Forum home Archived I got married in June 2012

Passport arrived as MRS ! very excited

My new passport just arrived as Mrs Gibson im very excited now not long to go dress fitting booked for next friday 73 days to go x

• How exciting!

I didn't know you could apply for a passport in your married name before actually getting married - how does that work then?
  • mrs gmrs g Posts: 193
    you can change your passport 3 months before your wedding was really easy form to who ever is marrying you to sign and attach to your form i sent mine off and had it back a week later the passport starts the day of the wedding , first bit of post as mrs!
  • NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835
    Thats so exciting! Must make it feel more real now image
  • mrslane2bmrslane2b Posts: 1,205
    How exciting!, I wish I had done that. I've already booked our honeymoon in my maiden name! image
  • Quoted:
    you can change your passport 3 months before your wedding was really easy form to who ever is marrying you to sign and attach to your form i sent mine off and had it back a week later the passport starts the day of the wedding , first bit of post as mrs!

Can you still use your 'old' passport up until the wedding?
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Can you still use your 'old' passport up until the wedding?
    javascript:void(0);

no thats the only thing but mine was due to run out in june anyway and no holidays planned before the wedding!
  • NicH2B12NicH2B12 Posts: 164
    Gutted i didn't realise this before we booked our honeymoon. image

On a better note we actually picked our seats for our honeymoon flight today. Yay. image

74 days to go.

Nic xxx
    Quoted:
    Gutted i didn't realise this before we booked our honeymoon.

On a better note we actually picked our seats for our honeymoon flight today. Yay.

74 days to go.

Nic xxx

Me to when you flying out ?
  • ceejay234ceejay234 Posts: 92
    My new passport arrived this week as well - it was very exciting to get post in my new name image
  • Can you still use your 'old' passport up until the wedding?javascript:void(0);

no thats the only thing but mine was due to run out in june anyway and no holidays planned before the wedding!

That's a shame - we're getting married abroad - looks like I'll have to stay a 'Miss' until we're back.

Not totally sure about becoming a Mrs anyway but the passport thing may lend weight to my 'we ought to go on a really fancy holiday as a 'proper' honeymoon for our first anniversary' argument though...
  • georgiamh84georgiamh84 Posts: 128
    Ahhh, yay for your new passport! I'm still waiting for mine to come back, hope it comes in time image I hadn't planned to change mine until afterwards but OH got a bit carried away and booked the honemoon in our married names!