Forum home Archived I got married in December 2012

Winter wedding cars?

If you are hiring a car to drive you around on the day, what have you chosen? Do you worry that if the weather is bad your car might not make it? And has this affected your choice? I'm a December 2013 Bride, but seeing as your weddings are not that far away now (eeeek! Exciting!!), I thought you'd be the best people to ask!! image

• Hi Lauren,

I wasn't fussed about having a car but my mum insisted, and sooo many companies said they wouldn't do weddings in winter because of the cars! Eventually we found a company that were fine (which worries me..i'm convinced they won't turn up!) I'm not sure what the car is..but it's pretty! I'll have a look to see if I have a pic xxx

• Hi mrsmack,

I'm having a vintage beauford for me and an imperial tourer for bms for our wedding on 29 dec (there are pics on my planning thread) have also hired a red London bus for the guests to travel to reception from church. I was worried about the cars in winter but the companies have reassured me that they will be fine. They said that they cope just like everything else in bad weather even tho they are older. Hope that helps! Xxx
  • NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    That's pretty Amy!!!

I don't really mind what it is - not fussed whether its vintage or modern, just after moving house and now being further away from my venue, I tho I I should probably have some type of car! My dress probably won't fit in my KA anyway haha xx
  • manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

We're not having a vintage car (they were going to charge £500 for a mile jouney!) I've gone for a Bentley, a new Bentley at that so I am hoping for heated seats!