And so it begins with 30 day shred...

I am on day 3 of the 30 day shred and can hardly walk! However, it has made me feel much more motivated as I can tell that it must be working image If anyone wants to join in with me then feel free. I get married 2nd August so I'm hoping to do a different Jillian Michaels DVD each month until then, finishing with 6 week 6 pack in time for honeymoon (probably a little too ambitious, but I feel motivated at the moment lol) I have taken measurements and will report on my progress at the end of my 30 day shred image

• amy-lou-22amy-lou-22 Posts: 1,259

I'm on day 10 today! EEK I have started it before previously, but silly me did it around Xmas so I gave it up on day 9. I'm really nervous about level 2 as level 1 was hard enough!

Good luck image we are getting married pretty close together, so keep me informed about your progress and I will do the same.

• Miss_XMiss_X Posts: 263
    I would have given up over Christmas too! I have had the DVD in its wrapper for about 6 months, but bit the bullet on Monday and now feel glad I have as it has motivated me more (despite the issues with sitting down, getting up, using stairs and generally walking lol!)

Let me know how you get on with level 2 image
  • Tig123Tig123 Posts: 150

I have just ordered my copy!

It is due to arrive tomorrow so will start on Friday....

Wedding is in May and I need all the help I can get at the moment.
    xx

• nenjennenjen Posts: 1,524

I've just re-started after giving up at day 8!! I've got 45 days to go until the wedding and would like to lose a little bit of weight and tone up before my last dress fitting... fingers crossed!

Good Luck ladies image

We can motivate each other in here if we are starting to get flakey......which I do have a tendency to do lol

nenjen, your planning thread is fab! Ruthin castle looks beautiful!
  • I'm waiting for my copy to arrive!!  I don't get married until next year but going to ibiza in June!! Desperate times call for desperate measures hehe x

Lol! Totally! Lucky you going to Ibiza! I am jealous image

I want to look good in my dress on the big day, but I really want abs (for a change) for my bikini on honeymoon.....serious mission ahead!
    Day 5 today.....the pain is starting to go out of my legs now so fingers crossed it will get a bit easier now image Having said that though, the pain was a good motivator as it felt like a sign it was working lol!

Just bought Jillians collection now as well as it has some others that look good which I want to do after 30DS. Really reasonably priced for the collection on Amazon 22.99 for 4 workout DVD's although I do already have 30DS but will pass that one on image
    Day 6 completed......but only just because my DVD player ruined my DVD! Fortunately I had another copy that I was going to pass on that I had ended up with when I bought the 4 pack collection!

Also....had a diet mishap last night.....not only did I go out drinking with the boy, but we also had naughty food on the way home......ooops! Hope it hasn't undone any of this weeks hard work image
    Day 7 done.....the pain has gone out of my legs now, although they are a tad sore during a couple of moves.

My endurance is definitely improving though so I shall keep going....I have to admit, I did feel like I couldn't be bothered tonight and had to force myself to get off the sofa! Lol! Hopefully that was just a minor wobble! image
    On to level 2....it definitely gets harder! However, I'm glad because I started to feel like level 1 was getting a bit easy. I feel absolutely knackered now after level 2! God help me at level 3! image
  • amy-lou-22amy-lou-22 Posts: 1,259

Level 2 is a pure killer. It gets easier quite quickly though so don't worry image Level 3 for me soon!

Amy...I am dreading level 3 at the moment. Hopefully as I get used to level 2 it may stop being so scary!

Rubyring13 - don't worry, I am sure you will love it. You really do feel it working!

I have to confess guys, I have had 3 days off!!! I was away a couple of days and then it was our sons birthday party, so I have also eaten bad food for 3 days image

Anyhoo, today is a new week so I have done my level 2 of 30DS AND I have now started on the 5:2 fast diet. So far so good.....I think this is a diet I can do for a change.

