Daily update thread

Ladies,

As most of us only have one monthish to go i thought i would create a thread where we can each update what little bits we are doing, questions etc etc. I thought this would be fun to see where we are all up to in the count down to each others big day. image

The guys went today for their suit fittings. Ive got my dress fitting on Tuesday and the bridesamaids have their dress fittings on Wednesday.

Going to Spain next Sat and the following weekend is my hen weekend and the weekend after that we tavel to Somerset for a friends wedding.

Oh forgot to mention that i today paid 90% of the total bill for the venue....money, money,money!!!

Sooo close. image

Nic xxx

• Sam0407Sam0407 Posts: 489
    Im having a really stressful day image turns out that i have forgotten to send invites to 5 people that had been invited verbally! I feel aweful grrrr i thought i was doing so well with staying on track but i seem to be failing miserably image
  • NowMrsWoodNowMrsWood Posts: 438
    Hey!!! We have paid off all of our outstanding balances now - phew!!

We met with our caterers on Friday to go through the final menu decisions and numbers etc.

Went and bought the cake ribbon today as my Auntie is making the cake.

Meeting with the florist next Saturday

Final dress fitting on 24th and then Hen weekend in Bath 25th-27th - whoop! image
  • mrs gmrs g Posts: 193
    Just returned from hen night and feeling rough but had an a amazing night ! meeting with registrar on wed and hen night part 2 on 19th its go go go now x
  • lindsayg907lindsayg907 Posts: 85
    Hi Ladies, still to pay photographer, florist, coaches and make-up girl (on the day) Myself and bridesmaids have been for first fitting, next one is at the end of the month, so is the wedding rehearsal. Have to give venue final numbers soon and get table plan sorted out.

Exactly one month tomorrow for me, can't believe it's almost here! Hope everyone else is doing well and not stressing out over it all too much image
  • hairy_fairy87hairy_fairy87 Posts: 342
    I'm not loving my Sister in law to be!

Sent out a text message over a month an a half ago telling my Hens I need the money for the Hen Night. Everyone has given me theirs other then her. She asked two of her friends to go (I do know one of them but never met the other girl) Anyway H2B has been calling her most days she kept saying she would bring the money around the next day!

She did bring it around yesterday but really moaned to h2b's mum and dad about him calling her. I feel like telling her not to come. I get the feeling her doesn't think i'm good enough for her brother.

Never mind I get to order my hen sashes!
  • Had my banns read for the third, and final, time today! And met the organist to discuss music so now have decided and can print order of service! And my confetti arrived in the post yesterday.

Every day seems to bring another tick on the to do list at the moment.. Was in a complete tizz a week ago. I feel the next few weeks are going to go from high to low non-stop.
    hair trail today what you do you think will be all coloured again before the wedding so ignore the roots and band will be hidden under my hair !

• Lovely! One from the front? Would love to see the tiara!
    Quoted:
    Lovely! One from the front? Would love to see the tiara!

didnt have one from front
  • misssmile83misssmile83 Posts: 116
    Hello girlies - well we heard our bans for the second time today and we paid off the church £450 - a bug debt but it's done now - 27 days to go for me!
  • I love that tiara, I originally bought heirloom of pearl (same but with pearls) but have changed my mind.
  • Just returned home last night from my hen do in Edinburgh and the bad weather held off for us Yey! Had a great time with 9 girls in total and my Bridesmaids planned a great weekend.

Today's job for the bank holiday is the table plan as now we have had all rsvp's back and I need to do some exercise as after the weekend just gone I feel SO unhealthy!
  • Kchristie3Kchristie3 Posts: 248
    Hiya girls , I've got my first dress fitting on Wednesday , can't wait it's been a while image .

Paid church last week and my h2 b had to pick me off the floor after we found out the total 640 ( can you believe that ) . Only thing left to do is table plan and order of service image
    I have finally recieved the order of service from the minister image Now i need to get cracking on making them. Just waiting to hear back on a few rsvp and then i can order the table plan.
    When should you have order of service from the vicar , I'm lost with this one thing to do image
    Have you given him your choices on wording and songs? if you have i suggest you give him a call and chase him up on it.

