29th April?? xxx

im getting married 29th April anyone else? xxx

• We get married 29th April xxx
  • MRS H2BMRS H2B Posts: 324
    Hi Hun,

We are getting married on the 29th - how do you feel about being a royal twin? Were getting use to the idea - just hope the suppliers don't hike the prices!

• Hi girls,

We're getting married on the 29th too! I think it can only be a good omen that Wills and Kate have chosen that day too image I've already checked with our registrar about the price and thankfully that is staying the same. Can't be sure about the rest of it though. xxx
  • I get married 29th April too! Quite excited as long as it doesn't affect my plans!!
  • me as well i also checked the church hasnt upped the price and the other suppliers have not contacted me

My partner is in afghan at the moment and his regiment thinks its great Wills and Kate choose our day image
  • Me too !!!!!
  • Im getting married April 29th!!! I cant believe it only 8 weeks to go!!!!

image xx
  • pu55catpu55cat Posts: 2
    we are getting married on 29th as well - it seems so close now! When william and kate first announced their engagement and it was rumored to be april, we all joked about it being the same date - and then it was!! My fiances mum comically got me a royal engagement mug at christmas! Its funny as Kate and I used to work in the same restaurant in st andrews.....we must be linked! hope all other april brides planning is going well x
  • willsgirlwillsgirl Posts: 960
    We are only 53 days away ladies! How exciting! I'm marrying a William, and he has a brother called Harry! And i'm called Kelly, so not quite Kate, but still begins with K ha ha. I'm so excited xxx
  • Just wanted to say that my parents got married on 29th April 1978 and are still very happily married!!!
  • trayh1979trayh1979 Posts: 16
    cant believe its coming around so fastimage

have u got much more left to do?

Jay isnt back from afghan for anothern 3 weeks so cant wait for that, i saw on the news one couple getting married on our date got a free honeymoon lucky couple.We have alot of military at ours so the army are featuring us its a bit scary xx
  • We get married on the 29th April too, in Cyprus x
  • Still feel like I have lots to do. Doesn't seem close enough to contact suppliers to double check arrangements but also seems too close to be forgetting about doing that! Still waiting on a couple of rsvp's too. Lots of media interest and have featured in a couple of magazines which was fun! Nice keepsakes.
  • dellie138dellie138 Posts: 76
    We are getting fed up with the media contacting us with endless messages and emails getting all your details and then nothing....we have enough to do without pointless emails lol image
    I have to admit i was really annoyed one couple was given a free honeymoon cos they couldnt afford one. My partner is still in afghan and not home till 10 days before the wedding would be nice for the media to give him a feature and mention his regiments hard work over the last 7 months they have been in Afghan. he was interviwed by one paper for valentines and they gave a donation to the armys childrens charity so glad a chairty did benifit
  • 32 days to go now girls!!! The time is flying now...
  • 32 days to go now girls!! The time is flying now1 image image
    19 days to go its getting so excited, Jays now back from Afghan so doing last few bits, so fed up with hearing kate and Will now! esp everywhere you go there faces are on it cups, ttowels even kids tshirts!!

Cant believe its so so close xxx
    Now 18 days to go ladies! How exciting! xxx
  • Hi,

Are there any brides out there, who are getting married on the 29th April who live in the Oswestry/ Welshpool area? I work on a local paper and are we looking for any brides who want to say a little quote etc..

XX
  • Very exciting and daunting! We're on the Bbc webpage from this week onwards and we're waiting to hear from Channel 4 about a programme! Must get on and get the last bit of wedding stuff done though instead of writing blogs for all these media type people!! Still have a couple of gifts to get as more people have been generous to us in the last couple of weeks!! Also need to get some jewellery for me and make the table plan.

Has everyone else finished already or do you still have some things to do?
    I
    nikegirl we are waiting to hear from channel 4 too! Ha ha how random! We just got last bits to pay for and all sorted xxx
  • Willsgirl, did you have Emma film you or someone else? My H2b isn't too keen on doing these things as he is in a band which have done a couple of shows and he always feels like he comes across all wrong! He goes along with it to keep me happy!! I keep thinking if we have media as well as our own photography at the wedding, then I have more chance of getting a nice photo!!!

I'm sure other people won't be that interested just cos they chose the same date as us but I think all these little things make really nice keepsakes to look back on! Going to write the place cards tomorrow and my maid of honour is on task with the table plan so I should be able to relax soon! My auntie arrives from Gibraltar tomorrow so that's exciting and then my hen night on Saturday.
  • 2 weeks today!!! i cant believe it!! SO excited now!

I too have heard from the Fern Britton show but i doubt we will take part, my h2b cant take the time off work and to be honest im not all that fussed.

I hope you ladies get on though!

• Getting really nervous now about things I can't control like the weather and people not turning up!! I've got my hen night tomorrow and my Auntie arrived yesterday so it is begining to feel real now!

Not heard from Fern or channel 4 yet but I'm not worried either. I still have to find some jewellery and get our son's sleeves taken up as he's such a tiny boy for 2 years old! He's already wearing a 1 year old suit and the arms are still too long!!

Not impressed that I might be coming down with a cold. Both children have had it and are getting over it but I think I'm on the verge of getting it now. Oh no!!

Anyone else already nervous or are you just excited at this point?!
  • I havnt stopped checking the weather reports!

We went to pay the final balance on the hotel last night and they really put us at ease, although im still worried someones not going to get a dinner! Im sure it will all be ok on the day though image fingers crossed!

Sounds like you need to dose yourself up, i always take Vit C when i feel im getting a cold.

Oh your son sounds SO cute! Im sure hes going to look gorgeous in his little outfit!

We have only got a flower girl and her mum got her dress, so ive not had to worry about taking things up.

Its mad thinking the wedding is only 2 weeks away, goodness knows what im going to do with myself afterwards!
  • mlalvesmlalves Posts: 1
    Hi girls

I know you all might have been contacted by journalists wanting to interview you about your wedding date being the same as the William and Kate`s. And, of course, you must be very busy preparing for your own Big Day.

But I write for an important Brazilian news website (R7.com) and would be really grateful if I could have a quick chat with some of you over the phone. It should take 10 minutes, max.

My email: [email protected]

Thank you

Maria
    8 days to go ladies!! I'm so excited! Been to buy my bridesmaid gifts today, just got a few last minute things to get next week!! EEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!! xxx
  • Ok so actually feeling really sick and having to force myself to eat! We are getting married tomorrow ladies!!!

Really hoping the rain won't affect things too badly and if anyone says "oh what a shame as it's been so nice lately" I may have to punch them!!!

Already had four people message us yesterday to say they can't come amymore! Arghh! Have managed to bump up two people from the evening but struggling to get hold of anyone else to fill the spaces. Also means the table plan is now wrong! But nevermind, hopefully that will be the end of the bad stuff and the rest of the wedding will go fine!!!

Good luck to you all tomorrow and I hope we all have the wedding of our dreams!!