Forum home Archived I got married in December 2012

6 months today!! Yay!

Hi girls - 6 months today i will be getting ready for the biggest day of my life so far! How exciting!! People keep telling me its going to fly by - and i suppose in a way it will my hen is only 4 months away! How is everyones planning goin?

xx

• Hi roast...

Wow, how exciting for you! I'm 7th december and everyone is saying now that it is going to zoom past!

What are you doing for your hen do? How is you planning going? Tell me a bit about your wedding. Are you having a Christmas theme??

Xxx
  • Ashley1370Ashley1370 Posts: 390
    Hi Ladies

I'm not till the 19th and everyone keeps telling me it will fly by but I think it probably will seen as it only seems like 2 mins since we were saying 'happy new year'.
  • hodgy-podgyhodgy-podgy Posts: 257
    Evening ladies

200 days to mine - 21st Dec, eeep! What has everybody organised? I swing between thinking I'm organised and mad panic that I have lots to do but no time!
  • Mrs BoundsMrs Bounds Posts: 1,311
    hodgy podgy we're date twins! so exciting image

how much do you have organised? i've done the main things but not much else! x

I'd love to hear all about your weddings ladies! xx
  • Roast0938Roast0938 Posts: 104
    It does feel like its going fast. I felt pretty organised, we have sorted venue which gave us a good package with DJ included, cake, bm dresses, wedding dress, photographer and given notice and handed in marriage licence. We are hoping to sort flowers out this weekend and our invites have been out a while. We are going for a red theme - I orginally had my heart set on navy blue, but thought as its christmas and OH supports Orient whose colours are red we would go for that one.

Since its dawned on me about how quick time is going and that i want most things wrapped up by middle of novemeber so we can chill - i have started to panic a bit about the smaller details but hoepfully it should all come together nicely!

How is everyone else getting on? Are you all still enjoying planning?

xxx
    that's really organised Roast well done! my invites aren't out yet, I think I'll wait until after my friend's wedding on 24th June to do those. Although I haven't even looked at designs yet or thought about timings for evening guests so should get a wiggle on!

We have booked the venue including DJ, booked the church (but not choir/ bell ringers yet although we want them) bought my dress, and then just little things like we bought one part of our centrepieces and one part of our favours while they were in the sale last jan.

We've seen the style of suits we like for the men, sticking point at the moment is the sparkly tie I want h2b to wear but he's not convinced!

but that's really it for the moment, i think 6 months and 2 weeks is plenty of time really! xx
  • racheltusracheltus Posts: 500
    Hi, Mine will be 6 months away this Friday its the 15th December...very exciting and scary...we decided to get married in December after a seriously long engagement. I have nearly everything sorted deposits paid etc now just actually have to pay for it image we are having a very warm rustic theme cant wait! happy planning ladies image
    that's great Rachel what have you booked? I'm very nosy about other people's December weddings lol! x
  • Naomi1984Naomi1984 Posts: 142
    Quoted:
    Hi, Mine will be 6 months away this Friday its the 15th December...very exciting and scary...we decided to get married in December after a seriously long engagement. I have nearly everything sorted deposits paid etc now just actually have to pay for it we are having a very warm rustic theme cant wait! happy planning ladies

Mine is December 15th too! 6 months today! How are your plans going?