March 2013 Renewal of Vows :-)

Hi everyone!

Wow it's weird posting in a 'I'm getting married in...' thread again!

My husband and I got married last June, but originally we were going to go abroad and get married just the two of us. Well, it ended up being in the UK, still very small at 20 people to the day with a big evening do. Anyway. I'm so glad we did it that way and wouldn't change it for the world, but I do feel (and have always felt) that I still want to go somewhere just the two of us and have a Blessing/Renewal of Vows.

Anyway! So we've now decided that we want to try for babies, but before we do we want this Blessing/Renewal - so here we are!

In March we are going to go abroad and have our last holiday as a couple and have our Blessing/Renewal and then try for little one(s) in April on our return and I AM SO EXCITED!

At the moment it's looking like it will be either the Maldives, Bali or Thailand (although I think Bali and Thailand don't have great weather..!)

I can't wait to wear my wedding dress again, although with flip flops.. and my hair down in loose waves/curls with a flower in it.. and my hubby in Linens and flip flops.. followed by a romantic meal on the beach and some photographs of us that will be decent! (had a nightmare with the wedding tog..)

Anyway! I'm so excited that I just had to share!! image

• Sonya102Sonya102 Posts: 52
    OOoooo, how exciting and so lovely you can have your day all over again!

I agree with having a last big/couple only holiday, because once you have a child, your world is theirs (to an extent!)

We have a Son, who's nearly 6 and can't decide whether to have a honeymoon with or without him. That sounds really bad, doesn't it!! We never had an exotic holiday together as a couple, so this may be our chance

• MrsHunt110611MrsHunt110611 Posts: 1,992
    I would say without him (that does sound awful!) but it really depends on how much you feel you'll miss him.

I know our honeymoon in the Seychelles was magical, and although not much changes when you get married, something does. I remember looking at MrH on the plane and it was almost like seeing him for the first time all over again. It was very strange. I think I described as before the wedding I felt that he was the other half of me, and now I feel like he is the whole of me and I'm the whole of him. It's a very subtle change, but we then spent the honeymoon almost getting to know each other again.

It sounds so strange. But I felt that those two weeks off on our own gave us chance to know each other's soul all over again.

Sorry if that's quite deep and weird-sounding!

Excited for the Maldives now though!