Have had a cup of tea and my low fat Actimel (26 cal) plus one of those kids Little Dish meals (the chicken risotto one as it is really low in cals and fat) and I now have a carton of pea and asparagus soup waiting for me for tea image

Will fast again on Thursday now. I am reading Michael Mosley's book though and the health benefits with fasting have really sold it to me. It sounds like a very good lifestyle choice. Going to play around with it and see how best it will work for me image
    That's great! I found the push ups really hard too! I have started to be able to do a few now so I guess your arms do start getting stronger, but I do still find them a huge challenge lol.

It's good that you are doing it with h2b....I have to kick mine out of the living room! image

Wish I had taken a pic. I have taken measurements though so hopefully I will see some difference that way.
  • MrsMcG2B1MrsMcG2B1 Posts: 293

Oooo I am shredding too! I have done before measurements and photos etc, hoping I will see results! I started it before but then got a horrible cold and had a week or so off, now back on day 13.  

I am not doing the workouts in order though - are you supposed to do 10 days on 1, 10 days on 2 etc? I started doing 1 then 2 but 2 gives me a bad back so I went onto 3 but for a bit of variety I do level 1 but changing some of the moves, like doing the cardio with weights like she does in level 3 and doing some of the strength moves from level 2.  Is everyone else just doing it properly?

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,254 New bride

I have got this and only done 1 day, I really need more motivation!

Luckily I have a long time until my wedding BUT I am going on holiday in May and was hoping to tone a little before that!

Any1 have any good tips of how to stay motivated and how they are actually surviving through the programme as I felt like I was going to pass out!!!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"

Ruby - I hope so I really want to do it and stick to it but my motivation is shocking!

I cannot do push ups - I hope by the end I can at least do a couple lol! And my legs killed for the next few days but i guess this means it did something!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I agree with you - yes ok she shows you that you can do it on your knees but I cant get into the right position it just hurts and im not massive im like a bigger size 12 (yes to some this would be amazing but I do not feel good got my flabby bits and its about me feeling happier!) and im only 25 so surely that cannot be good?!

Haha I havent noticed that so much but now you've said it she does linger around her - Im going to look out for it now lol!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Haha yes I can actually picture it now! 

I am going to do day 2 tomorrow as we have people over tonight with a selection of rings to get an early idea! So exciting! image

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hi girls,

If you're struggling with push-ups (I do) then my advice would be to do them on some kind of step. When I used to go to keep fit bootcamp classes, the instructor got me to do push ups with my hands on an aerobics step as I struggled and it was amazing- I was like "ohhhh this is the movement/muscles" as it just felt impossible to do on the floor. If you have something that could lift your arms 10-15cm off the ground (a big book? upturned washing up bowl? crate?) it might make all the difference and you could find some benefits to push ups!

I did the 30 day shred a couple of years ago and liked it but unfortunately now can't due to living in a flat above people and not supposed to do any impact exercise due to knee injury. I found it great for fitness levels though! However, I found some of the exercises in six week six pack actually impossible!!!

Thanks Jen - I will try this 2moro and see how I get on

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

My legs were the most painful area to begin with, but they quickly got better and I can honestly say that my arms are already looking more toned and I have a muscle in the right place now, not swinging underneath like a cartoon haha!

I couldn't do push ups either, don't know if I was getting in the right position as such, but as long as I felt that I had a lot of weight on my arms to 'push up' then I figure that is doing something?

I can now, on day 3 of level 2 (as i had 3 days off) do a couple of proper push ups! So, it goes to show that this DVD must be effective at building strength quickly image

I am loving it, although every so often my motivation disappears and I really have to force myself to do it. I may measure myself soon to see if there is any inch loss yet as that would help motivate me for sure!
    Miss_X wrote (see)
    My legs were the most painful area to begin with, but they quickly got better and I can honestly say that my arms are already looking more toned and I have a muscle in the right place now, not swinging underneath like a cartoon haha!

I couldn't do push ups either, don't know if I was getting in the right position as such, but as long as I felt that I had a lot of weight on my arms to 'push up' then I figure that is doing something?

