Has anyone used Light in the box???

Hello lovely B2B, after reading more reviews on weddingdressonlieshop i have decided it may be a bad idea to buy from there, I am now looking at light in the box, and wondered if any one had used them, heard of them or knows anyone who has had experience with them. Im looking for 3bridesmaids dresses, i dont mind if they arent deisgner i just want to get them ordered now. image

• Have looked at them but haven't ordered anything through them. Also they do go through quidco so you may be able to get cashback for anything you buy through them
  • Anyone else used them? x
  • Hi, I havent brought anyhthing bridal but did but a kitchen tap. the tap itself was brilliant and good quality but then about a month later we got a duty tax bill from them that we had to pay, it does mention this in very small print on their website so i would hesitate to buy anything else. it worked out no cheaper with the tax to pay.
  • San1969San1969 Posts: 577
    I bought my bridal underskirt from them and it was fab!! cost me about £22 I think and even the shop owner that I bought my dress from was impressed with it.
  • my sister in law got her wedding dress from there & was thrilled with it. it arrived quickly & was well made. i was thinking of ordering from there too, but found my bargain pre-loved dress & decided to make my bridemaids dresses. xxx
  • I ended up getting my Bridesmaids dresses from Girls of Elegance.co.uk and they are absolutely superb, the quality is amazing they were £70 a dress, and the company are based in the uk but order there dresses in from the us which is why they are so cheeap, they were extremley helpful, When the dresses arrived there were only 2x wraps instead of 3, I called them up and they were very apologetic and one arrived in the post the very next day, after all the stress i had finding the dresses and finding a respectable company i would highly recommend this company image
  • Yes - I ordered some lovely furry wraps for myself and my 2 bridesmaids from them. They are lovely, but I did get a nasty shock when the delivery man demanded £18 in import taxes at my doorstep! But still cheaper than the £80 ones I've seen elsewhere.
  • yes i ordered my bridesmaids dresses and i absolutely love them

you might not be able to see well but the colour is perfect and the style is exactly what i was looking for and plus the price was fantastic and the shipping very quick image oh and i also ordered my toss garter from them as well image
  • Yes - I ordered bridesmaid dresses from there and they were just like the picture and very well made - I've also just ordered my wedding dress image
  • Hiya, I ordered a fur wrap for myself from them last month. I got the slow/cheap delivery and it arrived within 10 days which I was amazed by. The wrap is really lovely, I was dubious about buying from overseas but based on this experience I will be buying shrugs for my bridesmaids from them soon too.

• i ordered twice from light in the box for a total merchandize of 50 pounds per order.

I received the first order on time and it was good, the second order was delayed by a month with no proper customer service response.

To top it all, i was presented with import VAT of alomost 22 pounds on my first order from Fedex as the order was shipped from China and the second time the VAT was arounf 20 pounds again.

Basically, you end up paying more in the hidden charges which are very hard to find when you check out stuff from light in the box.

Also, i find this seller very cunning as they have a customer live chat for buying products but no live chat to address issues/complaints. I am still folllowing up with them to find out why there was no explicit information provided during check out.

This website is a trap. Although the products are very enticing i would recommend dont fall into the trap

• CozCoz Posts: 1

Ordered an under skirt, shoes and a veil from Light in the Box...... just been contacted by the delivery company to say I have to pay £90 before they will deliver the package to me!!!! Apparently it is for the tax/duty for buying a product from China and getting delivered to the UK..... I am totally unaware of this charge. Looks as if I'm going to have pay it as supposidly it states in small print on a page on the web site (not obvious) that charges may apply, all this even though I paid a delivery charge on their website - apparently this is differant to the duty/tax charge. Have no choice but to pay. WILL NOT ORDER THERE AGAIN - no longer a cheap order, probably more expensive than ordering from the UK. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

• MadamFiMadamFi Posts: 1

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Their after sales service is atrocious, I ordered dance trainers which took 5 weeks to arrive after paying for express delivery! They are too small and won't change them as they are specially made - joke. Also we too have had a bill for duty. All in all we have paid a lot of money for trainers I can't wear. 

• zitazita Posts: 1

i today got a messege that i need pay vat 84 GBP lol, never gona buy again from them. as i paid for expeded delivery 18 and now i need pay 84. Rubish. just hope my dress will come normal,