Forum home Archived I got married in August 2011

26th August 2011

At last we finally have our August 2011 page! Do I have any date twins out there?!

• Me!!!

I'm sure we have 'spoke' before...not sure how many more of us there are!

How's the planning going? I'm a bit redundant now as all the main things are organised. We are getting married at Bartle Hall in Preston...so excited image

I'm off to the National Wedding Show in a few weeks hopefully get some bits and bobs there.
  • Hi!

At last, a date twin image

I've not really organised too much yet, got the venue and registrar sorted and booked my chair covers, but thats about it so far!

We're getting married at the Holiday Inn Leeds/Bradford in Tong Village.

I'm going to a wedding fayre their next week, I love seeing my venue all dressed for a wedding!

Have you got your honeymoon sorted?
  • We're not going on a 'proper' honeymoon. We have 3 kiddies and I don't think I could leave them for any amount of time. We have planned to go to Florida in April 2012 with them and we are going up to the Lakes for a couple of nights after the wedding just the 2 of us.

What are your plans? x
  • hi, i am also a 26/8/2011 bride to be, we're getting married in Kent. I have done nothing except book a venue since we got engaged at christmas and after being taken to a wedding fayre by my 2 best friends have been scared into action by the wedding dress stalls - apprently am leaving it very late! have you got your dress yet? i am starting to look this weekend. Also have you a honeymoon destination in mind? we are finding august quite awkward with hurricane and monsoon seasons at this time, so are looking for some european inspiration? xx
  • MrsMac-FMrsMac-F Posts: 959
    Hi girls!

We're going to Mexico for 2 weeks 4 days after we get married. It took me a while to decide what to do as I have a 6 year old son (who will be 7 when we get married) and I ummed and ahhhed for a few weeks over wether to have a proper honeymoon or wether to go somewhere as a family and in the end it was my mum who made the decision for me by telling me that she was more than willing to look after my sone for 2 weeks and that she had spoke to him about it and he was fine with it! It will be mine and my OH's first holiday together without Jack, so while I am really excited about it, I am also worried about the amount I will miss him already!

lou-d2b - How about Egypt? It never rains, has fantastic weather and is a brilliant country to visit, and has fantastic hotels! I have been 5 times and I love it!

Or Turkey? Again, another favourite of mine! I have been going for 12 years and I never get bored of it! Both places have lovely weather at that time of year, and have lots of places to visit if thats what you like doing.
  • Hi lou-d2b,

I have ordered my dress. To be honest it was one of the first things I did as i got so excited!!! My dress will come into the shop around Christmas and I can't wait to see it again...I think I love it more than H2B image

Have fun shopping!!!

xx
    I haven't got my dress yet. I first started looking back in April and I've been to 3 shops so far. I'm going back to the first shop in a coupe of weeks as it was by far the best. I am a size 16, and it only stocks samples in a 16 or above, so there was notrying to squeeze into size 10's and 12's which was great! Most of them were too big so had to be pinned! I tried on about 15 dresses there and found one that I loved, but they got about 30 new samples in last month, so I want to try on some of those too before I make my decision!
  • MrsMJH2bMrsMJH2b Posts: 118
    Sorry to butt in ;adies but I'm a date twin too! Whoop - I keep thinking of things I want to do and sort but I don;t want all the planning to be over too soon. H2B thinks it's funny me trying to drag everything out but I'm loving it.

Venue, photographer, registrar all booked so mostly just the nice things to do nnow....not that venue hunting wans't nice but you know waht I mean image

Happy count down!

xx
    ps - dress shopping next weekend....sooooo excited!

I've just booked an appointment at a dress shop for October 23rd, I can't wait!
    Calico - how did your dress shopping go? I had one disastrous shop, one great shop but no great dress and then found me dress in the last shop we went in! I totally wasn't expecting to find it on our first outing but I soon realised I had a pretty good idea of exactly what I wanted when we started looking and found it, in the desginer I wanted and everything.

My mum, step mum and 2 sisters are coming down this weekend to see what I've chosen then I can get it ordered.

I just booked our honeymoon too after all the umm and ahhing about mexico, we got a really good deal on the el dorado royale which looks amazing. I'm loving doing all the ulta nice bits image

hope all's good with you!

Hi!

I got my dress when I went shopping on the 23rd too!

It's totally differant to the first one that I fell in love with, but as soon as I put it on I didn't want to take it off! I just can't wait til mine comes in in March/April, I want to be able to try it on in my size (the one I tried on was 3-4 sizes too big)

Which dress is it?

Mine is Sonsie by Veromia 91019 in rum pink! It's such a gorgeous colour! They had a pic of it on the dress shops website in ivory and I hated it, but in pink it's just beautiful!

