My dress has arrived!!!! With pics (now I finally know how to post them!!)

Tried 'my', dress on for the first time yesterday - not having an actual fitting until 28th May as I am loosing weight!

When I was measured in September I was a size 16, and asked to buy the dress in a 12!!!!!

I had to sign a disclaimer - to order it 2 sizes smaller. But been loosing weight and wanted to try it on to see how I was going - it FITS!!!!! Can't believe it!!!

I also had a wobble about the dress a few weeks ago - but after trying my actual dress on yesterday, the wobbles have gone and I love it again!

So, now I now how to add pics - here they are!!!!!!!!!

Hope these all work!!

• It looks lovely! Well done on the weight loss!!
  • Wow very pretty! And congratulations on the weight loss, very brave to order it much smaller than you were, but clearly it paid off!
  • thirdthingthirdthing Posts: 582
    What an incredibly beautiful dress, you look lovely in it and your h2b is going to be stunned!

• JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    It's looks fab and well done on the weight loss! image
  • kaelaokaelao Posts: 53
    You look gorgeous! I have the same dress!!! I got very excited when I just saw it there. I'm having a wobble tho as mine was ordered in a huge size that is too big (was at time but said I needed it for my bust) so I'm hoping I can have it taken in lots fingers crossed!

I wasn't going to have a veil but I'm looking at yours now and it's beautiful!!!
  • manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756
    Oh lovely dress!! Well done on your weight loss image You look amazing!
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    wow-i actually actually really really like your dress and you look stunning in it!

Samantha Brick eat your heart out heheimage
  • Jozzie73Jozzie73 Posts: 117
    Wow what a stunning dress,well done on your weight loss!! Xx
  • marciahaganmarciahagan Posts: 242
    Thank you everyone - can't wait to get my hair and make-up done properly now, and I haven't chosen a tiara yet either (just tried a few in the pics) An of course a little tan, since i look the same colour as the dress!

Just booked our honeymoon too, to the Maldives - cannot wait to go!

kaelao - that is so exciting you have the same dress!!!!! What colour did you go for? Mine is white - I am not sure if you can tell in the pics, I initially told my mum when she came to see it that I would buy it in ivory of course, then she saw me and and said no - get the white!! Hardly anyone these days gets white! I also loved the pink, but only seen it in pics so wasn't sure, but love love my dress. I also did not actually want a veil at all - but when I tried it on, because it is sparkly with swarovski all over it just looked amazing - so now have a cathedral full length veil now!! To be honest, that is how I picked the dress colour in the end, because the veil looked so good with it!

All very exciting! I booked my wedding 3 years in advance, it felt like an eternity away - and now it is 12 weeks tomorrow - honestly, where has the time gone????? (that means 12 weeks and a few days to the Maldives!)

I also booked a boudoir shoot yesterday for a present for my husband to be. It is with Nicola Grimshaw Mitchell outside Manchester - I am in Glasgow so it is going to take me 3.5 hours to drive, but heard so many good things on here about her. So far she has been amazing, emailing me immediately etc... her before and after section is brilliant - H2B will love this and wont expect it either!! That is at the end of May, so I can loose a little more weight, then a few days later is my dress fitting.

This is all so very surreal - can't believe it is all happening so very soon.....
  • MrsNunwaMrsNunwa Posts: 599
    Wow u look so beautiful !

Love your dress hunny.

Well done on your weight loss, how are you losing your weight Hun? Healthy eating?
  • Hurray and congrats! Your shoot will be worth it, I had one done for my now hubby and he was speechless! Mainly because I had done it (I hate my body) and secondly because I had done it for him!! Cue lots of nice things for me forever as I clocked up oodles of brownie points lol!!
  • wifey83wifey83 Posts: 151
    You look amazing in your dress...well done...your hard work has paid off!! Bet you can't wait to wear it!! image x
  • marciahaganmarciahagan Posts: 242
    I am really looking forward to the shoot - love how the photos are sexy and not at all smutty!

I lost the weight by joining a private gym - is costs a fortune, I wont lie, but I have a personal trainer who I go to when I want.

Initially I kept a diary of what I ate and my energy levels before I ate - from that he could see that I wasn't eating enough - yes, that's right - I wasn't eating enough! I would basically be really low in energy (2 out of 10 in a scale), and I would crave carbohydrates - eat loads and feel sleepy. This all made sense once pointed out, as when am hungry I want bread, pasta, chocolate etc...

So the other thing was, I am at uni and do shift work also - so it is important that I don't starve, get low energy and then pig out on the wrong things. Now, I eat 5 times a day, to keep my energy levels up (never below 7 now), and I have a bad day a week where I can eat anything I want (usually a chocolate day! As I would eat chocolate every day before).

The kind of exercises I do, needs alot of protein on my diet to re-pare any damage done when I do work outs, and it just so happens, that eating more protein curbs any carbs being craved for! If I am having carbs, I eat very little, usually in the morning/afternoon so it gets burned off during the day, and leave any rich carb meals for my bad day. I just replace rice and potatoes with veg.

Finally - I am doing a variety of training now, and have increased the amount I go (as it is less than 3 months tot the wedding!). I usually go to the gym and run, then do weights and some work on the mats on the floor. I also do a circuit training class with an ex-footballer! So it is really good, and just started a cycling class today (although my bum is killing me!). I go swimming after every session, and also do a longer swimming session another day - so I am there 4 times a week.

I feel so much better, and I didn't fancy a diet that will only last so long - I really wanted a lifestyle change. To be honest, I don't feel like it has been that difficult, and it is defo something I will stick with! I even intend to go to the gym very early in the morning on holiday - and will probably swim all day!! Just love being in the water!

Although I started by saying the gym costs a fortune - it is well worth it, I will remain a member there, and I don't really miss the money as I am getting full use out of it.

Just to get my dress on the other day and It actual fitted - made it well worth it!!
  • WOW! You look amazing in your dress and congratulations on your weight loss : ) Sure you will love your NGM shoot, had mine march 22nd anD loved every minute of it!! I would love to save up and go again now lol XX
  • SP2013SP2013 Posts: 857
    Wow you look great in your dress! Well done on the weight loss! Good luck on your shoot, sounds like great fun!
  • Gorgeous dress!! image x