Booking a boudoir photo shoot??

Hi is anyone- getting married in june 2012 booking a boudoir photo shoot with nicola grimshaw-mitchell? I really want to, but not sure how far to try booking in advance? As i need 2 save up and as i'm so far away sort out travel arrangements ( cornwall - manchester) lol!!! Thanks Lizzy x

• hi lizzy! I had my shoot last year and I met a girl there who'd travelled up from Devon! She's so worth it though, you wont regret it - i just loved every minute of it! The girl I met had stayed in a local Travel Lodge but how far's the drive? What about flying?
  • Mrs ShakeMrs Shake Posts: 104
    Hi

Whats her prices like? Just looking at her website and I am very interested.

• Hi LouLouLeonards, thanks for your reply. I've looked at other people/companies alot nearer me- but fell in love with her work!! Looked into driving up but at 5 hours 30mins is way to long lol!! Train times about the same and very expensive, Cant really stay overnight as don't want OH to know i'm away/ up to anything lol!! Think flying is only option, trying to get flight times and shoot times to add up! Her prices are all on the website TemTem1234. Lizzy x
  • MrsS2be2012MrsS2be2012 Posts: 208
    Hi Lizzie... I'm a June 2012 bride and have just booked Nicola for April 30th... Cant wait!! I knew I wanted a Boudoir Shoot and like you, fell in love with her work! I like the way the prices are up front too so you know exactly what you get for your money, unlike a lot of other companies!

Unlike you I'm only a few hours away but I feel for you, it's horrible when you want to do something but have to work out the logistics of it!! I personally would drive or get a train, you may get good train prices if you book in advance!

Good luck xx
  • MrsS2be2012MrsS2be2012 Posts: 208
    Hi blarf! I'm going for the same package I think, is it the classic package? I can't wait either, I think it will be money well spent image
  • I would highly recommend Emma at Miss Boudoir, you get ALOT more image choice, and there are loads of different scenes to pick from , she makes you feel amazing! If anyone wants to see my review of the day then send me a message I'll send you a link to my blog on it, in my opinion my boudoir is just a cheaper version of http://www.missboudoir.com/ but Emma is much much better!! xxx
  • Hi

I'm getting married next June and am also thinking of booking with Nicola.

I live in London but also have a house in Yorkshire so it will only be a couple of hours from there (hopefully)

Just need to figure out an excuse for me to be up there without the H2B wondering what I'm up to !! image
  • Quoted:
    I would highly recommend Emma at Miss Boudoir, you get ALOT more image choice, and there are loads of different scenes to pick from , she makes you feel amazing! If anyone wants to see my review of the day then send me a message I'll send you a link to my blog on it, in my opinion my boudoir is just a cheaper version of http://www.missboudoir.com/ but Emma is much much better!! xxx

and yet ANOTHER copy of your nasty rant!!!! Thats a REALLY awful to say - loads of us on here have used Nicola and she's not a cheap version of anyone - she's a lovely lady, a great photographer and we all had amazing photos off her. Its a bit catty to belittle all of us that have spent our hard earned pennies on a shoot by saying basically it wasnt worth it!!!