Thats so exciting about booking your honeymoon too! What date do you go on? We go on August 30th.
    I went for Maggie Sottero Clarissa image I love it so much! I'm going tomorrow to show my mum etc and can't wait to put it on again even though it's the wrong colour and baout 2 sizes too small image

We go on honeymoon on the 28th so only 2 days after the wedding. it's from London too so we'll have to come home late on the saturday from chester, get our stuff together then drive down to london on the sunday - it'll probably still all be a blur but at least we get to spend some extra time with family on the saturday and we don;t have to rush off which is nice. We wanted to go from the 29th but the flights didn't work.

Aw, you dress is so pretty! I love the layering at the bottom. I also love how they put you in them and it pulls everything in....although it's going to take one of my stronger friends to get me in mine....I want it as tight as it can be, at least until the wedding breakfast anyway image
  • Hello ladies - another date twin here!!

I have booked my honeymoon, going to Kenya! Seems like it's quite a good time to go there weatherwise so an option to consider for anyone who hasn't booked yet. We go on the 30th - 2 weeks all inclusive in a lovely resort in Mombassa, then going to book a 2/3 day safari separately.

I can't wait till Jan so I can say "I'm getting married this year!"image
    Honeybee1981 - I'm exactly the same, not long now image
  • Hi. I'm 26 August as well and can't believe how quickly time has passed since we booked in April.

We've got a fair bit done now, next jobs will be to go to the florist & looking for suits.

How are all your plans coming along??
    My planning seems to have come to a bit of a standstill since I got my dress! I haven't done anything else at all.

I'm starting to panic a bit now as I still have loads to do and time is ticking away, but I just can't seem to get the motivation to get planning again.
    Hi calico - how's it going? I had a bit of a flurry just after new year so we've just booked the dj and florist image

we had a meeting with the venue too and found out they want pretty much confirmed numbers 3 months before the wedding so invites need to go out sooner than we thought! when are you sendning yours out? we're only just looking at samples this weekend so might need to get a bit of a wriggle on image

hope all's going well - this years going to fats already!!!

xx
    Hi calico - how's it going? I had a bit of a flurry just after new year so we've just booked the dj and florist image

we had a meeting with the venue too and found out they want pretty much confirmed numbers 3 months before the wedding so invites need to go out sooner than we thought! when are you sendning yours out? we're only just looking at samples this weekend so might need to get a bit of a wriggle on image

hope all's going well - this years going to fats already!!!

xx
    Hi!

Well, we got my H2B's wedding ring yesterday, so that's something else crossed off the to do list. We also ordered a ring into the shop that I liked when I looked online, but they had just sold the only one they had in the day before, typical! Hopefully that will come in on thursday or friday of this week, so I can go and try it on at the weekend.

I'm looking for underwear at the moment, but I'm having no luck at all, it seems to be a bride you have to have small boobs image I'm a 38f and a size 16-18, and it is an absolute nightmare. I tried a fantastic corset on when I bought my wedding dress, but it looked far too functional and not sexy or even remotley pretty! If I'm speng £50-60 on some underwear, I want to look good in it!

I've hardly even thought about my invites yet! Our venue don't need to know numbers til about 6 weeks before as we aren't having a sit down meal, so I think we will probably send the invites out mid-May, as hopefully it will mean we will have a pretty good idea of numbers by mid-July.

This year is going far too fast, I can't believe it's nearly February already!
  • I really want to get my invites out ASAP, so excited about that bit, but don't want to do it TOO soon so that when people get them they think I'm an absolute lunatic!!
    I know what you mean. My sister is getting married on May 7th, so we've decided to send them out a week or two after that.
  • I ordered my invitations online and they arrived yesterday!!! Think we are going to send them out some time in March and have put an RSVP date of 1st June on. I know that probably seems really early to most people but a) I'm a control freak, and I couldn't bear the thought of not knowing who's coming until a few weeks before the wedding and b) we're hoping to bump up people who are currently "evening only" if some day people decline, so we need to factor in time to send a second wave of invites!

I can't wait to start writing them now, makes it all feel so real!
  • Hello!

I'm another 26th August 2011 Bride to be!! I'm new to posting on forums! Hope this is right!!

How exciting, not long now girls image

Is any of you getting married in the North East?

I'm also having a Maggie Sottero - annalise image

Kirsty x
  • I'm new to here too and am a date twin image i'm getting married in hexham, cant wait!

Getting very excited now!!

Not long at all!
  • 6 months today girlies image

I've just been with my BM's to have their measurements taken for for their dresses...another thing ticked off the ever growing list!!!
    Hi all!!!

And welcome to the newbies!

Less than 6 months to go, time is flying by now!

I really need to pull my finger out and start making my invites, I want to send them out in 6-8 weeks. I've also got all my bags for the sweet table to decorate. I got some fantastic personlised stickers from ebay, they are gorgeous and only cost £11 including p&p.