Forum home Archived I got married in August 2013

What song.....

are you walking down the aisle to? 

I thought I had decided but I keep changing my mind x

• pachelbel, it's the song i kept going back to! x

• Emma0813Emma0813 Posts: 64

That is a beautiful song x

• B2BGemsB2BGems Posts: 107

I'm thinking Pachelbel too. Especially since my kids dance whenever it gets played image

• katie 7katie 7 Posts: 61

i cant decide either. i want somthing different and fun, (preferably from a film as its out theme) we are walking out to 'you and me' by wannadies from romeo and juliet.

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

'She' By Elvis Costelloimage, performed by a solo violinist

• Emma0813Emma0813 Posts: 64

Some lovely ideas. I will keep searching for the perfect song xxx

• Mrs McC 2BMrs McC 2B Posts: 674
    Im going down to yiruma river flows in you, you tube it I just love it xx
  • Coldplay paradise image x

• I'm walking down the aisle to the feather theme from Forrest Gump. It's a beautiful and happy piece of music and I'm also having my flower girl throw white feathers rather than petals. Neither my FI or I have any grandparents with us anymore and my mum has always told me if you ever see a random white feather its an Angel's calling card, so this is the main reason we are having this song and feathers thrown. I want to somehow include our grandparents even if they're not there if that makes sense. It's kind of symbolic for me. Here's a link to the version I love:

• CetaceaCetacea Posts: 654

I'm walking down the aisle to 'Marry Me' by Train, one of my favourite bands - and pretty apt in my opinion! image

• LeaBLeaB Posts: 1,706

Im walking down the aisle to I loved her first by Heartland then walking back down the aisle away from ceremony to greatest day by take that x

• I am walking down the isle to the butterfly waltz - Brian crain. Walking up the isle to Peter Gabriel the book of love 

• BexFreewillBexFreewill Posts: 288

Hi image

I am walking down the aisle to Mendelssohn's Wedding March, then once we are married, we are walking up the aisle to The Bealtle's 'All You Need is Love' - they are both going to be played on the organ image xx

• cherrydropcherrydrop Posts: 904

Hey Emma, 

I'm walking down to an instrumental version of Kissing You by Des'ree. Love this song!

• Tigso1987Tigso1987 Posts: 647

I'm having Pachelbel too image such a lovely piece of music

• Happybunny2Happybunny2 Posts: 628 New bride

Iris, by Goo Goo Dolls.  We are having a guitarist duo.

• I'm having Only Time by Enya played by a string quartet.  It's beautiful& I can't stop listening to it on YouTube! 

• BexFreewillBexFreewill Posts: 288
    BexFreewill wrote (see)

Hi image

I am walking down the aisle to Mendelssohn's Wedding March, then once we are married, we are walking up the aisle to The Bealtle's 'All You Need is Love' - they are both going to be played on the organ image xx

It turns out I got the song titles mixed up! image I am actually going to walk down to Wagner's Bridal Chorus! xx

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

We had an acoustic guitarist/ singer. I walked down the aisle to 'A Thousand Years', we had 'One Day Like This' and 'Rule The World' as we signed the register and 'Love is Easy' by McFly when we walked out as husband as wife! It's a really happy, uplifting, catchy song and very Beatles-esque x 

• TruePoet1TruePoet1 Posts: 18

I'm walking down the aisle to Jeremiah Clark's Prince of Denmark's March. It sounds amazing and is slightly different from the norm. Whatever you choose will be amazing. The organist said he could do Nights in white satin, which sounds amazing on a church organ but my fiance decided it wasnt appropriate as it's a song about drug taking! 

• SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 800

I'm having I'm kissing you too! It makes me and h2b cry every time we listen to it. xx