22nd june 2013

im getting married on the 22nd june 2013?any1 else?i feel so behind only booked/paid for church,reception,cars and photographer arghh!

• Lucym89Lucym89 Posts: 389
    Hello date twin! Nearly a year to go yeee. Feel free to look at my planning thread it's becoming a hobby! Lol. Have u done a planning thread, it is a bit more clear when it is all written down. Happy planning x
  • emmie_louemmie_lou Posts: 369
    no i havent im new to this site image
  • JacabeanJacabean Posts: 205
    I'm just a week before you!

You've got loads of time, don't worry! But Lucy has a great point, a planning thread puts all of your thoughts and ideas in one place and people can give you feedback on things you're not sure about. Very useful!

Happy planning image
    wheres the planning thread???
  • rogesam27rogesam27 Posts: 98
    Im 22nd June too image Almost 1 year to go yippeeeee x
  • Hi emmie_lou

I'm getting married on the same day, nearly a year to go! yay!

Don't worry you've done loads more than I have image !!!
  • Kylieb86Kylieb86 Posts: 66
    Hi date twins image can't believe it's nearly one year to go!! Soooo excited although Iam hoping the weather is slightly better it has been pouring for days! X
  • Mrs BakeMrs Bake Posts: 1,651

Hello Date Twins!!!!

• Eeekkk can not believe its now nearly 8 months to go. Hope everyones planning is going well x

I know since the year mark went time has just been flying by but still feel like its dragging if you get me, been engaged 16 months now want the day to happen now! How is everyone else finding the planning! image
  • We got engaged jan 2011 and had the venue booked since april2011, feels like we've waited forever lol. Everything is booked, just got to pay for it all in full x

I've been very bad and haven't done any planning for weeks. I've booked the photographer, and DJ so just flowers to finalise now then it's paying for it all. That part scares me lol

• Lol, that part scares me too, but im sure we will both be fine image and we will both have an amazing day. Im going to collect my bridesmaid dresses in the morning and i feel like a big kid at christmas, so EXCITED lol, had a rough couple of months, had a falling out with 1 bridesmaid and 2 others followed suite beginning of last week, so their dresses are gone, then monday evening got an email to say the shop had ceased trading image Thank god for John Lewis wedding insurance image turns out the supplier actually had my dresses in the warehouse and agreed to shipp them to another shop, minus 3 dresses xx

Hi fellow 22 June 2013 brides!

What have you all got left to do? This is just a handful of things that are coming to mind.

We haven't looked at suits yet.

I don't even know what food we are having at the sit down meal we booked the venue in 2011 so it was a bit early to go through everything, we are seeing them in December so hopefully a few more questions can be asked and I know what is on the menu!

Finish invites and labels for favours.

Need to get the bridesmaids dresses largely taken up.

Need to get a tiara.

Need to start looking at fabric to make the tops of the favours out of (having mini jam jars filled with mints/sweets). Also scrub off all labels on jam jars.

However will probably think about this in the new year.

How is everyone else?? xx

rogesam27 wrote (see)

Lol, that part scares me too, but im sure we will both be fine image and we will both have an amazing day. Im going to collect my bridesmaid dresses in the morning and i feel like a big kid at christmas, so EXCITED lol, had a rough couple of months, had a falling out with 1 bridesmaid and 2 others followed suite beginning of last week, so their dresses are gone, then monday evening got an email to say the shop had ceased trading image Thank god for John Lewis wedding insurance image turns out the supplier actually had my dresses in the warehouse and agreed to shipp them to another shop, minus 3 dresses xx

Sorry rogesam - only just saw your reply!

That sucks, I'm sorry it's been so rough image

Lucy - I'm so behind!

I still can't get hold of the Reverend and have flowers to sort out, DJ to confirm, Engagement shoot to book (free with our photographer!) Bridesmaid dresses to order, invites to order and make! ARGH!!!!!!!

Ahh dont worry Future MrsDB you still have plenty of time, don't even get me started on the flowers My Mum and MIL2B are doing the flowers and two floristry courses they were booked on got cancelled, also we have to get the flower last minute as they are doing them day or two before wedding. After xmas it's going to be GO GO GO with everything! lol. x 

• Ooh I've just found this thread.. I'm a June 22nd'er too, we're getting married 2 years and 1 day after our very first date image

I have to say I think I'm too organised.. to the point where I'm now bored!  I have done pretty much everything, just my two nieces flowergirl dresses to sort, which we'll doo nearer the wedding date as they are both on a growing spurt just lately, my shoes and then just finish off the bits and pieces to decorate our marquee.. oh and I have got to sort out invites, but got a friend who is going to design those for me so that's at least work in progress.

Everyone keeps telling me that after Christmas time will fly by, which I hope it does as I would quite happily get married tomorrow if I could!

Thanks Lucy! I'm so worried about the bloody flowers! I love them but grrrrrr!

Mrs P to be - welcome to the thread! I kind of don't want it to fly by after xmas...... that means I have less time to save money lol!

• You have a point there MrsDB.. H2B is currently working away n London during the week so we can actually afford to get married. Its pants, and I'm missing him loads, but as he keeps telling me... Needs must!
  • I'm a 22nd June bride too!!! We've been engaged since December 2010 and had the venue and photographer booked since May 2011 so it feels like it's taken forever to plan.  Can't wait for the day to get here now!!!

• We are also 22nd June!!! I am feeling hugely unorganised image we've been engaged sine June 2011!!! But been together almost 8 years xx
  • Ladies, have you sorted your make up out? I'm feeling hugely unorganised...!! X
    Only just this weekend I have booked my trial for the 3rd April. Also my hair trial is 16th march. How is everyone getting on with their planning? X
  • I've had my hair trial, I was stressed about that as my hairdresser has just had a baby but bless her she came in especially to do a trial on a Sunday! So that's organised. I kinda knew what I wanted.

I took delivery of the stuff for my wedding invitations (I do that as a side line business to being a day to day accountant - yawn) so the construction process starts this week!!

Where is everyone's venue? I love looking at other people's venues!! Xx
    Ah that's good I'm really looking forward to mine.

My venue is at Bartley lodge hotel Hampshire we went there tonight for an open evening it was all set up for a wedding and looked beautiful! Just want the day to come now bored of waiting!

Have you got a planning thread x
  • No - I don't know really how all this works, I'm relatively knew (ie maybe a week ago!!!) but I'm obsessed. What on earth is a planning thread? I've seen loads of people talk about them but I have no idea where to start.....!!

Ooow it looks AMAZING!!!

Yes this site is very addictive if you click on my thread below that is my planning thread, have a nosey! X