Given the wrong dress!!!

Yes ladies it could only happen to me.

Over the past 2 days we have moved house and i am on night shifts so to say i am very tired is an understatement.

Today i went for my final dress fitting and took my dress!

I got home and OH mum asked to have a peek. I opened the zip only to see someone else's dress in the bag!!! image

There was another lady having a fitting at the same time and i had been given her dress. I get married 2 weeks tomorrow and the shop is closed until Thursday!!! Ahhhh.

Have to wait until then to try to sort it out but feel sick. imageimageimage

Nic xxx

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    gosh, hope the other woman doesnt get married before you!

hold tight, itl be the longest 4 days of your life but keep busy and itl pass and you can be reunited with your dress once more. be a good one to tell the grand children on their wedding countdowns image
  • NicH2B12NicH2B12 Posts: 164
    Thanks hun. This dress had a tag on for the other bride with her name and contact details and so i called her and informed her. She doesnt get married until July however she is furious that the shop have given her dress away! Hopefully get it sorted on Thursday as they are closed Wednesday aswell.

Nic xxx
  • kathryncr27kathryncr27 Posts: 297
    Oh Nic! Dear me, how careless of them to give you someone else's dress! At least it'll all be sorted on Thursday, it's frustrating though. Try and take your mind off it for now, you'll be reunited in a few days! xx
  • And look at it this way...it's probably better that they gave u someone elses dress, rather than giving someone else your dress. They could have been trying it on with make up and sweaty armpits and all sorts! At least you know yours is all save and clean in the shop! Now...off you go to try on the other lady's dress! Lol!! image
  • NicH2B12NicH2B12 Posts: 164
    Haha Lindos Bride very good way to have looked at it.

All is well now as they contacted me today and opened the shop to allow me to swap the dresses and so my dress is now hanging in y wardrobe safe and sound!

13 days until i can wear it. Thanks for your words of advice Ladies.

Nic xxx
  • tripqueentripqueen Posts: 222

Whoops!! Hope the shop offers you both something in the way of compensation! image