On another note i have just ordered my tableplan and candyfloss tree sign image
    double post sorry
  • NicH2B12NicH2B12 Posts: 164
    We took my 3 year old nephew for his suit fitting today. He looked so sweet. Ive got my dress fitting tomorrow and then me and 2 of my sisters are off into town dress shopping for my hen do which is just under 2 weeks away now. Very excited now image

Nic xxx
  • misssmile83misssmile83 Posts: 116
    Me 2 - I'm lost how to make an order of service - I'm not creative at all ! And how many will I need for 70 guests - 15 kids ? - more present wrapping tomorrow - plus side I tried out my new hot tub - lush !!!
    I've given the vicar all details so I'd better give him a call , only 6 weeks to go ...eeeek !!!
  • LorraineT2012LorraineT2012 Posts: 129
    I spent the weekend making wedding bits! Favours, table plan, table names, sorting the table games, printed up the table plan for venue and got all the details finalised and over to them plus list to the photographer. Phew.! No wonder I feel shattered! Next weekend is party for my daughters 1st birthday, then 19th/20th is hen do, then ill be having hair cut and coloured following weekend then its my wedding! EEEK! So excited!
  • charlottemuntcharlottemunt Posts: 316
    Crap, I still have so much to do! Have to finish my flowers, finish my veil, print off table plan...Im' sure there are lots of other things I have forgotten all about.

STRESSFUL!

Spa cottage hen weekend on 8th June which I'm so looking forward to - need it!
  • NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835
    Hi all!

What a great idea this thread is image

I had my hen do this weekend and it was amazing!! They dressed me up as minnie mouse!

Going round to my parents next weekend to sort out the table plan, not looking forward to the politics of that!!

Also, got my final dress fitting on Thursday!! image
  • PandaHandsPandaHands Posts: 364
    we have to make our order of services ourselves. spent all last night typing it up. really confusing trying to figure out where everything had to go and which bits had to be back to back. h2b looked at it and said to write instructions for him when he prints them round a freinds house.

he is also doing all venue decorations. i've got boxes and strange shaped things with blankets coverering them every where.

only things for me to do is make bows for church (cant do that till closer)

have my hair trial (hairdresser is still on holiday)

book in to have eyelashes done

3 sun bed sessions just to get a glow (never use sunbeds and they go against all my principles but i will not look pale or tangoed)

need to get gifts aswell

think that is everything

edit to say. currently having trouble with 1 bridesmaid. she still does not have any shoes or jewelary as she keeps cancelling. she will be barefoot at this rate.

only 25 days to go
  • Soon2BeMrsHSoon2BeMrsH Posts: 62
    Picked up our wedding rings yesterday, cant wait to start wearing it!

Still waiting for my dress to come in so i can have my first fitting and waiting for the bridesmaid dresses to be ready (we designed them)
  • NicH2B12NicH2B12 Posts: 164
    I had my first dress fitting today. image It went really well and needs taking in slightly too. Realised the strapless bra i had bought to go under the dress didnt sit very well and have now changed it for another. Went dress shopping too with my sisters for a dress for my hen which is just over a week away. Got 3 days left in work and then off to Spain for 5 days.. yay!
    Got my dress fitting tomorrow so gave my workout at gym a extra boost tonight lol image
  • Soon2BeMrsHSoon2BeMrsH Posts: 62
    Do you have to wear something under your dress (bra, corset etc)?
  • MrsYoungMrsYoung Posts: 404
    MrsH - I had brought a bra but dress didn't fit properly with it so now I am going without eek!

Everything pretty much done here - just waiting for table plan and OOS from the printers then think that's it!
  • NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835
    Im not wearing a bra coz the dress holds me.

Final dress fitting tomorrow!!