Forum home Archived I got married in July 2013

July 27th's - 200 DAYS TO GO!

bloody hell that came round quick!

im just in the process of booking the ice cream van, finishing the ceter pieces, finishing my dress, doing the chair covery things, booking the transport, bouncy castle and deposit for the drag act. its all systems go! we're just sending the last of our invites (made a pdf version for chris' gaming mates) and am soon to start making his jacket as hes picked is cravat colour.

are you feeling stressed and pressured or is everything flowing nicely? 

what time are we all getting married? im 12:30 as we didnt want to waste a minute of the day

• y5c6y5c6 Posts: 467

Hi Nats... I am all systems go too, especially after realising how much we still have left to do...  find wedding rings (and buy them!), get flower girl & page boy outfits, shoes for bridesmaids, write vows, pick music, sort out some kids treat bags, buy 'thank you' gifts, book taxi's (I'm not having posh cars or anything... the venue is only 30 seconds up the road from the hotel!), get vaccinations for honeymoon, sort out a meal venue for our hen/stag do the night before... just to name a few.  Quite scary really!  I am working full time also plus doing home-study courses for my bookkeeping qualification so it is a very busy time for me anyway, let alone wedding planning.  Still... I'd be bored if I had nothing to doimage

We are getting married at 2pm... I am epileptic and my prime 'seizure time' is mornings when I am most tired so I am going to stay in bed for a bit and then get everyone else to do things for me so that I am not stressing out.  That is the most important thing for me on the big day... no stressing, just stay cool, calm and collected (and no spazzing out!!) image  Hopefully that won't happen and everything will go swimmingly image

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253

yeah, you need to keep yourself nice and calm. take your time. im telling my bm she has to be ready by an hour before we leave because her sense of timing is so bad (shes my sister so its ok to lie to her) and i will take the dogs out while everyone else is faffing so i can come bck to glass of somehting nice and just focus on getting me sorted. very plan like! no 6am starts, no rushing about, no being late-well we'll see i guess hehe

we're not having 'proper' wedding cars either. its a 30 min drive but even so it seemed very expensive. we've booked private hire cars as it wasnt much more than a taxi.

wow you sound like youve got the world and its mother on your shoulders, you will have relly deserved your honeymoon by the time it come!

im so excited by 199 days, feels really close now!

• y5c6y5c6 Posts: 467

Tell me about it!  It seemed like ages away when we were still saying "we get married next year", but all of a sudden its this year... and its not even a year away, its just 6 1/2 months away!!! image

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253

ive spent the afternoon covered in glitter for the centerpieces-love being able to do all these silly bit now!!