Forum home Archived I got married in August 2013

Losing Weight - Are you? How Much?

Wedding Date: Friday 2nd August 2013

Now, i have been going to Slimming world but I've majorly fallen off the food truck!! So I'm back on it proper this week.

I went dress shopping for the first time two weeks ago and i felt a bit deflated as I'm way too big for any of the samples. All of them had the back wide open and on my have my bum showing!! (It was ripped Im not that big!!)

I did have another appointment somewhere tomorrow but I've cancelled it so i can try to lose some weight, so that the dresses look nicer!

I want to get into a 14 at the biggest.

Is anyone else on a major weight loss campaign? i have about 3 stone i need to lose i reckon.

Anyone else want to keep a weekly check in here rather than on the main weightless board as it'll be easier to keep track of and as were all within a month of each other it should be a great help!!

• DollyBDollyB Posts: 1,763 New bride
    I'm on a weight loss and maintaining diet at the moment! I've lost about half a stone in the last few weeks, I'm hoping to loose a few more pounds, maybe another half a stone and then lots of maintaining, which I sometimes find harder than the original loosing!

I think weekly check in's are a good idea image

Are you on an exercise regime too or just dieting?
  • maisiecupcakemaisiecupcake Posts: 517
    I have decided to do something about my "baby weight" at last!

I would like to loose 2 stone but to loose 3 and get back to my pre baby weight would be amazing!!

I started trying the weight watchers program on monday just gone, i worked out my pro points budget i bought all weight watchers food so it had the point written on the pack. But yesterday i signed up to weight watchers on line and wow its so much easier now i have all the tools its easier to track my weight and work out the pro points on foods without that info on the packaging image

I feel confident i will do it this time and having ladies on here all determined to loose then that will make it even easier image

Good luck to you all, lets do it, lets look amazing in our beautiful dresses and make our husbands to be proud to call us their wife image
  • MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513
    Hi Ladies

Im not planning to lose much weight, just 1/2 - 1 stone, but i am a fitness fan and am happy to pass on my tips on good workouts and healthy eating!

Good luck ladies!!
  • Hello. I'm new to this forum. I'm also trying to lose weight for my Agust 2013 wedding. I'm currently 17st so i need to lose LOTS even though its hard for me to exercise as I have arthritis.

So i would love some exercise tips and healthy eating tips!

xx
  • ClarkieClarkie Posts: 586
    I'm 2nd August too!

Last summer I lost just over a stone and have been maintaining it since then but I would ideally like to loose another 1/2 stone or maybe even a stone. I have ordered my dress in a 12 and the sample fitted perfectly but I'm hoping that I might need to have it taken in come next year. I've been posting on the other thread but agree it might be easier to post on here with you August buddies. Had a bad weekend with a wedding and dinner out so will be interesting to see what Wednesday weigh in brings x
  • anon23anon23 Posts: 140
    TTCStickybean, I'm getting married in March 2013, at my heaviest a couple of years ago i was 15.5 stone but i'm down to about 13 now, I'd love to know if you have any suggestion of what to do as i seem stuck here! i wasnt to lose a couple of stone at least but am going through the motions of finding out whether ive got arthritis or not, its quite painful to do most things! have you any suggestions?!! I'm already eating carefully and need to up the exercise i think!
  • SparklesSparkles Posts: 377
    Hey ladies,

SO glad someone posted in here back to me!

I had my weigh in last night and I stayed the same, which i suppose isn't too bad.

I've bought a posh bike, and did 8miles last tuesday and 14miles on saturday. I'm doing Slimming World too as i mentioned, I'm going to a Body Pump class tomorrow lunchtime to see what thats like!

Oh and i bought a proper hiking/running backpack so that i can walk to the station from work, 2.2miles image

So, arm yes i suppose I'm trying to squeeze as much exercise as i can in. I work in London and commute by train 2hrs each way so time is somewhat limited when i get home, but the lighter nights really do make a difference!
    TTCStickybean, what sort of arthritis do you have? There are lots of excercises that you can do that are low impact.

A good way to keep on track is to keep a log of what you eat and all the excercise you do. When its all written down you can see where you are going wrong and whats working.

