Forum home Archived I got married in June 2013

29th June 2013

We are getting married on 29th June 13 - I see a few other of you are too!

I cannot wait it seems ages away image

• Loralys1Loralys1 Posts: 52
    Hey Date twin....

How are you doing with your planning??

436 days to go...

I've got my dress

Reception and church booked

Cars booked

Invites and Orders of service are done but not the inserts

Bridesmaid dresses (but not 100% decided on BM's yet...the dresses were too cheap to miss out on though!!)

Mum mum has been amazing and I would probably not have done most of these things without her!!
  • I'm actually 28th June 2013, but close enough! So excited!

We've booked our venue and photographer so far. Feels like we're a long way behind everyone else, but only been engaged a month.
  • Hi Ladies,

Wow your doing better than me! I am so excited though!!

So far I have booked the:

church

venue

Band for the night do

photographer ~(I really wanted this guy)

Had my lovely save the date cards with magnets on the front I love them just need to add an insert in and going to post them to arrive 30th June this year image

My auntie makes cakes so she is doing mine as a gift she said it will take her 8 months just to make all the flowers!

I ordered my dress last weekend too after trying loads on ended back at the first shop but I think its a process you have to go through to make sure.

Booked the florist

I have got lots to but think its a bit soon for some bits as I have adult and teenage bm's whos sizes may change so am ordering the dresses around Nov time and I think I am a bit picky in choosing other bits too!

We are going to make all our stationary too and leave the inserts to the last minute, I do have lots of ideas what I want and am going to keep buying bits and putting them away.

Lisa x
  • Loralys1Loralys1 Posts: 52
    Its not as much of a strain on finances if you buy some bits and put them away for later. We keep buying little bits and pieces and if we don't use them I'm going to eBay them afterwards.

I don't know where you're based but if you're making your own stationary I'd recommend looking at a place called Kanban...

They are paper manufacturers and are based in Shipley (nr Bradford)

I've not looked online at their stuff but they have a factory outlet shop in Shipley (I'll find the address if you're interested) and you can get a huge box and fill it with any of the paper they have there for a set price.

I think the most expensive box is £20 and its A4 and about 20-30cm's high.

I think all in all we spent about £40 for all our paper/card and we've got tonnes left over!

I just can't bear the though of spending hundreds of pounds on stationary when most people I know would just chuck an invite away (not me, I'm a saddo and keep all the invites I get!)

Lora x
  • LB292013LB292013 Posts: 271
    Im the 29th june 13 too, i am super excited, driving my h2b round the bend! We have booked

registry office

reception

car

photography

flowers

and i have brought loads of bits.

I think the dress is next on my list but i really dreading that bit....
  • dizzydanni88dizzydanni88 Posts: 124
    Hey girlies, Im a 29th June 2013 bride too image so exciting to have a countdown now image

So far have my dress on order

Church booked

Reception venue booked

Photographer booked - with engagement shoot soon yay!

meeting with florist next month

Favours bits bought (mums making homemade jams and marmalade, so have got mini jam jars with cute fabric lids)

Sweetie jars and scoops bought

Some venue decorations bought

Saving some bits for later in the year, planning to go to the sept/October wedding show for bridesmaid dress ideas, shoes etc.

Have also started growing our own lavender to see how it goes, didnt realise it took so long hehe. Want to have lavender bunches for place names so will use some of our own.

Where are you all from? uk weddings or abroad? and has anyone chosen a theme yet?

Ours is vintage country garden with lace, pearls, lavender and greenery.

Danni x
  • Mrst2be2013Mrst2be2013 Posts: 27
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks Lora for the stationary link I did have a look but I have ordered all my invite stuff from the Cranberry Card Company I have my own small business so was able to open a trade account and I got all the blank pocketfolds for the day, boxes, place cards, card, paper everything from there. I also got some nice purple damask and am using purple ribbon and diamonte hearts I got off ebay for the invites. I got everything for a fraction of the cost to have someone make them I will put pictures up when they are finished.

Danni I am from West Yorks and am getting married in the same area we live I will do a planning thread when I have got a little more done and show you all my ideas so far. My office is packed full of stuff you can get some excellent stuff of ebay girls, I never much bothered before but have found some fantastic stuff!!

Lisa x
  • Hello! I'm also 29th June! So far I have:

Venue ( a lot comes with our venue)

DJ

Piper

Dress

Photographer

Wedding cake

Wedding rings

Decided on invites, just need to order

Hairdresser booked

Makeup artist booked

Decided on bridesmaid dresses

Decided on favours

MIL is making centre pieces

Super organised, but still feel stressed lol xx
  • Oh also forgot, the humanist is booked :d
  • Hey ladies

I am new to this forum malarkey what a great place to share worries/emotions/excitement!!

i am getting married on the 29th june next year isn't it exciting that we are nearly a year away?

i have a deposit down on my dress just battling with my weight at the moment petrified that im not gonna lose before my first fitting.

positives though!! Venue is booked, as is the registrar and all the other bits are sorted just save save saving now.

