real dissapointment.

The gastropub on the other hand was absoloutely amazing - the atmospher, the decor everything was so cool! We are doing the sums this week and then will go back and book it as we both loved it image

It's called the Cambria and is in camberwell, south east london. Best thing was that it has big private beer garden for our BBQ, and the owners were really friendly and relaxed!

I just posted up in planning/receptions what our menu options will be - wanted to see what everyone thought about our ideas!

xxx