Forum home Archived I got married in December 2012

Winter Wedding Venue Ideas?

Hello fellow winter 2012 brides to-be.

Congrats to you all!

I am in the very early stages of planning, trying to find a venue!

I'm thinking candlelit evening ceremony in maybe a boutique hotel with fireplaces.

Where are you holding yours? Any ideas for the above would be fab, I'm struggling!

Shell image

• NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    I'm having a candle lit ceremony too!!!

We're still deciding between venues, but have got one in mind which is a mid-size country house with a big open log fire in the ceremony room!

Going to view it properly for the first time hopefully next weekend image

Where a bouts are you based?
  • oooh, Mrsmack2b, sounds exactly what we are looking for. We are based in Cambridge but would consider anywhere if it's right.

How did your viewing go? Where is it?

xx
  • NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    My venue is in Essex so not too far from you, the only thing I'd say is, is travelling a distance away from the majority of your guests a good idea if it snows etc!

That's my only worry about having a December wedding!!! image The weather is so unpredictable!!

I haven't had a chance to go visit it yet as i've been so busy with work, but hopefully by the end of the month we'll have had a chance to be shown round! So excited! Just hope it's how I imagine it as I've got my hopes up for it now! Probably not the best idea to have settled on a venue without seeing it, but it's the only one I've seen so far that has come anywhere near our price range and preferred styling etc! image