Forum home Archived I got married in August 2013

Newby saying hi!

Hey girlies, just wanted to say hi to my fellow August 2013 brides!  I'm Sat 17th August and already counting down the days lol.  Great forum btw - you all seem a lovely helpful bunch image xx

• Hi Michelle,

Just wanted to say welcome image

I'm not an aug2013 bride but I like to chat all the same!

Eleven weeks and counting for me image

What have you got planned/sorted so far?

Hannah xxx
  • animaanima Posts: 38

Hi Michelle! I'm your date twin! Only just started using the forum. It's mainly made me feel really far behind! Love reading everyones plans though!

• Hello Michelle, I am a September 2013 bride. Getting married on September 7th. How are you getting on with planning? 

Hannah you must be so excited with only 11 weeks to go!

• Excited or stressed so much I've become euphoric! Tell you what ladies tho it's sooo good to see all your ideas come together. I went through a lull of thinking nothing was getting done etc and then everything just starts to fall into place. It's lovely. I am really really going to miss talking weddings and planning with everyone you know image *tissues* xxx
  • Hey girls, lovely to hear from you all - I'm wedding obsessed just now but its nice to see I'm not the only one lol.  Got the following sorted so far - venue, photographer, videographer, band, dress, bridesmaid dresses, favours, invitations and some other wee bits like memorial candle for family who have passed away which was important as my h2b's father died of cancer a few yrs ago but we wanted to remember him and others on the day.  So nice to share thoughts/questions with everyone on here!

Hannah - wow you must be counting down the days, I bet the next 11 wks fly by!

Anima - nice to meet you date twin image

SylvieBelle - you'll be still excited for your big day after ours is all over with! 

• TripTrip Posts: 120
    Hey congrats n welcome to the site image bit longer for me june 2014 x
  • MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

Congrats and welcome! Im the day before you on the 16th ! image

• animaanima Posts: 38

Wow Michelle! That is a lot. See this is why I feel so behind here. I have a provisional booking with ceremony venue and registrar (await venue ceremony license), transport (good contacts = freebie!) and cake toppers. That's it! haha! Must try harder!

• Hi Michelle

Welcome image I'm getting married August too, the 3rd

I love this forum, so many nice people on here with lots of great ideas, also good to have a chat about anything and everything

You have your planning well underway, I think you're ahead of me, must get a move on! Lol
  • Thank goodness we can all keep each other sane on here eh......well kinda lol!!image

xxx

• SparklesSparkles Posts: 377

Hi Michelle, Im 2nd August, lets hope the sun shines for us all!!

And dont feel behind, i feel like we've barely done anything compared to most others! Literally just paid the deposit for the Photographer, we have the church book an dthe reception. But thats it!!

• LilygirlLilygirl Posts: 429

Welcome, I'm just after you on 25 August 2013. There is plenty of time to book everything, so don't panic!