Forum home Archived I got married in March 2013

2 weeks to go and grandad just passed away

Im devastated. The one thing my grandad wanted was to make it to my wedding but sadly he has passed away with 2 weeks to go. I feel really guilty about still making plans, getting excited. Dont feel like i should be doing any of these things.feel so guilty but still have so much to do

• nestypienestypie Posts: 651
    Ah I'm sorry, must be tough for you,

But I'm sure he would love for you to still enjoy your day, xx
  • HelsbelsHelsbels Posts: 13
    So sorry for your loss!!! I also get married in two weeks so understand how much there is to do. It's going to be a tough time for all the family but your wedding will give an occasion for you all to celebrate something. Maybe you could have a toast to him during the speaches and also put your bouquet at his resting place.

I'm sure he wouldn't want you feeling guilty, you need to make sure you do him proud and enjoy your special day.

Sending you big hugs x
  • Oh I am so sorry to hear the sad news, But like the girls said he wouldn't want you to stop. Maybe he won't be their in person but I'm sure he will be there in spirit. Maybe put a framed photo of him somewhere on the day so that he is part of your big day too. Big hugs xx
  • TripTrip Posts: 120
    Im so sorry for your loss xhugsx, your granda will still be there though promise,light a candle on the day or carry a photo of him,hope you still have your perfect day xx
  • mrsmac2be2mrsmac2be2 Posts: 279
    So sorry to hear about your Grandpa, can't imagine all the emotions you are going thru. He would want you to enjoy everything about your wedding though, even the build up. Keep going & keep his memory alive & maybe try & think of something special that still involves him in your day, maybe a piece of music he loved or something. Good luck x x
  • SilvereyeSilvereye Posts: 288

Oh I'm so sorry! That must be so sad for you image Like the others have said, he really wouldn't want you to stop getting excited and making your plans. At my brother's wedding last year they made a toast to our grandad who passed away a few months before, as well as the bride's grandad who had passed the following year. It was a very lovely touch.

xx

• BuddletBuddlet Posts: 1,289
    Big hugs hubby so sorry for your loss. Don't feel guilty I'm sure your grandad would want you to focus on the wedding and make it everything you wished for. Xx
  • Weddin crazyWeddin crazy Posts: 1,743
    So sorry to hear your news Hun. I'm sure your grandad will be watching over you on your big day and will want to see you and your family happy and celebrating.
  • The BrideThe Bride Posts: 60
    So sorry to hear this.