Project Invitations about to commence!

My SIL2B has designed a beautiful invitation for us and I'm so happy with it! Now I've ordered everything we need to make them from about 5 different websites - a few more days and the DIY can commence! So exciting! image

• I love the idea of DIY invites too

would you be able to recommend the websites you used? Pleaseeeeee image if you don't mind image
  • soontobeamrssoontobeamrs Posts: 293 New bride
    Of course no problem - the main one was www.pureinvitation.co.uk (they're really good quality and not a bad price) but I got ribbon from Hobbycraft (35p a metre for 3mm gold ribbon) and self-adhesive diamantes from Amazon (900+ for less than £5!).
  • BUggabooBUggaboo Posts: 398
    Can't wait to see them!

I started mine a few days ago but was soon demotivated. Theyre plain gate fold and I'm starting to think they look too boring and cheap.
  • soontobeamrssoontobeamrs Posts: 293 New bride
    I'm sure they're lovely Giannyuk1! You can always put a pic on here and see if anyone has any suggestions to add a bit of extra sparkle or something?
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    Quoted:
    I started mine a few days ago but was soon demotivated. Theyre plain gate fold and I'm starting to think they look too boring and cheap.

i wondered that about ours after making them for weeks but a brief stint away from them making something else made me love them again and remember why i had done the design i did. if you're finding youre spending hours everyday looking at them give yourself a break otherwise you start to have doubts

cant wait to see everyone's it bored me to tears in the end but i love knowing our invites are like nothing else and no one elses hehee
  • RapunzbelRapunzbel Posts: 402
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

i wondered that about ours after making them for weeks but a brief stint away from them making something else made me love them again and remember why i had done the design i did. if you're finding youre spending hours everyday looking at them give yourself a break otherwise you start to have doubts

cant wait to see everyone's it bored me to tears in the end but i love knowing our invites are like nothing else and no one elses hehee

I agree that time away can chamge your view of your work.

I have just recently started ours and after the first 5 I was close to tears as they weren't how I had imagined and I just generally hated them. Even started looking at ones to buy

But after coming back from staying at H2b's family for the jubilee weekend I found I actually adored them and am really pleased with everything. Just have to do the rest now.
  • Ooh, exciting!

Im making mine from scratch... Spend several hours playing with stuff last weekend image

Would love to see what you are all having! image
  • ManthaHManthaH Posts: 269
    We finished making ours today! The day ones we sent way in advance and the reception ones will be distributed this week. Hard work but definitely worth it, it's lovely knowing they're completely unique and exactly as we wanted. Have fun image