Forum home Archived I got married in August 2013

Bride To Be Saying Hello

Hi Bs2B

I'm getting married on 23/8/13. Have been engaged for 4 years this summer and decided at the start of the year to just book a date already as we've kept saying since getting engaged it'll be a year or two!

We have two young children so are getting married on a bit of a budget. I'm doing a diy job on most things and ebay has become my best friend for grabbing some bargains.

We've opted to have our whole day at Walnut Tree Inn, Northampton since it'll save moving guests (elderly and non-local) about all day. Am SO excited already. I'm sure I'm driving everyone potty as everything is wedding chat atm lol!! image

• Spond25Spond25 Posts: 580
    Hello B2B Gems x I'm April 2013 and have been boring myself with wedding obsession lol it's such fun planning though. we're having our ceremony and evening reception in the same place too
  • MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513
    Hi!

Im getting married on 16th Aug 2013 image

Agree about ebay, it is fantastic as there is so much choice and you can get some really nice things on there (and it gets delivered to your door!)

Im also getting married and having the reception in the same place - im staying at the venue the night before too!

Best of luck with all your plans, keep us updated
  • B2BGemsB2BGems Posts: 107

Sorry for the massive gap in posts. Just had one of my daughters start school. 

I'm wedding MAD at the moment. My family keep telling me to put it all away until after xmas/new year but then there will only be 8 months! And all the sales will be missed .

• SparklesSparkles Posts: 377

Gems!! Im a northampton girl, getting married on the 2nd August 2013 image

We looked at the Walnut Tree!! We can be wedding 'buddies' and chat local stuff! If you get any good deals etc then let me know and I will vice versa, we've just booked our photographer but shes London based.

Have you been to any dress shops, Ive been to a few if you need any recommendations then let me know image

• B2BGemsB2BGems Posts: 107

Heya Sparkles image

Are you on FB? I forget to log in here .