I have just come back from a weekend-long hen do, so i have got some catching up to do! , Fry ups and junk were lovely but i def feel heavier!
  • Quoted:
    Wedding Date: Friday 2nd August 2013

Now, i have been going to Slimming world but I've majorly fallen off the food truck!! So I'm back on it proper this week.

I went dress shopping for the first time two weeks ago and i felt a bit deflated as I'm way too big for any of the samples. All of them had the back wide open and on my have my bum showing!! (It was ripped Im not that big!!)

I did have another appointment somewhere tomorrow but I've cancelled it so i can try to lose some weight, so that the dresses look nicer!

I want to get into a 14 at the biggest.

Is anyone else on a major weight loss campaign? i have about 3 stone i need to lose i reckon.

Anyone else want to keep a weekly check in here rather than on the main weightless board as it'll be easier to keep track of and as were all within a month of each other it should be a great help!!

This is sooo like me! I get married on the 1st August 2013 (in Greece) and am also doing slimming world to try and shift the weight! I've already lost a stone and I need to lose another 2 - 2.5 stone. I have already bought my dress as I saw it in a sample sale for £200!! Couldn't resist! It will need alterations though - the top is too big (Even though I'm a DD!!) and the bottom half is too clingy at the moment! I'm sure it will look lovely when I've lost weight but I have a long way to go at the moment. I've also fallen off the slimming world wagon at the moment (eating a chinese from the takeaway at the moment!) but it's weigh day tomorrow so i want to get back on it properly. I'm a teacher and have just broken up for half term - I have 12 days off so I want to try and sort myself out in this time!

I'll deffo keep coming back to this thread to update! Good luck everyone!
    So ladies weighed in this morning at 10st 13 1/2lbs. Just keeping below that 11st mark at the moment but with a hen do coming up and a week off for half term I fully expect to gain next week x
    10stone 7 for me!

Did a 5k run this morning and just had a small bowl of special K for brekkie.

Two cups of tea with sugar tho - my downfall!
    Oh how i wish I could post my weight! I'm so ashamed of how much i weigh. Biggest Ive ever been.

To be in the 10's is a very far off aim!!

I had strawberries and grapefruit for breakfast, just had a spicy tomato mug shot and a satsuma. For lunch ive made a sardine and sweetcorn salad, with a boiled egg. I've also got another satsuma, a banana and a yogurt for later!!

All 'FREE' would you beleive on a SW Extra Easy day image
    Helen-welen - you should start seeing results soon, your diet is really good!

I just had sardines and salad and a small piece of low fat spinach quiche. Got an apple for later on. And a pint of water on the go!
  • PinkafroPinkafro Posts: 1,211
    I'm hoping to! 10st at the minute, I had sworn I'd never go above 9st 4! Oops!!

Want to be 9ish for September this year for dress choosing and boudoir shoot. Then the mega challenge will be maintaining that until the wedding and hopefully going on a mega fitness burst before August 2013 for a tone up! I've never been toned in my life so will see how it goes image
  • Hi ladies,

I have recently found the most amazing product to help weight loss - I am so chuffed with my results and my family's, that I really want to spread the word!

After feeling despondent that I had tried everything to get healthy, eating the right food, hours in the gym with limited results, a friend started speaking to me about Herbalife.

Within 4 weeks I had a 4lb weight loss, 2cm loss from my waist, 5cm from my hips and 5cm from my thighs; and if I am completely honest I haven't really been trying, and have only been to gym once. Now that I am really trying, I have lost a lb in 2 days and a further 1.5cm from my waist.

I initially started off by just replacing my breakfast and lunch with Herbalife Formula 1 Shakes. I couldn't believe how filling they were! Within a week, I noticed how much more energy I had. I then added the multivitamins, the fibre and herb tablets. The shakes, multivitamins, the fibre and herb tablets are what they call their ???????core products??????? - all completely natural. I thought I would really miss food, but because you have a snack every few hours and a normal supper I didn't at all - if anything it is the opposite - if I have big meals or naughty meals I can't wait to get back to my shakes!

If you think this is something that could help you or would like anymore information, just let me know - [email protected]

Either way, good luck - a simple tip I use, is every time I go to put something in my mouth, I think is this going to help or hinder and then Sunday is treat day - anything I have been craving during the week - this gets me through any sticky points! And I don't feel guilty!

