Forum home Archived I got married in August 2013

Show your Venue?

Is anyone in a position to share your venue? I just uploaded some pics to photobucket so I'm happy to start if anyone is interested? image

We're in Northamptonshire by the way - where are you?

• PinkafroPinkafro Posts: 1,211
    Sounds like fun image I'm in Surrey but gettin married in West Sussex, in Grittenham Barn. I wanted a barn type venue, and chose this one because barns near me made you use their nominated caterer and were strick on other suppliers and things. This one is very flexible with everything (though I will be using the wife who is a florist, and the husband who does lighting and sound packages, as they know what they are doing and how to work with the venue), plus you get it Friday - Sunday which I love! So will get to set up Friday and worry about getting my stuff on Sunday morning.

• SparklesSparkles Posts: 377
    Oh it's amazing!! It's exactly what we'd love!

You'll have to use your imagination with ours as its not a wedding venue!
    We wanted a relaxed country pub vibe, will rpob end up English Country Garden style:

It's actually much nicer than these picks as it was a cold overcast morning!!
  • PinkafroPinkafro Posts: 1,211
    Wow I think its fab! Has it got a civil ceremony license then? I really wanted to use a non wedding venue venue. Our original plan was to have a big country house so that family could stay over and we could make a week/weekend of it. But none really had one room big enough to fit all our guests seated for eating, and if we went marquee too it would just cost ridiculous amounts, when I was trying to avoid paying over the odds for it being a wedding! I looked in to country pubs as well, along with a marquee in the middle of a field, but we were never having a church wedding, and I'd prefer to be in the same place for everythinng rather than doing the registry office thing, so I had to give in and go for a venue with a ceremony license!

I love that theres a room big enough to have chairs set up for the ceremony, with the big windows behind! Are they closing it to the public for you? Are they doing your catering as well? image
    Everything is there!

It's a boutique hotel with 7 bedrooms, so all wedding party can stay, there's a little cottage as well with 2 bedrooms. We are getting married on a Friday so were paying to have it exclusively image

They are creating a menu with us so we get exactly what we want, currently it's about £26 per head for 3 courses and coffee!

They have applied for the civil licence so just waiting for that to come through.

These are the tables they use, as they clear the place out and bring in tables and chairs, we can choose which chairs and colours etc.

This is in the ceremony room though, I think we're going to use the room that is laid out for the ceremony, it won't be the chairs in this pic, then we'll dress the bar room up for our meal and the have the sweetie bar, and evening part back I. The ceremony room.

Theres also the 'snug' where people can just chill out :

• MrsCraig xxxMrsCraig xxx Posts: 637
    I'm on the iPad so can't upload pic's. We're in kent and this is our venue

http://www.coolingcastlebarn.com/

Ours is a barn as well. Want a relaxed family day image xxx. Both of yours are lovely. Totally our style xxx

• MrsCraig xxxMrsCraig xxx Posts: 637
    Oops I posted in the wrong month image
  • MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513
    Here is ours - Taplow House Hotel image

Fell in love with it over 4 years ago and it was the first place we looked at when we got engaged. We did look at other venues but Taplow stood out above all the others - cant wait to go back and see it again image

- not my dress!

• SP2013SP2013 Posts: 857

Think i've posted this on another thread but will do it here anyway. We are getting married in Hertfordshire but currently live very near northampton, where abouts are you?

Our venue

SP2013 I live in Northampton!! Spooky, our venue is in East haddon, where abouts do you live?

Your venue is very posh! I love how grand it is, you'll be lady of the manor image

• Naomi1984Naomi1984 Posts: 142

image Yay!!!

www.gaynespark.co.uk

• SP2013SP2013 Posts: 857
    Helen_welen wrote (see)

SP2013 I live in Northampton!! Spooky, our venue is in East haddon, where abouts do you live?

Your venue is very posh! I love how grand it is, you'll be lady of the manor image

Haha! The venue is in Hertfordshire but I currently live key lose to Milton keynes, but Hertfordshire is where I grew up! The venue does all the work for me so then I don't have to decorate it!

• GattinaRosaGattinaRosa Posts: 822

Lovely venues ladies!

We've gone with Tewin Bury Farm, Herts.

• Hello hello! Hope it's okay to join in!

All the venues look so pretty. We loved the rustic barn style venues but we've ended up with a sort of destination style venue at the other end of the country. As there'll only be 20 of us it'd look a barn would look a bit bare! So we've chosen The Lodge on Loch Goil in Scotland. You can get married in the treehouse! We might have it by the loch if it's a nice day though. Minus the tartan. image

• Tilly17Tilly17 Posts: 99

Loving the different venues, especially that treehouse! Ours is at Thornton Manor...

We're praying for nice weather so we can have it outdoors here...

Massive change of plan girls......eek!

Have decided that I would like a church wedding after all, so, have to find a church that will have us, and we're not convinced by the venue I've posted about.

Thankfully no deposits paid or anything.....I'll keep you posted!!
  • All your venues look fab ladies!

I'm getting married at The Lodge on Loch Lomond on 25th August 2013

www.loch-lomond.co.uk

The pics on the website don't do it justice to be honest, so google if you would like to see more!

• Hi there

All your venues look fab. I'm getting married on 16 August 2013. The wedding will be in a church in Leeds and the reception is at Ruding Park in HArrogate. I've not figured out how to post pictures but here is the website link:http://www.ruddingpark.co.uk/weddings/

August 2013 will be here before we know it!

x

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

rachsmith83 - We are date twins! Your venue looks beautiful image

• Thanks MrsBeau2B! Your venue looks stunning too. So nice to have a date twin!!x

• ClarkieClarkie Posts: 586

Oooohhh just noticed this thread! What amazing venues ladies! They have got the serious 'Wow!' factor.

We're getting married at Rivervale Barn in Yatelely. We didn't even look at any other venues and booked it beofre we were even engaged image

x

• Ah loads of you girls are going for barns! Amazing tatste if I do say so myself! We are getting married at The Old Kent Barn; love that it is gorgeous and modern but rustic and relaxed at the same time.

• ClarkieClarkie Posts: 586

Barns are definitely a popular choice with us August brides. I never knew there were so many stunning ones around. When I started looking for venues (far too many years ago lol) there were only like 2 barns in my whole area! x

Strangely in Northamptonshire which is very rural there arent that many 'barns'! There are a couple but they are 'wedding venues' if you know what i mean, we didnt even go and look at them as we wanted something less 'weddingy',

Which is how we ended up with out thatched cottagey boutique hotel (were having a church wedding now so only the reception will be here which will work much better!)

• Lucym89Lucym89 Posts: 389

Hi my venue is Bartley Lodge Hotel Cadnam Hampshire in the New Forest.

Love everyones venues they are so different and amazing.

Front

Back

Inside (not a great pic)

Lounge area

Reception

Garden and window for group shot photo

Swimming pool