We are paying for everything ourselves as we don't want to take for granted that our families will help. Struggling with the honeymoon at the mo as we wanted guests to help as gifts but cant really afford to book something before. I hope we can all share on here i feel like im boring my friends lol
  • Hi Ladies, guess what? I'm getting married on 29th June 2013 too! Very excited and so glad to have found this forum to save me from driving my friends and h2b completely mad! Looks like I've got some catching up to do though as so far we have only booked the church and venue, although we have a friend doing the photography and my best friend's dad is in a band so they are going to play at the reception, so that's two other things ticked off the list. Next on the list is stationary, closly followed by caterer and dress shopping... eeeek! We've decided to make our own stationary and have found a website called 'Imagine Doing It Yourself' http://www.imaginedoingityourself.co.uk/, I love everything they've got, we've ordered some samples so waiting to see what they're like before chosing anything for definite. I really love the 'Beatrice' collection but h2b thinks it's too girly which I can understand, the other collection we quite like is 'Cameo Pink' with pearl embellishments instead of the cameo, again still quite girly but not flowery so h2b is happy with that! I'm a girly girl so pretty blush pink flowers, lace and pearls is the look I'm going for with a bit of vintage style thrown in.... wow writing it all down like this is making it all the more exciting!!!
  • Mrs BoundsMrs Bounds Posts: 1,311
    wow girls... i'm a total gatecrasher but i get married more than 6 months before you and you're putting me to shame with all the things you have done already! well done! xx
  • dizzydanni88dizzydanni88 Posts: 124
    Quoted:
    Hey ladies

I am new to this forum malarkey what a great place to share worries/emotions/excitement!!

i am getting married on the 29th june next year isn't it exciting that we are nearly a year away?

i have a deposit down on my dress just battling with my weight at the moment petrified that im not gonna lose before my first fitting.

positives though!! Venue is booked, as is the registrar and all the other bits are sorted just save save saving now.

We are paying for everything ourselves as we don't want to take for granted that our families will help. Struggling with the honeymoon at the mo as we wanted guests to help as gifts but cant really afford to book something before. I hope we can all share on here i feel like im boring my friends lol

we're in the same boat, also getting married 29th (eeekk image ) but really struggling with the honeymoon thing and wanted to set up a honeymoon fund type thing but dont think we can afford to book something before either. Hoping to sit down and think about how much we can put aside for this/save. Let me know how u get on xx
  • Update on mine!

Booked our cars today, and our Harpist! Also bought my underwear & my  headband today image

xx

• I just got the best surprise for my H2B! i have arranged for an old football legend from his club, to collect him in the car in the morning! He won't know until he comes out the house and sees him standing at the car! image

• katiejanexkatiejanex Posts: 15

im a june 29th 2013 bride too!
    cant beleive how quick it is coming round!
    hope everyones planning is going well.
    xxx

• Mrs BoundsMrs Bounds Posts: 1,311
    Ellis11135Bride wrote (see)

I just got the best surprise for my H2B! i have arranged for an old football legend from his club, to collect him in the car in the morning! He won't know until he comes out the house and sees him standing at the car! image

wow how did you do that?!

• He works along side my dad now, he's retired from football now, so he asked him image
  • Canary25Canary25 Posts: 51

Oooh I'm 29 June 2013 I am getting slightly stressed looking at how much everyone has done already!! You girls are so organised!

So far I've done- 

Venue
    Chapel
    Photographer
    Florist
    Band
    Cake maker
    Bought a few bits for sweetie table
    Decided on save the dates (friend is a graphic designer and is sorting them)

Nowhere near deciding on a dress/colour scheme tho! I've got some bridal appointments next week so fingers crossed

• susi1979susi1979 Posts: 78

Hello!

I'm 296h June 2013 too!

So far I have booked the venue and bought my dress. http://www.essensedesigns.com/dress-D1367

We are getting married abroad, in Calella de Palafrugell. We are using a wedding planner so are nearly organised with the dj and officiant for the ceremony.

I'm thinking of getting my flowers from silk blooms http://www.silkblooms.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_6

I'm panicing slightly about save the dates, as people have to book thier flights and accomidation soon so feel i need to get them out asap. I have a friend who is quite crafty and she has offered to help so should get them sorted this week.

I havent picked a colour scheme yet as im waiting to see what colours suit my bridesmaids. Going to London next month to look at dresses for them, but am thinking about Vivienne of Holloway circle dresses for them.

• Hi!

How great is it to have a date! Ours is set for 26th June 2013 and its in tuscany.

I've had a look at silk blooms after a recommendation from a friend, the woman who owns it seems very friendly. My friend is getting married today so i can see what the flowers look like later, hope they are good quality or i'll have to start the search all over again!

kim x

• I'm going to a florist this weekend!! Quite excited about that! Not sure if I am going to go with Silk or Real! I don't need too much anyway as the venue is doing out Center pieces, so really its just By flowers, Bridesmaids, Buttonholes! What else is there??

can't believe how quick its coming in! It only feels like last month I was saying its 18 months away, and now we are at 11 months!! eeek xxx

• susi1979susi1979 Posts: 78

How is everyone getting on?

Bobley, what did you think of your friends flowers? did they look good? My mate used Silk blooms, but her bouquets were all quite basic as she wanted to keep them plain. (still beautiful though!  I'm keen to hear how other brides' bouquets turned out!

I bought my bridesmaids dresses at the weekend.

http://www.vivienofholloway.com/en/category/50s%20Halterneck%20Satin%20Dress/1950s-halterneck-satin-dress/1419/

I've relayy surprised myself by going for pink, i'm not a very pink person!

I have an appointment to try on my wedding dress again on Wednesday so I can pick a veil. V exciting, but also a bit nervous, hope I still like it as much.

• Hey susi

Her bouquets looked amazing! I actually thought she'd changed her mind and got real ones! It was only once I'd touched them that I realise they were fake!!

Kim x
  • Hi All,

Can I join in please? I'm a 29th June 2013 bride-to-be too! image

• I would recomend you all to check the vowscher website out because it has lots of deals for weddings and it is groupon style.

• TheNewMrsCTheNewMrsC Posts: 558
    lorecuore wrote (see)

I would recomend you all to check the vowscher website out because it has lots of deals for weddings and it is groupon style.

seriously stop spamming/plugging vowscher ffs!!!!!