Forum home Archived I got married in April 2014

under 8 weeks to go

wow have under 8 weeks to go and feeling so nervous.. when i think about the day i feel sick with nerves. I keep hearing people say about wedding nightmares they have leading upto the big day and im dreading these. dont feel i can talk about the wedding to friends as they give off the response like their not bothered :/ xxx

is anyone else feeling like this?

• I'm 8 weeks today (so just a few days after you) and I had a spell of dreams a couple of weeks ago. At first I had a dream where it was 5 minutes until leaving time and I hadn't even done my hair. In reality, I'm happy enough with my natural style that I'd just leave it. The last one I had, things weren't going right and I was all "nevermind, we'll do this instead" so I think my subconcious has come to terms with everything because I've not had any since. Mr H was a bit concerned that I was contingency planning in my sleep!

What's worrying you about the big day? Would it help to list your worried and plan how to handle them? Or just decide what about the day is most important to you and focus of that bit. Remember - The day doesn't have to go perfectly for it to be your perfect day. Focus on what you're really excited about - marrying your man! And try not to worry too much x

• I get married in just under 8 weeks and other than having a few wobbles about what I've got left to do, I'm feeling okay (for now!) How about trying to have wedding free days, where you just don't think about it? And if it doesn't go exactly to plan on your big day, how much do you think everyone else will notice? They will all be having a fab time as long as they see you two get married and there's some cake and booze! 

• ReeRee Posts: 119

I feel the same. Im 6 weeks on Saturday (5th April) and have been having a couple of nightmares. One was that I was on the way to the church and had no make up on! and I was trying to put eyeliner on in the back of the car and I actuallly had drawn two palm tree shapes across my eyes and eyebrows!

I am not feeling nervous about the day as such, but I just feel really anxious the whole time that I have so much to do. I hate when people constantly ask me about the wedding. I miss my old non wedding life! How bad is that. In an ideal world and if I could go back in time I would defo just head down to the registry office, get married and have a dinner with my close friends and family. And then probably live to regret it ...

I just want the wedding to be here and over and us to go off on our honeymoon.

Its really stressing me out.

Youre defo not alone! xxx

• Stephb1986Stephb1986 Posts: 2,536

Ree me and you are date twins yay!! 

I've had the non make up dream too where the make up artist/hairdresser didn't turn up neither did my videographer or photographer thank god I woke up is all I can say!!

I'm not nervous as such about the wedding I'm more nervous about suppliers letting us down on the day that is my only stress. 

When I go to bed my mind races at a million miles an hour about what could go wrong. I lie there thinking I have an empty head I have an empty head, it works and I fall asleep image

Hope that helps image

Steph xx

• herstoryherstory Posts: 1,268

I have just under 10 weeks my weeding related stress level is starting to rise, I am also trying not to let myself get distracted by wedding worry at work, this would be easier if a colleague want getting married just weeks after me. We are having very different weddings but it's getting harder to not chat about our weddings to each other!

• Hi everyone, 'm trying to plan a guide on how to plan a wedding on a budget of $10,000. If you are currently engaged, can you please complete my survey? thank you!  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GFC5YXQ

• Hi everyone, 'm trying to plan a guide on how to plan a wedding on a budget of $10,000. If you are currently engaged, can you please complete my survey? thank you!  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GFC5YXQ

• MrsHandsomefordBear wrote (see)

What's worrying you about the big day? Would it help to list your worried and plan how to handle them? Or just decide what about the day is most important to you and focus of that bit. Remember - The day doesn't have to go perfectly for it to be your perfect day. Focus on what you're really excited about - marrying your man! And try not to worry too much x

Very good words!! Be positive huni all will be fine xx