Save the Dates

Now that we can all say we're getting married next year (hurray!!) I was wondering when everyone was planning on sending save the dates out?

• BUggabooBUggaboo Posts: 398
    We can't book the registrar until exactly a year before so as soon as we've done that I'll be sending invites out to everyone abroad.

Won't bother with any over here, will just spread the word and then send the proper invites out around September/October.
  • I'm doing mine this week as wedding is on Easter bank holiday so need to get word out before people book holidays etc
  • lisabri12lisabri12 Posts: 199
    I get married November 2012 and I am sending them out in the next couple of weeks.

Just wanted xmas out of the way first!!
  • Boo81ukBoo81uk Posts: 254
    I'll probably send them out after Easter. We're getting married Easter weekend 2013. If I send them out before Easter this year I can imagine some of my family getting confused and thinking it was this year!

http://wedinlondon.blogspot.com/
  • Thanks all. AJG2B - I was thinking of end of March for ours after we've met with our registrar. I did just order them though - 30% off on Vistaprint if anyone's looking for a good deal!
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    we're july 2013 and i'm not doing save the dates, just the actual invites from one year in advance, going to take me a while to make them and the man's family need the first wave as they have to book flights and such so most might not come and then il know how many more people we can invite image
  • Ive just started sending mine for 2nd March 2013 wedding xx
  • Boo81ukBoo81uk Posts: 254
    I found these cute photobooth style wedding invited on Pinterest

http://wedinlondon.com/2012/02/11/diy-wedding-invite/

I might make them as save the dates. What do you think? Are they cute? Or is the photo a bit OTT?
  • BUggabooBUggaboo Posts: 398
    Depends on your style. I like them but as neither me nor h2b are particularly confident we'd not have something like that.
  • Boo81uk - I love those! They're so cute! image
  • xriax1xriax1 Posts: 282
    We are getting married 29/3/13, sent out the save the dates with our Christmas cards as we have a few guests from abroad and with getting married at Easter thought id get them out. 2013 is pretty much already booked out for me with so many hen do's amd weddings close together I wanted to get my date saved image