Emotional times

Hi Ladies,

Its 10 weeks today until our wedding day and i have cried none stop for the past 3 days!! Nothing to do with the wedding!

3 weeks before the wedding we are having to move in with H2Bs parents as our house will not be ready to move into until Sept. They are lovely people but i feel terrible as i work shifts so when on nights i will be trying to sleep during the day in their house etc. Plus to make matters worse i'm rehoming my gorgeous 5 1/2 year old dog which i have been thinking about now for a year. We can not give him the time he needs due to work commitments etc and he is going to a fantastic home where he will get all the love and attention he needs but its just so hard to accept that its now happening. They are picking him up tomorrow and i know i wont be able to compose myself when handing him over.

So we will be homeless newlyweds!!! Ahhh. image

Nic xxx

• Aww don't be sad! Just think how good everything will be eventually. Your dog will have the love it needs and you and hubby will have a beautiful home. Look to the future and be glad of the things to come xx
  • Katie8668Katie8668 Posts: 442
    I had to give a dog up due to not having the time to spend with him. I broke my heart when I handed him over, and sat crying on the kitchen floor for hours afterwards. It is very hard but you are doing what is best for him image
  • beesbees Posts: 835
    Nothing to add really but sending hugs. It must be so hard saying goodbye to a much loved pet. xx
  • kye83kye83 Posts: 582
    I really feel for you and do understand. Me and the OH finally moved into our home in December after years of renovating. I don't have the best relationship with my family and had to move in with friends mid renovations and give my dog to a breed rescue charity.

It wasn't nice at all and I went through a period of being very unwell, but we now have a fabulous home and are so happy in it. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Just keep strong, your happy times aren't far away. Xx
  • MrsLightyMrsLighty Posts: 466
    Really sorry to hear about your doggy image But as you say, what you're doing is for the best, as hard as it is now.

If it makes you feel any better, we are homeless newlyweds! (Well not so newlywed now, as we will have been married a year next week!) We had our house on the market for ages and finally got a buyer at the start of the year, but there's nothing suitable for us to buy at the moment, so we've had to move back in with my parents image just trying to think it's the next step in our lives and only temporary, but it's difficult as we don't even have an end point in sight until we find somewhere image xxx
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    i afraid i no help but really feeling feel for you.

i think you've every right to cry right now but remember happier times are coming to you all
  • mrs gmrs g Posts: 193
    Sending a big hug you are doing right by your dog but know how hard it is x
  • NicH2B12NicH2B12 Posts: 164
    Thank you very much for the replies and all the hugs.

Well Louis has now gone. I cried this morning thinking about it and getting his things together but actually held it together when he was going until they drove out of the road then i just went to pot. But i know he is going to be fine and can visit as and when as his new family are work friends.

Nic xxx
  • MrsLightyMrsLighty Posts: 466
    Nic, it shows how strong you are that you held it together whilst actually giving him away. You have every right to be upset, I think you're actually a very strong lady image Best wishes and hugs xxx