Forum home Archived I got married in August 2013

Getting married in August!

As the other thread seemed to vanished lets try again!

• Hurray thanks for starting it image
  • MrsB2B:)MrsB2B:) Posts: 244
    I still can't find the other my post are still playing up! Oh well! What date are you getting married? I'm Sunday 4th. X
  • Saturday 17th! There was a good long list on the other thread I'll see if I can find it...

Stupid website only works half the time though I don't get how it can be this bad??!
  • The last version of "The List" from the old thread image

Champagne and Cake Thursday 1st August

Sparkles Friday 2nd August 2013

Mrskg2013 Friday 2nd August 2013

ExcitedB2b2013 Saturday 3rd August 2013

Alien girl Saturday 3rd August 2013

Pin badge bride Saturday 10th August 2013

Aug13b2b Sunday 11th August 2013

Cherrydrop Monday 12th August 2013

DollyB2B Thursday 15th August 2013

MrsBeau2B Friday 16th August 2013

Lollypoplauren88 Saturday 17th August 2013

SuzySimpson Saturday 17th August 2013

MrsT2be x Monday August 19th 2013

Gemgem Saturday 24th August 2013

Mrs McC 2B Thursday 29th August 2013

MrsHousden-Joyce2be Friday 23rd August 2013
  • Im 2nd august image

• jendoojendoo Posts: 166
    I'm 10th August! It's creeping up on me! Can't believe we r halfway through April already!
    I know can't believe how quick it is coming around! I've got the countdown on my phone when I got it, started at 8 months!

Danielle same weekend as me! Haven't seen anyone on the same day as us yet!
  • im 2nd August too Danielle S image

Sent out my invites this week im soooo excited i made them myself and everyone keeps texting asking where i bought them from! im so pleased

xxxx

• Its so exiting just 3 and a half months to go image

I have ordered our invites will be going out in couple weeks image

• GemgemGemgem Posts: 242
    This bloody website is rubbish sometimes! I was looking for our thread the other day and just thought I was being blind x
  • mrskg2013mrskg2013 Posts: 1,192
    There are loads of us 2nd aug brides

Gem gem how did the fitting go? Would love to see pics since mine doesn't come in for another two months x
  • I had a bit of a fright when I realised it was 4 months this week!! So many things to decide, so much weight to lose! Thankfully all deposits etc paid and the invites have gone out, had most RSVPs back just a few stragglers to chase up.

Still undecided about wedding cars. What is everyone else doing?
  • MrsW2013MrsW2013 Posts: 65

August 10th image Invites went out last week sooooo excited!!!!!! x

Ooh mrsw2be, date twins! I'm having an invite DIY night tonight so hopefully should get them out next week!
  • Im the same, my dress comes in at end june so will get to try on my actual dress and fitting and will be altered after that. im so nervous about seeing and trying on my ACTUAL dress lol x

• my dress arrived last week but i do not dare go try it on as i have put an atleast 8lb image

When I tried mine on last year it gave me back cleavage! I don't know what I was last year but I have lost a stone this year so fingers crossed dont have that wen I try it on before alterations!
    I've sent nearly all my day invites out hopefully get the last two out this weekend, then on to evening invites then! Got them off wedding chicks free printable, ordered some bits of vistraprint for free last night, got a pen with our names and dates got a stamp saying thank you, our names and date. Just paid postage think it was ??5. My dress is at my nans hanging up picked that up on January! Didn't need and alterations but have lost weight since so trying to put that back on as went to a 6 and don't want to be that small! Lost my boobs ha!
  • DollyBDollyB Posts: 1,763 New bride
    Hey ladies, it's all approaching quickly! I got my first RSVP through the post today which made me very excited!! I hope I get some more soon image

MrsB2B I'm hoping to do a bumper vista print order tonight....I love their freebies! Tonight is stickers for the favours but I've had all my night invites from there, banners, a stamp and calendar! Hehe

Anybody got any big weddingy plans over the weekend?? Xx
    I haven't seen the freebies for stickers! I don't see all the really good ones ha! I haven't really got and wedding plans this weekend will most likely be diy stuff!
  • SP2013SP2013 Posts: 857

I'm Sat 3rd august!  Been getting RSVPs back so exciting! Nearly under 100 days to go!

I get emails almost every other day from them offering me all sorts! I'm sure they'll head your way soon!!

I can't wait until its only 100 days to go, feels like an exciting marker! Xx

Dress fitting went well, dress is a little too big instead of too small now image ordered my veil too. My pictures are awful but I think my neice has some better ones so ill get them and put them on. I ordered my evening invites from vistaprint on the weekend, just need to get my day ones done now x

• SP2013SP2013 Posts: 857

That's exciting gemgem and well done on it now being too big! Can't wait to see pics!

Aww Gemgem! How exciting! Well done!

I'm desperate for my dress to arrive now! I've only seen it a lot of sizes too big so it will be nice to try it on without sponges shoved down my back! I'm just hoping I've shifted enough weight for it to fit nicely!
    Aww glad it fits gem gem! At least it's a little too big than too small! Can't wait to see the pics!

What veil did you go for?

I'm thinking Il prob end up going for a fingertip veil. But not sure until I try the dress on in June!

It is completely different when its your own dress image My mam and stepfather came with me and he hadn't seen itbefore so cried although he was pretending to have bad eyes lol! He's going to be a wreck on the day I think! x

Mrskg think our messages crossed. I've ordered a 54" not really sure if thats fingertip, doesn't say on my receipt what the make is though. Its got lace appliques on the edges x

I'm not really sure either!

Sounds like it will go really nicely with the dress.

I can't wait for my dress to arrive in the shop so I can decide on what veil and tiara I want, then decide on my hair. At the moment I'm not sure on my side tiara anymore and thinking half up half down hair. But that could change when I get to try my dress on.

My hair trial is at the end of June, so I'm really hoping that my dress comes in before then. It should do as the dress shop said it would be 'mid June'