My diy swarovski wedding shoes

So I finally finshed my actual wedding shoes and im really pleased with how they turned out.

• MaylanMaylan Posts: 9,604
    Ohhh!! Wonderful image!! So much work into them, they look fab!
  • love2shopuklove2shopuk Posts: 437
    Thanks Maylan. Glad you like them. Im actually thinking of doing a flat pair of sandals to wear whilst we are having photos and in the evening incase my feet start to hurt.

Our venue is quite country and I think our photographer is planning on doing some location shots near to our venue so want to be prepared.
  • Wow! How long did that take?
  • They look beautiful, well done image
  • misk33misk33 Posts: 61
    Hey just wanted you to know you did a fantastic job, your shoes look great..

Can I ask where you got your crystals from and how many did you use?? Kind of a daft question lol but i'm curious.

Any hoo, again fab job.
  • dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635
    Beautiful...well done i love them x
    Aw thanks!

I ordered the crystals from an ebay seller called bling.crystal

I ordered a mix of 4mm, 3mm and 2mm crystals. I ordered about 8000 crystals in total and I would guess that I used around 6000 in total roughly. The total cost of the crystals were just under £80 with postage and packaging but I didnt use all of them so it would prob work out to be about £50/£60 for a pair.

This was the cheapest seller of crystals with swarovski elements that I could find. I suppose it also depends on what type of shoes you have too.

My actual shoes cost £20 from ebay.

You can use cheaper rhinestones like I did in my trial pair. To do that it cost about £15. However you do notice the difference.

The glue that I used is Gemtack glue again you can get this from ebay. I did a pair over a couple of weekends and in the evening , once you get the hang of it I actually found the process quite relaxing lol!

The swarovski crystals are so sparkly they really catch the light which you can really see if you look at the strass shoes like the girls that do Louboutins on youtube. To see this and also to watch people strassing shoes just put strass louboutins in the search bar on youtube.

Hope this helps anyone who is going to attempt to do the same thing x
  • AmberlinnieAmberlinnie Posts: 508
    wow! Well done! I fancy having a go at doing a flat pair for the evening. I have Louboutins for the day but they will kill my feet by 7pm ha!

They look fantastic! xx
    Quoted:
    wow! Well done! I fancy having a go at doing a flat pair for the evening. I have Louboutins for the day but they will kill my feet by 7pm ha! They look fantastic! xx

You should - go for it! Yes Im worried about this too - Im one of these girls that are always moaning that there feet are hurting by the end of the night, but I just love high pretty shoes lol
  • Do you have a link for the seller you used on ebay? I looked for bling crystal but can't find them!
    Quoted:
    Do you have a link for the seller you used on ebay? I looked for bling crystal but can't find them!

Hi I just checkes and the sellar hassnt got any items for sale yet. If you check in a couple of days time there maybe some more for sale then.
  • Hi, For all of you who are into Nail art, designing cloth or just want to pimp their shoes image , you are invited to check out my eBay listing. I am selling Genuine SWAROVSKI Elements type:2058 glue fix color:rose(209) size: 3.2mm (SS12)

Great prices 
    3.92 for 24 crystals/pack
    4.6$ for 48 crystals/pack
    6$ for 72 crystals/pack
    |free shipping|. ~Joan Hill

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130968221672?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649