Forum home Archived I got married in May 2012

Teal & Purple

Anyone have any ideas for a teal and purple themed wedding apart from peacocks?! My mum is superstitious and has said peacock feather are bad luck!?

• dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635 New bride
    hi there

yeah, peacock feathers can be seen as bad luck for the supersticious. How about using teal and purple within your flowers, i have just done silk flowers for a purple wedding and used purple orchids and feathers amougst the cream, looked really nice. You can also get teal coloured flowers if you are going for the silk variety. With regard to dresses, how about teal BM dresses, with cream flowers and bits of purple and teal in between?
  • We had a teal and purple theme for our wedding in May. Happy to send you some photos if you want ideas. Essentially we had teal vases with purple and white flowers. Lots of teal ribbon and gems on the table to add some colour. I am selling the tealight holders if you can give them a good home! We also had teal and ivory balloons to add some colour to the room and to keep the purple theme flowing - purple shoes! We loved the matching colour and everything looked stunning. Good luck