Forum home Archived I got married in March 2013

Rings ordered :)

Another item ticked of the to do list. We have ordered our rings and are having them custom made. We have gone for rings with our wedding date engraved on them in roman numerals the rings are gorgeous paying a deposit on them Tuesday. Not much more to sort now

• BUggabooBUggaboo Posts: 398
    That sounds nice, how much are they, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Quoted:
    how much are they, if you don't mind me asking?
    They came to £590 altogether and thats with having them engraved too imageones we were looking at in H samuel was going to cost us 835 and there wasn't really anything special about them
  • RapunzbelRapunzbel Posts: 402
    Where have you ordered your rings from and how long before you get them back with the engraving?

Is it much more to have them engraved?

We haven't even thought about rings yet :/ although i do know what i would like them engraved with but want to keep it a surprise for H2b.
  • BUggabooBUggaboo Posts: 398
    That's quite good! Might have to look around, are they from a chain company? I wouldn't know where to look.
  • soontobeamrssoontobeamrs Posts: 293 New bride
    We're getting ours from a workshop in Hatton Garden (collecting them on Saturday - yay!) - they charge £2 per letter, if that helps!
  • We got ours from smooch.co.uk they have people come out and show you the collection and then all they ask is for 1/3 of the price as a deposit. Once paid they take 6 weeks to come as they are made from scratch and come with a lifetime gaurentee so you can send em to be polished, resized etc f.o.c image our engraving has cost £70 per ring because its roman numerals but you can add diamonds and change the shape etc