Forum home Archived I got married in December 2012

Very premature but....

.... I just opened a hotmail account in my married name!!!!!! image

My current email address has my current surname in it, so once I get married I'll want to be using one that has my married name on it!

I'm such a saddo!!! image

• RowenaFWRowenaFW Posts: 2,078
    Lauren, I love you. You have no idea how long I have been resisting doing this!
  • NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    Quoted:
    Lauren, I love you. You have no idea how long I have been resisting doing this!

Hahahaha I'm such a geek!!

I even sent an email to my current email address and got totally over-excited when I saw my new surname!!!! image

Saddo!!!!
    I'm MAKING myself wait. When I really feel the urge, I get a piece of paper and practice signing my married name instead.

It's not easy!
    I've done that too... image haha
    I absolutely love the thought of having a new surname, and so I'm a bit over-excited about changing everything lol.

But I know lots of people like their own surnames and so its not their kind of 'thing'!!

I'm just a geek! image
    I'm exchanging a common surname for a rare one - I like that. And it's completely my choice; he never even suggested it. I see it as a bit of a 'promotion' in that my name has undergone a change as something good has happened to me. When I get my PhD I will proudly wear the title "Dr" - when I get married, I will proudly wear my new surname.
    My my current surname, and my future surname aren't exactly rare, but neither are they particularly common! I'm just excited to have the one that reflects the union we're going to make!
  • NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835
    I did the same thing!!! Then h2b wanted mine to 'match is' (i.e. with the same numbers and .com not .co.uk)so i had to get another one.... image
    I sent my h2b an email from it straight away! image

I don't have anyone to email from it though so I'll just have to email myself! image
  • That is really really weird! I just started to do this then chickened out at the last minute! And it was only today that it even occured to me. How bizarre!
    Quoted:
    That is really really weird! I just started to do this then chickened out at the last minute! And it was only today that it even occured to me. How bizarre!

Why did you chicken out?!

It's fab!!

And at least when I am married I won't have to worry about not being able to get a good email address!

I got my second choice email address image
  • icklekidicklekid Posts: 732
    I did mine ages ago and probably worse I get my old hotmail account forwarded to it and use it to check email on! I have to be careful not to send email from it though :P
    I was considering forwarding all my emails to it, but then I decided I'd keep it 'clean' until I am married lol.

I'm going to start copying my email contacts across though image
  • RedVelvetRedVelvet Posts: 1,297 New bride
    I hadn't even considered this. Now I can barely resist it. And my wedding date isn't even set yet. Must. Resist. Temptation!
    Quoted:
    I hadn't even considered this. Now I can barely resist it. And my wedding date isn't even set yet. Must. Resist. Temptation!

DO IT, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Its fab!! image
  • I hadn't considered it either, but as my new surname will be smith, I don't expect creating a new account will be that simple!
    Quoted:
    I hadn't considered it either, but as my new surname will be smith, I don't expect creating a new account will be that simple!

Are you saying that "minkymoolou-smith" is a common name?! image
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    image Love it. Love it so much, I have just done it myself, even though my old email address isn't made up of my current surname.

Even better, because my married name is uncommon, I didn't need any numbers or extra words. I once searched my current name on FB. Literally hundreds, then searched my future name - NONE! I'll be unique. image
  • I did mine as soon as we got engaged. julia.stone wasn't available so I've got a few!! I've got ju.m.stone and mrs.ju.stone and such variations! Been practicing my signature since I fancied someone of with the surname back in Primary School! Have perfected it now though image
    I wanted lauren_mack but that wasn't available. So I went for Lauren-mack instead!! image
  • RRrr2011RRrr2011 Posts: 1,262
    I had an in-between account while getting married which was mrsrobinsontobe for all weddingy stuff - that kept me going and means I don't have loads of wedding emails still coming through to new address!!!
  • MrsPugh2MrsPugh2 Posts: 446
    I have done the same too image iv set one up for my hotmail and my gmail lol
  • i have the same surname as h2b so don't need to image
  • Li1736Li1736 Posts: 324
    hahahaha i havn't done this but i love it!! love reading this - some of my friends think i am mad and overexcited but coming on here and reading this restores my faith in being an excited bride with nearly less than a year to go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Quoted:
    hahahaha i havn't done this but i love it!! love reading this - some of my friends think i am mad and overexcited but coming on here and reading this restores my faith in being an excited bride with nearly less than a year to go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I knowwwwww!!!! I am soooooo excited!! imageimageimage
  • Luvvit!!! ...and there was me thinking I was the only one !!! image !
    I just checked my two preferred emails. Not in existence yet!
    Quoted:
    I just checked my two preferred emails. Not in existence yet!

Do ittttttttttt!!

You'll be gutted if next time you check they are gone... image
  • Megan598Megan598 Posts: 126
    I totally love this!! Lauren what have you done? There's gonna be a sudden frenzy of brides to be making new emails image

I'm literally going to go and set myself up with one after I finish typing this! Aaaaahhh the excitement!!!!! image
    I AM RESISTING.

Why do I keep coming back to this thread?