Last but not least, TTCStickyBean, my husband has been using a herbalife supplement for his arthritis and it seems to be really helping him image
    Nice try - get out of my post!! image
    Yep! no fads! You cant exisit on shakes and one meal a day forever!
  • Quoted:
    Nice try - get out of my post!!

Well said!
  • I started with a personal trainer 9 weeks ago, which includes full nutrition overhaul on th 80/20 rule - 80% of the time eat clean i.e. no wheat, gluten, alcohol, processed food, dairy (except eggs and full fat natural live yogurt) no sugar, no sweetners, and 20% a bit of what you like. On top of that I have 1x PT session a week, which is about 45mins of generally being thrashed military/boot camp style, lots of intervals and kettlebell work, and then 2x sets of interval runs by myself in between PT sessions.

I got weighed and measured at 2wks and 6wks in, and have lost in total 8lbs and 12 inches all over. Next Saturday is my 10wk weigh in/measurements.

Yes wearing a wedding dress was the catalyst for getting involved, but more than that I wanted to get off the diet cycle that I've been on and off for 10 years - I do WeightWatchrs for a bit, lose weight, then put it back on when I stop tracking. Or I exercise 7 days a week or not at all. So I'm implementing good, consistent, realistic principles for life and so far it's been awesome image

I'm 5 ft 3 and down to 9st 7lbs and a size 10 - I want to get into an 8 and comfortably under 9st.
    Wow Derbyshire bride, thats impressive!

How did you find our PT?
  • Emma0813Emma0813 Posts: 64
    I have lost 1.5 stone so far with slimming world.

I have fallen off the wagon too image

Wedding is now booked so I need to get back on it and lose at least another 2 stone maybe 3 stone.

Good Luck girls x
  • Quoted:
    Wow Derbyshire bride, thats impressive!

How did you find our PT?

Thanks! She's a work colleague who has retrained. She does virtual PT as well so if you're interested PM me and I'll send you her details.
    Weighed in this morning and only put on 1/4 lb which considering the ridiculously heavy weekend I don't think is too bad going.

Helen don't be ashamed of what you weigh now, I was well over 12st a year ok and it's only by sharing that I realised I wasn't happy and made a change. We're all here to support not judge, but having said that don't post if it really makes you that uncomfortable x
  • LorraineXLorraineX Posts: 202
    I would like to lose about 2 stone.

Had weigh in last night, lost 1lb image better than putting on!

Have now got a tummy virus which has involved me getting very aquatinted with our toilet, which is always good for weightloss?! That and the not eating!

How're you all getting on?
  • I'm on slimming world too image

Have lost 15lbs since january which I'm pleased with considering like most of us, I'm normal, in the sense I like my food so have had a couple of wobbles image

Lost 1/2 lb today's weigh in and have decided its time to get back on track as I'm starting my dress shopping this Friday Eeeekkk image

So happy to be on SW cant believe all the free foods you can have, and the fact you can eat normally with the rest of the family without suffering or eating separately like most diets that in the long term are no good for you, think I've said my point image
  • Well done to the rest of fellow b2b's on your weight loss's image
  • Hello ladies!

Had my 10wk measurements last Sat, now lost a total of 14.3 inches and 9.4lb! Really, really pleased image

I'm on holiday from work this week so been having lots of "relaxed eating" i.e. bread and wine, and truth be told, I feel *shocking*. My body clearly does not appreciate my old way of eating anymore! Looking forward to chicken salad for tea image
    So weighed in this morning and put on 3/4lb. Not too bad considering the awful week I had of feasting but it has taken me back over the 11 mark which I worked so hard to get under. Not gonna stress too much though cos I was very naughty with my eating.

Hope your weeks have been good guys x
  • DollyBDollyB Posts: 1,763 New bride
    Derbyshirebridetob, I'm the same! I feel like I've gone through a cycle over the past few years of losing weight and then putting it all back on.

I started a fitness and healthy living regime 6 weeks ago, hoping it will be one I can make fit my lifestyle!

At my 6 week mark I have lost 11pounds and about 10inches altogether from different places!

It was my birthday this weekend though and I'm feeling very guilty (and bloated!) after lots of naughty food! Back to it hardcore tomorrow!

Everyone is doing so well, lots of keeping up and maintaining ahead image

xxx