I can now, on day 3 of level 2 (as i had 3 days off) do a couple of proper push ups! So, it goes to show that this DVD must be effective at building strength quickly image

I am loving it, although every so often my motivation disappears and I really have to force myself to do it. I may measure myself soon to see if there is any inch loss yet as that would help motivate me for sure!

Well done you on sticking to it and noticing a difference.  This is good for me to see as it makes me more motivated if others can do it an get results then I can!

Can you let me know how much you have lost so far (obviously you dont need to say your actual weight if you dont want to) it would just be nice for me to see how many lbs etc you can actually lose roughly image

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

oo well inches will do me nicely not fussed just wanna feel more toned and comfortable if that makes sense

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

exactly i dont really wanna be too skinny an look ill i just want to feel and look healthier

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Yea thats a good point.  My h2b loves me how I am now but you know when you just wanna feel it yourself thats what I am trying to achieve (but failing!)

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I've just done some quick measurements and I have lost about 1/2 an inch each from my chest, waist and tummy so far. No difference on my thighs, but that is fine for now as I don't hold my weight there and my bum and legs are actually my best hits. I hold all my weight on middle and back and top of arms so I end up looking like an apple on little legs! Lol!

I'm pretty happy with 1/2 an inch so far as I have done 13 days of this DVD with 3 days off last week and over those 3 days off I massively indulged in KFC, McDonalds, a curry, pick and mix, mini eggs, nachos and alcohol, not to mention a 3 course meal out.....whoops! Prior to that I had eaten just healthily, but this Monday I also started the 5:2 fast diet after my huge indulgence. That went well with first fast on Monday and it is my second fast day tomorrow image

No more indulging for me now after my massive blow out image
    Miss_X wrote (see)
    I've just done some quick measurements and I have lost about 1/2 an inch each from my chest, waist and tummy so far. No difference on my thighs, but that is fine for now as I don't hold my weight there and my bum and legs are actually my best hits. I hold all my weight on middle and back and top of arms so I end up looking like an apple on little legs! Lol!

I'm pretty happy with 1/2 an inch so far as I have done 13 days of this DVD with 3 days off last week and over those 3 days off I massively indulged in KFC, McDonalds, a curry, pick and mix, mini eggs, nachos and alcohol, not to mention a 3 course meal out.....whoops! Prior to that I had eaten just healthily, but this Monday I also started the 5:2 fast diet after my huge indulgence. That went well with first fast on Monday and it is my second fast day tomorrow image

No more indulging for me now after my massive blow out image

Nice one well done you! I would be happy with that too! Im now more determined to stick to it back on it 2moro an will be better motivated!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Thanks MrsGB2B2015! It really helps posting about it in here too. I feel more motivated as it is public and also because I have told a few other people. I am notorious for starting diet and fitness regimes and chucking in the towel so I am sticking with this even more to prove I can do it if I REALLY want to image My h2b thought I wouldn't do it as the DVD had been in its wrapper for 6 months, but I thought "I'll show him!" Lol. He is supportive of it, despite saying he doesn't think I need to, he's just fed up of me moaning about my weight and multiple shopping trips being cut short when I'm having a 'fat day'.....we women are complicated creatures! image
    Miss_X wrote (see)
    Thanks MrsGB2B2015! It really helps posting about it in here too. I feel more motivated as it is public and also because I have told a few other people. I am notorious for starting diet and fitness regimes and chucking in the towel so I am sticking with this even more to prove I can do it if I REALLY want to image My h2b thought I wouldn't do it as the DVD had been in its wrapper for 6 months, but I thought "I'll show him!" Lol. He is supportive of it, despite saying he doesn't think I need to, he's just fed up of me moaning about my weight and multiple shopping trips being cut short when I'm having a 'fat day'.....we women are complicated creatures! image

Yea it does help you to talk to others about it and I find posting on forums doesnt make you feel on the spot if someone says oh you not doing it an starts putting a downer if you miss a day!

My h2b is being supportive but secretly I dont think he believes I will stick to it as he knows im rubbish at sticking to things! Plus he has seen me sit there sying oh i will do it... oh look its getting too late... lol!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015