Help I dont know what I need to sort ..

Hi All,

I am getting married 15th June 2013. So far i have just booked my venue.

But am not really sure what I need to do and when..

My mother gets a little too much for me and my partners mother lets say is not over the moon about the wedding so doesnt want to know.

Please can some just help me and give me some tips all helps ladies!!

Thanks image

• Hi

It is a bit daunting if you don't have anyone to ask!

The main thing I would say you need to do if you haven't already done so is to speak to the registry office in the borough you are getting married in or check with your church etc that they are able to perform your ceremony on the day

• Megan598Megan598 Posts: 126
    Hi!! Don't worry, we're all here to help each other! image Congratulations by the way!!! I'm a June bride too image

Okay, are you getting married at your venue? If not then look at booking where you'd like to be married at image Also, I'd say start looking at transport and a photographer as they can get booked up well in advance image Then after that you could move on to things like catering or entertainment image

Is there anyone that could assist you in looking at and booking things? h2b or maybe some friends/your bridesmaids? image

Do some research and have a look around and see what you like and what you can afford, and go from there image

I hope that helps a little bit image

xxxxxxxx
  • mrs2beemrs2bee Posts: 27
    If you are looking to have a band then I would definately recommend starting to look for one now and getting it booked as good bands are snapped up really quick, especially for summer dates! Good luck with it all xx
  • Hi

Bless it is all daunting like i must admit x our wedding is on the 20th april 2013 and must admit im excited but nervous about making sure ive got everything covered.totally agree with nearly mrsL image once the two main things are booked its a case of doing the easier things x have a look for when theres a wedding fayre near you as they are brilliant for getting ideas i went to one on sunday and now having the photo booth for the night do as they are fantastic image x if your weddings next year then u could always order save the dates so people know in advsnce of your big day image ive just ordered mine off ebay which they are magnetic and only cost £18 including delivery x
  • Hi Ladys thanks EVER so much.. I am getting married in the venue and they cover all the food for main meal and the buffett on a night..

I shall call the registar office this week and book them too..

How much is a photogrpher as I have had a look around and there all like £1500 but everyone I speak to seems to think this is way to much..??

I am suck for ideas on entertainment...

I really like Megan598 idea about passing jobs out taking the stress of me. what types of jobs would you say giving them..??

sorry so many questions..

thanks again ladies.

xx
  • OOOOPS.. also a MASSIVE CONGRATS to you ladies too image Xxx
  • I haven't given any jobs out yet but I think that's because i like being in control. lol. image

I work at a wedding venue so I had quite a good idea of what is needed but the first thing me and H2B did was sit down and write a list of everything we thought we would want and need and then put a rough budget against each thing.

As you've got the venue, food & drink done I would make a list of everything else you want to look at.

Here's a quick look at mine (although not complete)

Dress (most important image )

Suits

Bridesmaids dresses

Flowers

Venue decoration/centrepieces etc

Cake

Photographer

DJ

Transport

Stationary & invites

Accommodation (if venue is not a hotel)

Hair and make up

Favours

It all depends on what you want. All the things I want are coming in at quite a lot so I'm trying to save money by making invitations. I'm not getting married until May 2013 but i just bought all the stuff to make all our stationary and this is saving us around £200. I'm also looking a making our own centrepieces as decoration companies charge quite alot, although you might prefer to use a company as it means less stress.

I don't know where you live but I just booked tickets to go to the national wedding fair. I thought this might give me ideas and be quite fun. There is one in London and one in Birmingham.

I think I have rambled on a bit here but I hope it helps.

xx
  • Thanks MrsL..

I like the idea of making my own centrepieces (Have it the way i like he he)

i shall be going home and starting my list off image xx
  • Megan598Megan598 Posts: 126
    Quoted:
    Hi Ladys thanks EVER so much.. I am getting married in the venue and they cover all the food for main meal and the buffett on a night.. I shall call the registar office this week and book them too.. How much is a photogrpher as I have had a look around and there all like £1500 but everyone I speak to seems to think this is way to much..?? I am suck for ideas on entertainment... I really like Megan598 idea about passing jobs out taking the stress of me. what types of jobs would you say giving them..?? sorry so many questions.. thanks again ladies. xx

With the photographer it depends on what you want, a lot of them do 'packages' so you'd pay more if you wanted an album with it, or if you wanted more than one photographer on the day. We're having one photographer on the day and having all our pictures put on a CD, then we can do an album ourselves if we want to, and it worked out cheaper this way, and we're paying £450 for that. See what photographers you like and have a chat with them and go from there image

Entertainment wise you could have a band or a DJ or something, there are loads of options image We're just having a disco in the evening image

Maybe your friends could help you with bits like making up invitations, things you feel comfortable having a bit of help with image

xxx