Forum home Archived I got married in December 2012

church brides-hymns?

Does anyone know theirs yet?

With our service being in advent our priest has said no to any carols as its before christmas eve,sooo bang goes my idea of a mini carol concert! I love hymns but now stuck to what goes well for a wedding in dec! I like 'make me a channel of your peace' and 'guide me o thy great redeemer' Im allowed 'o come emmanuel' because its an advent hymn but dont know if they all go together?? Opinions would be appreciated ladies!! Thanks x x

• Mrs BoundsMrs Bounds Posts: 1,311
    Eeek i had hoped to have Christmas carols too, will ask my vicar! most of the hymns i like are kind of eastery type ones!
  • Did have my heart kinda set on carols but i understand where our priest is coming from so small change of plan, not sure if all churches are the same,or if some vicars/priests are more lenient but id check just to be on the safe side hun!x
  • Jennytay08Jennytay08 Posts: 693
    make me a channel of your piece is gorgeous.

My mum wants me to have one more step along the world i go (dont know the actual name...) I'm not convinced!
    i love one more step along the world i go... also quite fitting! I think i'm going that have that, so thank your mum for me image x
  • GemjemGemjem Posts: 270
    I had ....

Make me a channel of your peace

Love devine all love excellent

The love I have for you

Sing hosanna

And then bind us together and colours of day after our soloist sang ave Maria whilst we signed register .

If you can get your hands on a hymn book with sections some have ideas for wedding services and advent
  • Oh wow i forgot about 'one more step' the words are gorgeous arent they 'and its from the old i travel to the new,keep me travelling along with you' perfect! Quite upbeat too! Bubbah your hymns were fab! Colours of day reminds me of junior school we had to sing it all the time!! Your replies have made me feel less disappointed with the no carols,thanks ladies!!xx
    me to snowflake, thanks Bubbah i have book marked all your hymns, colours of day has really brought me back to primary school image
    this thread has put me in the best mood ever, thanks ladies image