Does anyone else feel this way??

There is just under 11 months to go, and most things that can be sorted in advance are sorted. Now I just have to wait!

I'm getting really impatient and wish we hadn't picked such a long engagement! We got engaged last August so its nearly 2 years to wait until w-day!

I'm really excited but everytime I so much as mention the wedding, H2B's Mum says "why are you thinking about that its a whole year away?!" I feel really guilty if I mention it but I think about it A LOT!

I wish 2012 would hurry up and get here!

• HappyMrsHHappyMrsH Posts: 336
    I hear you! I got engaged Christmas 2009 and have been planning for ages! It feels close now that it's just over a year away but I have to bite my tongue not to mention it constantly! image
  • There is nothing wrong with longer engagements...if anything I think it takes a little bit of the stress off! We got engaged Feb 2010 and set the date for 19th May 2012.....everyone was saying 'why are you waiting so long?'(in a light hearted way)

The main reason for waiting a while was because of our 2 and a half yr old daughter....it is tricky organising a wedding and being a full time mum/domestic goddess aswell.....and anyway....what's the hurry? If you love someone then that's all that matters and it will just make the forthcoming big day even more special for both of you image
  • MrsSaranneMrsSaranne Posts: 448
    I have less than 2 months to go but had a 2 year engagement. Looking forward to the day but very stressed now!!! image

Enjoy your planning it will come around quickly!!
  • MrsS2be2012MrsS2be2012 Posts: 208
    Snap!! We got engaged in Sept 2009 so it's a long wait. I also feel like I cant talk about wedding related things as i have bored everyone to death for nearly 2 years now image

I'm loving the wedding planning though and glad we started earlier as I'm able to have all the little things I want and have plenty of time to save... althought I'm conscious that this next year will fly!! image
  • We've been engaged for what seems like ages aswell lol! Think my family, friends and his must be very fed up by now, but is usefull to have so long to plan-aka look on here and ebay constantly to find new must have items and ideas!! Lizzy x image
  • MrsBreese2BMrsBreese2B Posts: 483
    It does feel like forever away doesn't it? We've only been engaged since February, but all we've got organised so far is the venue and the videographer so I've still got lots to do. I am dragging some things out on purpose to make sure I'm doing lots of wedding stuff over the next 11 months.

Roll on next year!!!
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    I wish I was saying 11 months to go!! Still got just over a year. Got engaged in October 2009, so it will be nearly 3 years when we get married! Eek.

We booked the wedding in October 2010 and the last 10 months have flown by, so fingers crossed the same will happen with the next 10. xx
  • Mi-LiMi-Li Posts: 71
    Yep! Feeling is most certainly mutual! I've made all my invites with everyones addresses ready to post at christmas! I'm in a total lul right now, and i'm not quite sure what more i can do!